For those who love this kind of write up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who love this kind of write up

gordolphin said:
Trent Green

????? I'm not sure we thought we lost much, but I don't remember the circumstance for not going for him..

I think this guy who wrote this must be a Chicago beat writer or something and he's so entirely frustrated with how bad the Bears are, and how slim their prospects are for 2004, that he just decided to start lashing out at any and every other NFL team out there who is supposed to be "good" this year.

The article tells it how it is.Wanny has been an absolute flop at evaluating QB talent and that has handicapped this team from reaching its potential.Lucas wasnt even a QB in college.Parcells made him a situational QB but Wanny missed the relevance of that.Dont forget Cade Mc Nown which the Bears palmed off on us for a draft pick.What a bust.The list is long.

Rick was around for most of those busts so he must have some input and doesnt get off the hook.He admitted he recommended Fletcher to Dave.Lets hope he is right about AJ.

gordolphin said:
Tom Brady in the 2000 draft and jeff Delhome last year.
Also this year, Kurt Warner, Mark Brunell, and wasn't Dilfer available last year? With the right program, any of those three could still have great success in the NFL> I believe in Joe Gibbs and I think he will show the football world that Brunell is far, far from done. Delhomme would have been a very good QB to sign a year ago and he had proven himself in the European league. Rohan Davey, of the Pats, was outstanding int he European League and he will leave his mark on the NFL. Bellichick knows what he has in Davey, though, so even when his contract releases him to be a free agent, I don't think he'll let him go. But even if he was available to the Fins next year, they wouldn't have sense enough to take him.

Guys we are stuck with Fiedler til Wanny is gone. period.

GMP-AGAIN said:
Also this year, Kurt Warner, Mark Brunell, and wasn't Dilfer available last year? With the right program, any of those three could still have great success in the NFL> I believe in Joe Gibbs and I think he will show the football world that Brunell is far, far from done. Delhomme would have been a very good QB to sign a year ago and he had proven himself in the European league. Rohan Davey, of the Pats, was outstanding int he European League and he will leave his mark on the NFL. Bellichick knows what he has in Davey, though, so even when his contract releases him to be a free agent, I don't think he'll let him go. But even if he was available to the Fins next year, they wouldn't have sense enough to take him.

So you guys knew Tom Brady was going to function good in the NFL along with Dehomme, like I said 20/20 hindsight is a mother... :D

gordolphin said:
matt Haselbeck too

We would have Hasselbeck today if it wasn't for Green Bay renegotiating with Seattle and not telling us. But had that happened we might not have Ricky today. So...

They saw something in Hasselbeck then. Now they see something in Feeley I suppose.

GMP-AGAIN said:

Kurt Warner is a waste of space, on the cap and field. He's not even a shadow of what he once was. Mark Brunell was our first choice but you can thank Jacksonville for being a stupid organization, and Dilfer... oh god. He's Fiedler without the starting lineup credit to his name.

Stop typing dude.

Spielman picked Feeley not Wanny. How good he will do is still a mystery. It's very simple, if you want the next Brady, Delhomme, Warner, etc. you have to take a chance, you're more likely to get burned overpaying a guy with limited time left (Brunell), or sitting around waiting for some other veteran who may or may not get released. For all they knew the best they would have gotten out of that was Testaverde. I think RS made a pretty decent decision at QB. Keeping Fiedler was wise as well, if Feeley falls through then we at least still have a legitimate shot.

CrunchTime said:
The article tells it how it is.Wanny has been an absolute flop at evaluating QB talent and that has handicapped this team from reaching its potential.Lucas wasnt even a QB in college.Parcells made him a situational QB but Wanny missed the relevance of that.Dont forget Cade Mc Nown which the Bears palmed off on us for a draft pick.What a bust.The list is long.

Rick was around for most of those busts so he must have some input and doesnt get off the hook.He admitted he recommended Fletcher to Dave.Lets hope he is right about AJ.
I don't remember Rick recomending Fletcher to Dave....Actually, I'm pretty sure that Rick wanted Chambers with our first round pick. I do remember hearing that.

There are some QB´s I don´t like, but just making a point that QB´s have been available.

inFINSible said:
I don't remember Rick recomending Fletcher to Dave....Actually, I'm pretty sure that Rick wanted Chambers with our first round pick. I do remember hearing that.
Wow, a rare moment, yes Rick wanted the receiver and Wanny wanted Fletcher, I knew someday we'd agree on something.

MDFINFAN said:
So you guys knew Tom Brady was going to function good in the NFL along with Dehomme, like I said 20/20 hindsight is a mother... :D
No, but the Dolphins pay a lot of people to do that, and in those years it ws wanny job. They were available , like it or not

gordolphin said:
No, but the Dolphins pay a lot of people to do that, and in those years it ws wanny job. They were available , like it or not

Yea just like the FO's who drafted leaf, McClown, BG, t. Brown and so many more...you guys are ridiculous with this stuff, just don't make any plain sense..... :shakeno:

BlueFin said:
Wow, a rare moment, yes Rick wanted the receiver and Wanny wanted Fletcher, I knew someday we'd agree on something.
:whew: now that that's out of the way....Lets not do it again....;)

Back
Top Bottom