For those who love this kind of write up | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who love this kind of write up

These were available like it or not? Is that what I just read? do you read? moron? yes! We did try for Hasselback, Seattle neg behind our back and did the deal before we could react. NOT WANNYS FAULT!

Brady? Yeah but yeah 30 other teams also were not sold, so you knew bRady was a All-pro? he was a sixth round pick, that means he is a project/gamble/reach, get it? Yep he turned out great, but what if we did draft him and he bust, would you like the move then? You only say that because now we know, but no scout knew then, including NE, hell he was almost cut his rookie year.

Delhomme, we knew he would be great? why, how many games had he started? Vs Griese, who I dont like, but had starting experience? so we should have scouted an been able to tell he was gonna be great even tho there was little to base that on, right?

So if that is your freakin argument, maybe they did all that and AJ is that man they scouted and believe will succeed. After all they had as much to go on as Car did w/ Delhomme and NE did w/ Brady. Try a better argument.

not to change the subject...but the fins are the same team that couldve gotten dennis green to be the coach....what happened there???then we probably couldve been smart and gotten a qb to not compete with fiedler but start in place of him now...whats your take?

finzforever3000 said:
not to change the subject...but the fins are the same team that couldve gotten dennis green to be the coach....what happened there???then we probably couldve been smart and gotten a qb to not compete with fiedler but start in place of him now...whats your take?

Green hasn't done no more than Wanny, he even had a team go 15-1 and no sb apperance...could you imagine the fans reaction to that on this board?

The situation with the qb is getting one that fits our cap, keep our D strong and allow us to add other players..until this year, I haven't seen a big time QB on the market, and if we waited until June to get one this year, can you imagine how watered down the O would have to be. Notice the reports in Giant land was that Warner wasn't looking that good, I imagine the same is happening in GB with Couch and in Oakland with Collins..they're thinking instead of reacting, just like AJ, but AJ will probably start showing some mastery of the O this TC with the extra time, and the rest will still be trying to learn most of the plays. It's a crap shoot and we just didn't have the players in the past to pull off an effective and aggressive O.

Yep but...

I agree with everything you say except that you you gotta remember green went 15-1 but in the process made the playoffs!!and also i think green is definitely an upgrade over wanny...look at where wanny came from

finzforever3000 said:
I agree with everything you say except that you you gotta remember green went 15-1 but in the process made the playoffs!!and also i think green is definitely an upgrade over wanny...look at where wanny came from

From a proven track record, just like Green, Wanny from JJ, Green from Walsh..I like Green too, my point, he hasn't done any that Wanny hasn't done. That's all...the 20/20 hindsight thing on this board is what kills me..people talk about who was available only after they made some noise. Brady may not even have as effective in our system as he is in NE. Things like that is what bugs me the most. We have the luxury to sit and critique after the fact. Just give me a break with some that stuff..tell me who's going to be great of the guys we don't know right now before the season starts...I want to see how many names we get right.

the whole idea

i like the idea of waiting to see what happens.....then i guess we can see what couldve,wouldve and shouldve happened...the whole thing is is that the fins need change...and obviously w'eve seen that...but until we beat the pats or whoever to get to sb w'ell always be asking ourselves questions :confused:

Wanny is the Jimy Williams of football, with the added detriment of personnel power...and Ditka's running for Senate. Good goshamighty.

I havent read all the posts but the article whether fan or not is true. He has only played 5 games, none last season and had a bad to decent mini-camp righ,t now the odds are against him. However, all this is being said before training camp/preseason so he could turn out to be the second coming. As or RIGHT now however it seems like the dolphins threw the dice and lost, although I have been known to be wrong.

MDFINFAN said:
Green hasn't done no more than Wanny, he even had a team go 15-1 and no sb apperance...could you imagine the fans reaction to that on this board?

The situation with the qb is getting one that fits our cap, keep our D strong and allow us to add other players..until this year, I haven't seen a big time QB on the market, and if we waited until June to get one this year, can you imagine how watered down the O would have to be. Notice the reports in Giant land was that Warner wasn't looking that good, I imagine the same is happening in GB with Couch and in Oakland with Collins..they're thinking instead of reacting, just like AJ, but AJ will probably start showing some mastery of the O this TC with the extra time, and the rest will still be trying to learn most of the plays. It's a crap shoot and we just didn't have the players in the past to pull off an effective and aggressive O.
Well here we go again, I have to disagree, Green has 10 years in this league like Wanny, his teams made the playoffs 70 % of the time, 7 out of 10 years, Wanny's teams have only made it 30% of the time 3 out of 10, even in Miami he's only at 50 % 2-4, Green actually made it to a conference championship game which is what I call contending for a title, Wanny's best showing has been a wildcard win..........I'd say Green was more successful than Wanny, his winning percentage also bears this out.

B-b-b-but, the only measure of success is winning a SB?!?! :confused: :huh:

inFINSible said:
I don't remember Rick recomending Fletcher to Dave....Actually, I'm pretty sure that Rick wanted Chambers with our first round pick. I do remember hearing that.
I beg to differ with you.Speilman recommended Fletcher to Wanny who also liked him.In fact Rick has a picture of Fletcher in his office wall (Or did at one time) because that was the first pick he ever made.Give him a mulligan for it but it doesnt change the fact.:yell:

No doubt he hit it in his next selection ,our beloved CC.

Sorry for the off topic,mod.

CrunchTime said:
I beg to differ with you.Speilman recommended Fletcher to Wanny who also liked him.In fact Rick has a picture of Fletcher in his office wall (Or did at one time) because that was the first pick he ever made.Give him a mulligan for it but it doesnt change the fact.:yell:

No doubt he hit it in his next selection ,our beloved CC.

Sorry for the off topic,mod.

You can get mad all you want but, I still don't remember it that way and I even remember that Rick didn't want Fletcher because he didn't come from a bump and run system.

I may be wrong but, calm down, it's a discussion not an argument.

BlueFin said:
Well here we go again, I have to disagree, Green has 10 years in this league like Wanny, his teams made the playoffs 70 % of the time, 7 out of 10 years, Wanny's teams have only made it 30% of the time 3 out of 10, even in Miami he's only at 50 % 2-4, Green actually made it to a conference championship game which is what I call contending for a title Wanny's best showing has been a wildcard win..........I'd say Green was more successful than Wanny, his winning percentage also bears this out.

BlueFin said:
I consider getting to the show(a superbowl) contending...

You just change your stance as needed????

I personally dont have a problem with Jay at all. When a QB only has one look most of the time in Chambers, we can't call him a bad QB. McMicheal gives him an option every once in awhile, but when your passing game is supposed to stretch the field for your star running back, a tight-end needs to be the last guy you check before throwing the ball. Unless they are going to start sending Randy a bit more vertical, which he is definatley capable of. (We have to realize that our tightend is one of the best kept secrets in the AFC. He is a gamer for sure). But as for Feidler, I'm a strong supporter of letting him start the season with the new line and David Boston running down the left side. If all you Jay haters would go back and watch some game tape, I'm sure you'd see that it isn't that he can't make a throw, its that he can't make the throw because Chambers is trippled up and nobody else can get open. If I'm wrong, and after Jay starts this year and fails, then I'll gladly accept any critism of my view, but give the guy a chance with what is supposed to be a greatly improved offense.

He has won a hell of a lot more than he has lost, so he has that on his side. Lets see if he pull this off. He doesn't, then he doesn't. I think he will, and thats just my opinion.

inFINSible said:
You just change your stance as needed????
No Infins, both statements can be true, IMO getting to the final four or Conference Championship game is truly contending, or being a real contender, used in reference to Denny Green for example. Using Marino as an example he made it to the Superbowl which is also contending by my definition and opinion. Winning a Wildcard game and getting blownout in the divisional round I do not consider the mark of a real contender, Which is the best Wanny as head coach and Jay Fiedler as a quarterback have done.

Back
Top Bottom