For those wondering.. Chads preseason stats last year compared to this year (so far)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MIA 23 DOLFAN, Aug 21, 2011.

1. MIA 23 DOLFAN

MIA 23 DOLFAN Scout Team

08/14 TB W 10-7 5 for 11. 19 yds. rating of 52.5 0 TDS 0 INTS
    08/21 @ JAC W 27-26 11 for 14. 151 yds. rating of 151.2 2 TDS 0 INTS
    08/27 ATL L 6-16 10 for 22. 123 yds. rating of 44.3 0 TDS 1 INT
    9/02 @ DAL L 25-27 6 for 11. 53 yds. rating of 67.6 0 TDS 0 INTS (2 fumbles)

compared to

08/12 @ ATL W 28-23 4 for 8. 77 yds. rating of 83.9 1 TD 2 INTS
    08/19 CAR W 20-10 15 for 24. 194 yds. rating of 87.8 0 TDS 0 INTS

2. mega-fin-love

mega-fin-love Just trust me Donator

thanks for the stats man....Looks like they same ol inconsistent crappy Henne to me

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

2008 Preseason QB Rating: 70.3
    2009 Preseason QB Rating: 73.4
    2010 Preseason QB Rating: 77.2
    2011 Preseason QB Rating: 71.2

Seems pretty consistent, actually. He's consistent in his inconsistency.

4. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

And the consistent negative touchdown to interception ratio.

5. Mr_Freezetag

Mr_Freezetag Knowledge Hunter

How do you get 71.2 QB rating from 83.9 + 87.8?

Hating on Henne a bit much or just posting nonsense?

6. ROADRUNNER

ROADRUNNER FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Good for a B/UP..............

7. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Last year, in his 4 preseason games, he had a QB rating of.....52.5.......151.2......44.3....67.6

This year in his 2 preseason games, he had a QB rating of.....83.9......87.8

Last year he had 3 games where he had a QB rating lower the 70, this year 2 games so far over an 80 QB rating....seems more consistant in a good way for Henne to me.

You guys are just trying to hard to soil the game he had this Friday....how about, at the very least, waiting for next week before starting the same old Henne spiel.

8. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

you know, its amazing how many points you score when you throw for a TD stats wise. He had two INts vs. none and only got 4 points more on no INt's. This is what is absolutely amazing about stats in a 45 player team game. Stats are for geeks.

9. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

You know, it will be fun to see, If Henne has another good game, how these people will be able to continue to trash him.

10. Mr_Freezetag

People should start to look at espn's Total QB rating system. It makes a bit more sense and rates out of 100. Ether way these are preseason stats, whether good or bad don't mean much to me. It's what happens starting week 1 of the regular season.

11. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

i don't know. ask nfl.com.

12. carjackistan

carjackistan Rookie

He's absolutely right. The 83.9 from the first game shows how flawed the QB rating stat is, particularly on a game by game basis. He's at 83.9 for that game because of a superficially high TD%. Once the second game is added in, his TD% goes way down, hurting him more than the lack of interceptions against Carolina helps.

13. beanh8er

beanh8er A True Fan Donator

You get an 83.9 for the first game if you don't count the first interception which was 100% on Fasano. CKs stat is correct if you count that interception.

14. jvw

jvw Starter

They will continue to trash him until he wins a SB so they are pretty confident they will always have the last say...and even then they will give credit to anyone but him......

15. ckparrothead

I have two reasons why I wouldn't take that interception away from Henne:

1. He contributed to the poor result by throwing a poorly placed ball
    2. You'd have to go run through every QB that has ever played and similarly take out any interception you don't deem to be their fault, either

I don't really have time to go through with #2 and so I'd just assume let the stats fall where they fall, under the premise that 'bad luck', TRUE bad luck, falls evenly in the long run. For instance, that ball Henne threw to Daniel Thomas in the 2nd quarter of the Panthers game, where he threw really late on the wheel into a short cover two zone...that should have been a pick-6 if that corner had played it right. It wasn't. So, Henne had some bad luck on the Fasano pick, but some good luck on that non-pick...it evens out.

16. RockyMtnPhinfan

RockyMtnPhinfan A True Fan Donator

Sounds like you are describing my golf game......

17. Mr_Freezetag

It's simple math. Are you missing a chromosone buddy?

18. Mr_Freezetag

So 83.9 + 87.8 averages to a 71.2 qb rating?

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Do you people not see how 83.9 + 87.8 = 171.1

171.1/2 = 85.85

How the hell do you see it any other way. Simple addition/subtraction here.

Write what you want but clearly he does not have a 71.2 QB rating like CK states.

The OP is talking about his QB Rating. And what do the stats show? He has a better QB rating so far compared to his previous PRESEASONS.

I don't get you pull a 71.2 out of...

19. greasyObnoxious

it's not quite as simple as adding it up and averaging it out. Henne had a ridiculously high TD percentage in week 1 to go along with a high YPA. that lead to a good rating, despite two INT's. in week 2, Henne had no INT's and a solid completion percentage. each game by itself not bad, but if you calculate the rating for both performanced combined, the TD percentage goes down, the completion percentage goes down and the INT percentage still isn't very good.

20. beanh8er

beanh8er A True Fan Donator

That's not how it works. Put all of his stats into one calculation and it's a 71.2. While each individual game is better than last year the overall performance is the same. I guess.

21. Phantom

Phantom Phantom Donator

It's freaking pre season !!!!!!!!

Until this guy shows he can play on a consistent level when it counts its all garbage.

22. greasyObnoxious

whatever you say, sunshine.

23. ckparrothead

Sorry, but you are not correct.

http://www.nfl.com/player/chadhenne/252/gamelogs

Passer ratings are always combined. The NFL endorses this by releasing full season passer ratings, as does every other statistics service associated with the NFL. When they do passer ratings for any period of time, the passing statistics are combined and then formed into a passer rating.

Look up any NFL QB Rating calculator on the internet that you want, there's a good one at www.primecomputing.com, and plug in 19 of 32 for 271 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs. That is a 71.2 QB Rating.

Of the people that have commented in this thread, carjackistan seems to have the firmest grasp (or at the very least the most detailed explanation) on mathematically why the 71.2 QB Rating is so far off from the individual game ratings.

24. mega-fin-love

Good Lord some people have 0 common sense. Henne has proven to suck for years in games that actually count. Until he shows that he can be a good QB in real games than he still sucks and has proven nothing. If you disagree than you are wrong and don't understand football. Period. End of story.

25. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

Whatever you say smart guy!

26. CRAZYDOLFAN305

CRAZYDOLFAN305 We Are Still Going To The SB

Man, the madness continues. Rating is completely irrelevant right now. There's some specifics improvements we are looking for. Decisiveness, Play recognition, pocket presence, throwing on the run, ability to audible, becoming a leader. Etc. Chad Henne is going to be playing in only his 3rd season. Quarterbacks get better all the time.

27. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

damn, henne looked good the other night!!! hittin reggie in full stride is gold! henne gonna piss some people off this year, in a good way.

28. mega-fin-love

haha....you know it's true bro. Nothing but a bunch of super Fin fans getting excited and hoping for the best. Not that there is anything wrong with hoping for the best but let's not confuse that with the truth though

29. XxfeensterxX

XxfeensterxX FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

You cleary have no idea how the QB rating system works . . .

30. hooserdaddy

hooserdaddy FinHeaven VIP

Let's get off preseason qb ratings for a minute. Has anybody else noticed that Henne seems to look more comfortable in the pocket and is making quicker decisions? I think he will always be a qb that makes that bad decision or two during games but so have many other starting qb's not named Brady or Manning. Thats the first thing i've noticed in the first 2 games is that he seems to have more pocket awareness and able to escape out of the pocket when previous years he didn't.

31. sharp

sharp Scout Team

The issue with people blaming him for Fasano's drop or his 2nd INT, are so quick to knock him for actually completing a deep bomb to hartline for a TD. "Oh thats because it was blown coverage!" well apparently theres blown coverage every game, Henne just never hits the OPEN WR downfield.

32. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

i can tell you dont coach. you dont place the ball where the wr will get killed. if he threw the ball in front of him there was a defensive player right there that would have took fasanos head off.
    i use to have so much respect for you, but you are def wrong in this case. just bc you dont like someone you dont make **** up

33. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

People really don't the like the idea of Henne having a good game. Even the smartest people here are making **** up to prove their point. :lol:

34. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Ask the NFL, because that is his QBR for this years preseason as per NFL.com.. Yourself as well as those who thanked you, Big Fail

35. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

I can tell you didnt watch some of Henne to Hartline and Bess last year, because Henne got Hartline killed twice, actually took Hartline out of a game, and almost got Bess killed last year on multiple occasions.

36. truxsamurai

truxsamurai Rookie

You can look at stats, but the difference is its a new offense. Especially the offense that henne have a good chance of doing good in. Imagine if henne had daboll spread offense when he got into the league instead of hennings. I think he would learn more and be a better qb he is now. Thats just what i think because hes a gunslinger. Im rooting for henne. Hes the qb weve been waiting for.

37. dolphinfan41

dolphinfan41 Well-Known Member

Are we SERIOUSLY talking about preseason QB ratings?

38. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Yet some of the same "Orton is the answer" detractors who love to point stuff like this out, choose to ignore Orton's sub 61 2010 4thQtr and career 3rd down QBRs citing an overall deceptively respectable rating mostly amassed when it didn't count or there was no pressure. Go know :idk: I don't think a QB has had any more pressure on him than Henne did last Friday nite.. and all things considered, he acquitted himself pretty damn admirably.

39. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

Last year after our second pre season game Henne had just beat Jax with 11 / 13 160 yards and 2 TD's. We all thought we had found our QB.

Needless to say after last season's fizzle at the end it will probably take several more consistant showings for everyone to buy back in to that.

This was a good start.

Go Chad ....... your all we got so show us.

40. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

are we talking about last year? we are talking about the fasano int. henne put it in the best possible place so the te didnt get killed. it hit him in the hands and he dropped it. it was a bad situation no matter what. if he would have lead fasano and fasano got his head taking off every body would be in an up roar over that. and i agree henne has alot of issues, and i have not once said henne is the guy to take us to the superbowl. ive only took up for him this one play, but i will stand by who ever is the qb bc im a fan of the team. im not going to hope he sucks. i love the team and want to see them win period