For those wondering.. Chads preseason stats last year compared to this year (so far) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those wondering.. Chads preseason stats last year compared to this year (so far)

You get an 83.9 for the first game if you don't count the first interception which was 100% on Fasano. CKs stat is correct if you count that interception.

So 83.9 + 87.8 averages to a 71.2 qb rating?

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Do you people not see how 83.9 + 87.8 = 171.1

171.1/2 = 85.85

How the hell do you see it any other way. Simple addition/subtraction here.

Write what you want but clearly he does not have a 71.2 QB rating like CK states.

The OP is talking about his QB Rating. And what do the stats show? He has a better QB rating so far compared to his previous PRESEASONS.

I don't get you pull a 71.2 out of...

It's simple math. Are you missing a chromosone buddy?

it's not quite as simple as adding it up and averaging it out. Henne had a ridiculously high TD percentage in week 1 to go along with a high YPA. that lead to a good rating, despite two INT's. in week 2, Henne had no INT's and a solid completion percentage. each game by itself not bad, but if you calculate the rating for both performanced combined, the TD percentage goes down, the completion percentage goes down and the INT percentage still isn't very good.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

171.1/2 = 85.85

Write what you want but clearly he does not have a 71.2 QB rating like CK states.

The OP is talking about his QB Rating. And what do the stats show? He has a better QB rating so far compared to his previous PRESEASONS.

That's not how it works. Put all of his stats into one calculation and it's a 71.2. While each individual game is better than last year the overall performance is the same. I guess.

It's freaking pre season !!!!!!!!

Until this guy shows he can play on a consistent level when it counts its all garbage.

All I am talking about is the QB rating. ONLY QB RATING

It's not a great rating to begin with because of all the factors involved (and how it is exactly calculated) but this is something as simple as what his QB rating is and has been in the preseason.

He has averaged out in the low 70's his first two preseasons.

Regardless of what his stats were in every category a QB gets the QB rating applied EVERY game. So something like this, where I am just tlaking about QB rating, he has one for game 1 and game 2 of the preseason.

Like it or not that is his QB rating to that scale. I'm not saying it is an effective or accurate way to see a QB and his skill, its just numbers.

And when people on here completely botch the simple numbers (QB rating from game 1 + game 2 = total qb rating for 2 games) then state that he has regressed completely is insane.

His QB rating has improved. That is it. It is a statistic every QB gets for every performance. He has had 2 games. 2 ratings. Combine them and that his QB RATING FOR THE 2011 NFL PRESEASON.

I don't see how this is a hard concept to grasp.

whatever you say, sunshine.

171.1/2 = 85.85

Sorry, but you are not correct.

http://www.nfl.com/player/chadhenne/252/gamelogs

TOTAL 2 2 19 32 59.4 271 8.5 1 2 0 0 71.2 3 30 10.0 0 0 0

Passer ratings are always combined. The NFL endorses this by releasing full season passer ratings, as does every other statistics service associated with the NFL. When they do passer ratings for any period of time, the passing statistics are combined and then formed into a passer rating.

Look up any NFL QB Rating calculator on the internet that you want, there's a good one at www.primecomputing.com, and plug in 19 of 32 for 271 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs. That is a 71.2 QB Rating.

Of the people that have commented in this thread, carjackistan seems to have the firmest grasp (or at the very least the most detailed explanation) on mathematically why the 71.2 QB Rating is so far off from the individual game ratings.

Good Lord some people have 0 common sense. Henne has proven to suck for years in games that actually count. Until he shows that he can be a good QB in real games than he still sucks and has proven nothing. If you disagree than you are wrong and don't understand football. Period. End of story.

Good Lord some people have 0 common sense. Henne has proven to suck for years in games that actually count. Until he shows that he can be a good QB in real games than he still sucks and has proven nothing. If you disagree than you are wrong and don't understand football. Period. End of story.

Whatever you say smart guy!

Man, the madness continues. Rating is completely irrelevant right now. There's some specifics improvements we are looking for. Decisiveness, Play recognition, pocket presence, throwing on the run, ability to audible, becoming a leader. Etc. Chad Henne is going to be playing in only his 3rd season. Quarterbacks get better all the time.

damn, henne looked good the other night!!! hittin reggie in full stride is gold! henne gonna piss some people off this year, in a good way.

171.1/2 = 85.85

You cleary have no idea how the QB rating system works . . .

Let's get off preseason qb ratings for a minute. Has anybody else noticed that Henne seems to look more comfortable in the pocket and is making quicker decisions? I think he will always be a qb that makes that bad decision or two during games but so have many other starting qb's not named Brady or Manning. Thats the first thing i've noticed in the first 2 games is that he seems to have more pocket awareness and able to escape out of the pocket when previous years he didn't.

Back
Top Bottom