For those wondering.. Chads preseason stats last year compared to this year (so far) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those wondering.. Chads preseason stats last year compared to this year (so far)

i can tell you dont coach. you dont place the ball where the wr will get killed. if he threw the ball in front of him there was a defensive player right there that would have took fasanos head off.

There were new rules last year protecting defenseless WR's. Also, you might lead Fasano into a big hit, but you risk interceptions throwing it behind him in between two DB's, so how about not throwing it to that receiver at all? Good QB's wont force that throw. If you watch the play again, there were 2 open receivers at the time Henne threw that ball, both of which he never even looked at. I think they were much better options than Fasano.

And just FYI - the QB rating system is weighted heavily on attempts, and Henne's high TD per attempt ratio in the first game inflates his rating. Its a non-linear equation. When merging the games it changes his TD's per attempt and its doesnt weigh as much on his score.

CK gives his well founded perspective on something with an opinion that he's formed from it and a pack of you jump on him in the name of blind homerism. Why wouldn't you include that first pick when you're comparing it to previous years? Receiver error has always been a part of a QB's INT statistics. Luck, good or bad, is a factor and in statistics usually evens out or becomes marginal. That out to Thomas last game could very easily have been a pick six. The Henne jockers on this site are an absolute joke and though I was happy to see people feeling good after a preseason win, the level of insane, delusional homerism that's come up from beating the worst team in the league in a preseason game has gotten absolutely embarrassing.

Can we say passer rating when talking about the old stat please as that is what it is?

And just FYI - the QB rating system is weighted heavily on attempts, and Henne's high TD per attempt ratio in the first game inflates his rating. Its a non-linear equation. When merging the games it changes his TD's per attempt and its doesnt weigh as much on his score.
so instead of merging his stats from both games, would it be more fair to judge his performances seperately?

The Dolphins were schooled by the Falcons starters. Henne threw 2 INTs. The long TD came late. Then, the Dolphins dominated the Panthers starters. Henne looked better, but was still missing important throws. It looks to me like Henne has improved slightly. But will that be enough? Probably not.

the falcons schooled the dolphins first string starters once on offense... and once on defense... the falcons schooled the dolphins once against their second string... the second touchdown by icey happened against our second string... as did hennes touchdown against the falcons! icey looked horrible against our starting defense

There were new rules last year protecting defenseless WR's. Also, you might lead Fasano into a big hit, but you risk interceptions throwing it behind him in between two DB's, so how about not throwing it to that receiver at all? Good QB's wont force that throw. If you watch the play again, there were 2 open receivers at the time Henne threw that ball, both of which he never even looked at. I think they were much better options than Fasano.

and i agree with you. he should have thrown it to another wr. im just saying that the ball placement was probly the best for the situation.

CK gives his well founded perspective on something with an opinion that he's formed from it and a pack of you jump on him in the name of blind homerism. Why wouldn't you include that first pick when you're comparing it to previous years? Receiver error has always been a part of a QB's INT statistics. Luck, good or bad, is a factor and in statistics usually evens out or becomes marginal. That out to Thomas last game could very easily have been a pick six. The Henne jockers on this site are an absolute joke and though I was happy to see people feeling good after a preseason win, the level of insane, delusional homerism that's come up from beating the worst team in the league in a preseason game has gotten absolutely embarrassing.

i love the team regardless who is the qb so call me a homer all you want. but ck is blinded bc of his dislike for the guy, so he is gonna take good things he did and spin them to make them bad. just like when he was on his mallet kick, he was doing the same thing (which i agreed with him on). but when you start making **** up to make your point is retarded. we all know henne is a elite qb, but we root for who ever is under center. and calling yourself a fan of the team is a joke. you dont have to like everyone on the team, but guess what get over bc you or me or anyone else on this forum can control a damn thing that happens personel wise.

he's making the point that henne led two touchdown drives, and that if you were to factor in two pass tds instead of two rush tds, hennes QBR goes through the roof.

Ok, gotcha.. But we can do what ifs about any play, at anytime. What ifs dont match what really happened. But I get the point.

I guess the bottom line for me on Henne is this...And I think it is something we as DOLPHINS FANS should all agree on...Some here like him and think he will be a good QB, and some here think he is a poor QB...BUT...as of right now he is OUR starting quarterback, and like him or not, as long as he is in a Dolphins uniform I am going too root like hell for him to play good and help this team win.

Now despite that, I am not saying he doesn't need to be held accountable for the quality of his play. If it is poor, then he deserves to be called out on it here, and if he plays well that deserves acknowledgment here as well. However, come Sunday everyone here should be rooting for him to play well (I would hope).

so instead of merging his stats from both games, would it be more fair to judge his performances seperately?

Thats assuming I judge by stats, which I dont. If I did however, I think its fair to say that both methods - seperate games stats gives a QB rating of 82, and merging games stats gives a QB rating of 72 - show that he has played poorly overall.

The QB rating doesn't really work with only a half of play to count......but clearly Henne has a poor rating over any sustained length of time.....which is what matters in this league.

once they finally make a helmet to fit his head he'll be the best qb since marino

The stat I like most on Henne's performance against Carolina is his YPA was just over 8.0. That needs to stay in at least the low 7s for the season.

Back
Top Bottom