For those wondering.. Chads preseason stats last year compared to this year (so far) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those wondering.. Chads preseason stats last year compared to this year (so far)

I have two reasons why I wouldn't take that interception away from Henne:

1. He contributed to the poor result by throwing a poorly placed ball
2. You'd have to go run through every QB that has ever played and similarly take out any interception you don't deem to be their fault, either

I don't really have time to go through with #2 and so I'd just assume let the stats fall where they fall, under the premise that 'bad luck', TRUE bad luck, falls evenly in the long run. For instance, that ball Henne threw to Daniel Thomas in the 2nd quarter of the Panthers game, where he threw really late on the wheel into a short cover two zone...that should have been a pick-6 if that corner had played it right. It wasn't. So, Henne had some bad luck on the Fasano pick, but some good luck on that non-pick...it evens out.

The issue with people blaming him for Fasano's drop or his 2nd INT, are so quick to knock him for actually completing a deep bomb to hartline for a TD. "Oh thats because it was blown coverage!" well apparently theres blown coverage every game, Henne just never hits the OPEN WR downfield.

I have two reasons why I wouldn't take that interception away from Henne:

1. He contributed to the poor result by throwing a poorly placed ball
2. You'd have to go run through every QB that has ever played and similarly take out any interception you don't deem to be their fault, either

I don't really have time to go through with #2 and so I'd just assume let the stats fall where they fall, under the premise that 'bad luck', TRUE bad luck, falls evenly in the long run. For instance, that ball Henne threw to Daniel Thomas in the 2nd quarter of the Panthers game, where he threw really late on the wheel into a short cover two zone...that should have been a pick-6 if that corner had played it right. It wasn't. So, Henne had some bad luck on the Fasano pick, but some good luck on that non-pick...it evens out.

i can tell you dont coach. you dont place the ball where the wr will get killed. if he threw the ball in front of him there was a defensive player right there that would have took fasanos head off.
i use to have so much respect for you, but you are def wrong in this case. just bc you dont like someone you dont make **** up

People really don't the like the idea of Henne having a good game. Even the smartest people here are making **** up to prove their point. :lol:

How do you get 71.2 QB rating from 83.9 + 87.8?

Hating on Henne a bit much or just posting nonsense?

Ask the NFL, because that is his QBR for this years preseason as per NFL.com.. Yourself as well as those who thanked you, Big Fail

i can tell you dont coach. you dont place the ball where the wr will get killed. if he threw the ball in front of him there was a defensive player right there that would have took fasanos head off.
i use to have so much respect for you, but you are def wrong in this case. just bc you dont like someone you dont make **** up

I can tell you didnt watch some of Henne to Hartline and Bess last year, because Henne got Hartline killed twice, actually took Hartline out of a game, and almost got Bess killed last year on multiple occasions.

You can look at stats, but the difference is its a new offense. Especially the offense that henne have a good chance of doing good in. Imagine if henne had daboll spread offense when he got into the league instead of hennings. I think he would learn more and be a better qb he is now. Thats just what i think because hes a gunslinger. Im rooting for henne. Hes the qb weve been waiting for.

it's not quite as simple as adding it up and averaging it out. Henne had a ridiculously high TD percentage in week 1 to go along with a high YPA. that lead to a good rating, despite two INT's. in week 2, Henne had no INT's and a solid completion percentage. each game by itself not bad, but if you calculate the rating for both performanced combined, the TD percentage goes down, the completion percentage goes down and the INT percentage still isn't very good.

Yet some of the same "Orton is the answer" detractors who love to point stuff like this out, choose to ignore Orton's sub 61 2010 4thQtr and career 3rd down QBRs citing an overall deceptively respectable rating mostly amassed when it didn't count or there was no pressure. Go know :idk: I don't think a QB has had any more pressure on him than Henne did last Friday nite.. and all things considered, he acquitted himself pretty damn admirably.

Last year after our second pre season game Henne had just beat Jax with 11 / 13 160 yards and 2 TD's. We all thought we had found our QB.

Needless to say after last season's fizzle at the end it will probably take several more consistant showings for everyone to buy back in to that.

This was a good start.

Go Chad ....... your all we got so show us.

I can tell you didnt watch some of Henne to Hartline and Bess last year, because Henne got Hartline killed twice, actually took Hartline out of a game, and almost got Bess killed last year on multiple occasions.
are we talking about last year? we are talking about the fasano int. henne put it in the best possible place so the te didnt get killed. it hit him in the hands and he dropped it. it was a bad situation no matter what. if he would have lead fasano and fasano got his head taking off every body would be in an up roar over that. and i agree henne has alot of issues, and i have not once said henne is the guy to take us to the superbowl. ive only took up for him this one play, but i will stand by who ever is the qb bc im a fan of the team. im not going to hope he sucks. i love the team and want to see them win period

bottom line. 1st game bland O with no game plan
2nd game with game plan and star players.

I think people should use some common sense here and say that the real O that you will see more likely, granted vs. tougher opponents in opener, is the carolina game.

Henne still has bad ratings overall because he did not score any TD's. They let the RB's score. There was no need to show off our goaline special pass plays and we were checking out our Oline at goaline as to getting it in with straight up blocking.

These ratings done mean squat and the past is the past. Henning is gone. look to the future. If you dont like henne, stay home and leave the beautiful bouncing gals to us at the stadium!

damn wish i lived in s. florida during season. some day i will retire.

The Dolphins were schooled by the Falcons starters. Henne threw 2 INTs. The long TD came late. Then, the Dolphins dominated the Panthers starters. Henne looked better, but was still missing important throws. It looks to me like Henne has improved slightly. But will that be enough? Probably not.

bottom line. 1st game bland O with no game plan
2nd game with game plan and star players.

I think people should use some common sense here and say that the real O that you will see more likely, granted vs. tougher opponents in opener, is the carolina game.

Henne still has bad ratings overall because he did not score any TD's. They let the RB's score. There was no need to show off our goaline special pass plays and we were checking out our Oline at goaline as to getting it in with straight up blocking.

These ratings done mean squat and the past is the past. Henning is gone. look to the future. If you dont like henne, stay home and leave the beautiful bouncing gals to us at the stadium!

damn wish i lived in s. florida during season. some day i will retire.

You want to believe the blame game where we blame everything on one person. Make Henning the scapegoat for all the problems. I don't believe that at all. Henning was a burden to the offense last season. Sure. But Henne is still Henne. The Falcons are a playoff contending team and they schooled Miami in the first preseason game. The starters did. The Panthers were the worst team in the NFL last season and are not contenders. Miami dominated them. Just based on that, I'd say Miami is still a middle of the road team in the NFL. Somewhere right around 8 - 8.

In other QB Rating news, Brady Quinn has a 96 QB Rating and our very own Matt Moore has a 90. We should start Moore and trade for Quinn.. oh wait, its preseason.

You want to believe the blame game where we blame everything on one person. Make Henning the scapegoat for all the problems. I don't believe that at all. Henning was a burden to the offense last season. Sure. But Henne is still Henne. The Falcons are a playoff contending team and they schooled Miami in the first preseason game. The starters did. The Panthers were the worst team in the NFL last season and are not contenders. Miami dominated them. Just based on that, I'd say Miami is still a middle of the road team in the NFL. Somewhere right around 8 - 8.

okie dokie then. your right. im wrong. but i will tell you this right now and you better remember this reverand.

I have faith in chad henne because i know that henning was a complete dinosaur OC last year trying to keep the wildcat alive for Lee and keeping henne on a leash.

You run with your faith, I will run with mine. I believe people can change. dont you reverand?

Back
Top Bottom