Forget #2, Who's #1? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forget #2, Who's #1?

Boise State deserves to be number 2. So I won't forget about it. :tongue:

Jim Walden, my voting hero!!! (he has got it right by the way but UF will prove that in Jan.......dont tell OSU they might prepare for us or something).

Stitches said:
Boise State deserves to be number 2. So I won't forget about it. :tongue:

come on, play some real top 25 schools and then come talk

Timmy54 said:
come on, play some real top 25 schools and then come talk

I never said florida wasn't worthy of number 1. And Boise State isn't completely responsible for thier schedule.

Stitches said:
I never said florida wasn't worthy of number 1. And Boise State isn't completely responsible for thier schedule.

actually they do get to schedule their out of conference games, you can not tell me nobody would play them. heck, fly on down to the swamp next season and urban will put a boot in your butt for ya.

Timmy54 said:
actually they do get to schedule their out of conference games, you can not tell me nobody would play them. heck, fly on down to the swamp next season and urban will put a boot in your butt for ya.

Actually a team can't just call up another, and say "hey, we're playing you next season." Both sides have to agree to it, and you think a major school like florida(who aready plays in the toughest conference) wants to chance having a loss against a mid-major like Boise State? I mean it's because of people's perception(like yours) that view thier team(BSU's) as being so weak, that a loss to them would seem simply devastating(especially for a team who yearly has NC aspirations). Of course if they did win, I bet you guys would be quick to admit how you lost to a strong football team, and how they played thier hearts out, and blah blah blah.

oh there is no doubt that teams are dodging boise state. but some of that is their fault. On the broadcast last weekend, they said that they were in talks with Oregon or somebody like that and the talks fell apart because the boise state athletic director is determined to play a home and home. He is not going to force a big named school into his house till he proves his school can do it on the road. Marshall was big for a while and still played all their bigger named schools on the road.

Stitches said:
Actually a team can't just call up another, and say "hey, we're playing you next season." Both sides have to agree to it, and you think a major school like florida(who aready plays in the toughest conference) wants to chance having a loss against a mid-major like Boise State? I mean it's because of people's perception(like yours) that view thier team(BSU's) as being so weak, that a loss to them would seem simply devastating(especially for a team who yearly has NC aspirations). Of course if they did win, I bet you guys would be quick to admit how you lost to a strong football team, and how they played thier hearts out, and blah blah blah.
Honestly, I can say I have been one to say their schedule is weak. The more I think about it, sadly it is bc of the media talk. I don't think I actually saw one game from the WAC this year...

They (WAC teams) did get invited to what 4 bowls? As long as they have a decent showing in those games, it should quiet some criticism (admittedly not all).

Back
Top Bottom