Forget #2, Who's #1? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forget #2, Who's #1?

A little off topic, but even if Ohio State blows out Florida (which aint happening), Florida will be #1 next season IMO. Y'all have a lot to look up to.

HysterikiLL said:
A little off topic, but even if Ohio State blows out Florida (which aint happening), Florida will be #1 next season IMO. Y'all have a lot to look up to.

:yes:

Next couple years should be very good for the Gators. Hopefully we start another SEC title reign like Spurrier did in the 90's.

I'll tell you who I think is #1 at around midnight on January 9. :tongue:

At this point Urban Meyer's momma can cast a vote for Ohio State and Jim Tressel's dog (if he even has one) can put his paw print next to Florida. They'll be facing each other soon enough.

For the record, though, I do think Florida is the better team and will win this one. As an LSU alum, gutting out the SEC counts for a lot to me!

I lot of people are freaking out about Walden's vote but nobody is mentioning that two voters had Florida ranked #5. One had Boise State at #2 and one mega idiot had Ohio State, Michigan, and Wisconsin as #1, #2, and #3 (with Louisville at #4 just to make sure Florida got screwed a little more)!

See it all right here (need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view):

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/news/newsletters/bcsnews/HICFP_Individual_Rankings_Dec_3_2006.pdf

It is just one man's opinion!

We'll see what OSU can do with 7 weeks to prepare for Florida.

HysterikiLL said:

Having watched both teams all season I can easily say you are in fanatsy land.Ohio State has NO weaknesses and can play smash mouth football or turn up the heat and score on ANYBODY.
Florida is having a good year,BUT they have not played ANYBODY with the weapons Ohio State has.I am not a fan of either team and am just posting what I have seen all year.

brilon1 said:
Having watched both teams all season I can easily say you are in fanatsy land.Ohio State has NO weaknesses and can play smash mouth football or turn up the heat and score on ANYBODY.
Florida is having a good year,BUT they have not played ANYBODY with the weapons Ohio State has.I am not a fan of either team and am just posting what I have seen all year.

:koolbang:

Someone's been drinking that Ohio State Kool-Aid.

brilon1 said:

:sidelol: :sidelol: Tell Michigan and Illinois that...

brilon1 said:

:hmmm: You do realize that I was talking about next year don't you? Next year they'll be without Smith and possibly Ginn. They do have a good running game, but Florida return a boatload of studs and Tebow, Harvin, that stud LB, will sit favorably with the voters come time to rank teams. Ohio State will probably be up there though.

oihO St is #1 for the simple fact (and difficult task) that they went undefeated. (Yes I know I just opened the door for Boise St, but lets keep it real)Winning every game throughout the season means you have imposed your will on every team you faced. ohiO is deserving of the #1 ranking. Moving Florida to #1 would be injustice to Michigan, Wisconsin, and Louisville, and vise versa. Arguements range from conference stength, to schedule strength and to whatever else the one loss teams can throw up. Truth is, the other teams were losers at one point this season and that cannot be said about oihO St.

Why don't you do a little research and see, exactly, what Walden knows about winning and talent when it comes to football.....

You Florida fans are really grabbing at anything.... so what if its a geriatric guy who hasn't coached in year, who when he did coach twice as much as he won.....

Nice.

Keep hoping and wishing that your team is gonna look respectable, because you know deep down that you're gonna get embarassed.

HysterikiLL said:
:hmmm: You do realize that I was talking about next year don't you? Next year they'll be without Smith and possibly Ginn. They do have a good running game, but Florida return a boatload of studs and Tebow, Harvin, that stud LB, will sit favorably with the voters come time to rank teams. Ohio State will probably be up there though.

How, exactly, is Tebow a "stud"

He made some plays a few time..... half his stats came against a nobody.

Michigan is the team to beat next year.

UF Fin Kat said:
well, if you actually WATCHED tebow play, you'd see why he's a stud.

I like Tebow... I think he's a way better football player than Leak. Tebow, over the next 2 years...IMO.... will be a sweet QB to watch, and give Floridas offense a dangerous weapon.

That said....what has he done yet....what has he shown as far as consistancy and decision making from the QB position...?..He's come in in spot duty, and had a lights out game against a nobody... While I anticipate him being sweet nothing is a guarantee. I'm not labeling

he's done nothing but play well in every single game. and with the toughest schedule in the nation. he hasn't thrown the ball much, but when he has, it was good..

Back
Top Bottom