minnesota
purdue
illinois
pennstate
iowa
buffalo

WOW, their wins were ****. :lol:

challenging out of conference teams (in bold) :sidelol:

best team not in the BCS...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

btw, i can't even answer your question. :lol:

That's the arguement right and as an SEC fan i'm assuming you're going to stick up for your conference but the other team that played in the SEC Championship got ran off the field by a 2 loss USC team. Really how good is the SEC if a team that played in the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP couldn't stay within 30 of USC? I wouldn't categorize Florida's out of conference schedule as difficult though you'll say their in conference schedule was tough. Wisconsin has one loss to possibly the 2nd best team in the country is that really a bad loss?

djfresh47 said:
That's the arguement right and as an SEC fan i'm assuming you're going to stick up for your conference but the other team that played in the SEC Championship got ran off the field by a 2 loss USC team. Really how good is the SEC if a team that played in the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP couldn't stay within 30 of USC? I wouldn't categorize Florida's out of conference schedule as difficult though you'll say their in conference schedule was tough. Wisconsin has one loss to possibly the 2nd best team in the country is that really a bad loss?

It certainly wasn't a bad loss. The question, however, was what was their best win. I notice that you didn't respond to it, probably because the answer is embarassing.

Some facts on the USC - Arkansas game:
1) It was the Arkansas' Offensive coordinator's 1st game at the collegiate level.
2) Mcfadden was hurt, and he is their entire team pretty much.
3) The QB who started that game for Arkansas is now 4th string on their depth chart.

Regardless, it shouldn't be shocking that the best team in the Pac-10 beat the #3 team in the SEC (behind UF and LSU). What about when the #5 team in the SEC (Tennessee) pounded the #2 team in the Pac-10 (Cal)?

Crowder52 said:
It certainly wasn't a bad loss. The question, however, was what was their best win. I notice that you didn't respond to it, probably because the answer is embarassing.

Some facts on the USC - Arkansas game:
1) It was the Arkansas' Offensive coordinator's 1st game at the collegiate level.
2) Mcfadden was hurt, and he is their entire team pretty much.
3) The QB who started that game for Arkansas is now 4th string on their depth chart.

Regardless, it shouldn't be shocking that the best team in the Pac-10 beat the #3 team in the SEC (behind UF and LSU). What about when the #5 team in the SEC (Tennessee) pounded the #2 team in the Pac-10 (Cal)?

I never said the SEC didn't have good teams. I said they don't have teams at the top as good. I don't think it matters who Arkansas has at Qb. The SEC has the most depth and it was a down year for basically every conference IMO aside from the Big 11 and the SEC. To my point that Wisconsin is the best team not in a BCS game every poll shows it along with the BCS. The reason they're not in the BCS is because their is a 2-team limit per conference.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls

djfresh47 said:
I never said the SEC didn't have good teams. I said they don't have teams at the top as good. I don't think it matters who Arkansas has at Qb. The SEC has the most depth and it was a down year for basically every conference IMO aside from the Big 11 and the SEC. To my point that Wisconsin is the best team not in a BCS game every poll shows it along with the BCS. The reason they're not in the BCS is because their is a 2-team limit per conference.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls

The SEC has the #2 and #4 team in the BCS, not sure how that isn't strong at the top. I'm going to ask one more time...what was Wisconsin's best win?

You claim that they are the best team not in the BCS, and I am asking for one reason to support your claim. Who did they beat to make you think they are so good? I know what the polls say *yawn*, but I want to hear you make a good argument.

Crowder52 said:
The SEC has the #2 and #4 team in the BCS, not sure how that isn't strong at the top. I'm going to ask one more time...what was Wisconsin's best win?

You claim that they are the best team not in the BCS, and I am asking for one reason to support your claim. Who did they beat to make you think they are so good? I know what the polls say *yawn*, but I want to hear you make a good argument.

Penn St. They played a cupcake out of conference schedule but Florida didn't? Florida State had an awful year but that can't be predicted but that doesn't matter. If you disagree that Wisconsin is not the best team not in the BCS tell me somebody? I don't think Florida is close to being as good as Michigain but i'm not really interested in seeing a rematch. What was Notre Dame's best win or Boise St? I couldn't find all the bowl records from the last few years but it's not like the SEC is killing teams in bowl games.

djfresh47 said:
Penn St. They played a cupcake out of conference schedule but Florida didn't? Florida State had an awful year but that can't be predicted but that doesn't matter. If you disagree that Wisconsin is not the best team not in the BCS tell me somebody? I don't think Florida is close to being as good as Michigain but i'm not really interested in seeing a rematch. What was Notre Dame's best win or Boise St? I couldn't find all the bowl records from the last few years but it's not like the SEC is killing teams in bowl games.

Penn State, nice. They aren't even ranked in the BCS top 25.

I'm not debating Wisconsin's schedule vs. UF's, nor do you want me to, as it will get pretty ugly in a hurry. I'm not sure why you brought that up.

Who's more deserving? Certainly Auburn. They beat two of the top 4 BCS teams this year. And bowl games are a terrible way to measure conferences against each other usually. You just don't know who will show up to play and who won't.

Case in point: Auburn. Most would agree that they are a much better team than Nebraska. But I predict them to lose that bowl game. Why? Because they don't care about playing some mediocre team after they were within a game or two from playing for the national title. If they come out unmotivated and get beat, that doesn't make the SEC any worse.

Top to bottom the SEC is probably the toughest conference this year. It just seems like the SEC fans give no respect to any other conference.

Stacks said:
Top to bottom the SEC is probably the toughest conference this year. It just seems like the SEC fans give no respect to any other conference.
There may be a few who do, but for the most part I don't think thats the case. If anything its them defending the conference because there are so many on here that bash the SEC and expect them to have a top notch OOC schedule to go along with the SEC schedule.

The Big Ten is a very good conference. ACC usually is solid, just having a down year. Pac 10 varies year to year with USC being the only heavyweight usually. Big East is definitely establishing itself.

Of course everyone is gonna defend their team's conference but all bias aside you have to admit the SEC is tough.

Motion said:
There may be a few who do, but for the most part I don't think thats the case. If anything its them defending the conference because there are so many on here that bash the SEC and expect them to have a top notch OOC schedule to go along with the SEC schedule.

The Big Ten is a very good conference. ACC usually is solid, just having a down year. Pac 10 varies year to year with USC being the only heavyweight usually. Big East is definitely establishing itself.

Of course everyone is gonna defend their team's conference but all bias aside you have to admit the SEC is tough.

:yes:

Florida can be #1 all they have to do is beat Ohio State.

Gamble said:
Florida can be #1 all they have to do is beat Ohio State.

You missed the entire point of this thread. There has been comotion made by some out there who truly believe that Florida does not deserve to play in the National Title game. Namely, Michigan fans and some Big-10 fans. This thread was aimed at silencing that crowd while showing the reality of the situation that Florida actually has a small argument over who deserves to be #1 in the country going into the Nationa Championship. It is not because it matters who is number 1 going in, but that we are truly going to have the best 2 teams in the nation battling it out for the title.

Phinz420 said:
showing the reality of the situation that Florida actually has a small argument over who deserves to be #1 in the country going into the Nationa Championship.

There is not an argument that can be made that would end in Florida being number 1 in the nation......

Ohio State was #1 in the nation from the outset of the season, has played and defeated the #2 team in the nation twice, once on the road, on the way to going undefeated.....

Some team that backed into the national championship game because of a huge upset in the final week of the season that already lost a game doesn't have a leg to stand on in that conversation.

TroySmith10 said:
There is not an argument that can be made that would end in Florida being number 1 in the nation......

Ohio State was #1 in the nation from the outset of the season, has played and defeated the #2 team in the nation twice, once on the road, on the way to going undefeated.....

Some team that backed into the national championship game because of a huge upset in the final week of the season that already lost a game doesn't have a leg to stand on in that conversation.
Once again, nobody would expect the undefeated, media darling team to fall to a team with one loss. But aparently, you chose not to read the article(or even the quote from the OP) on page 1 of this thread. Its for purpose of argument, not litigation.

Ohio State is one of the weakest No. 1 teams in 25 years. Look at who they played. They played one of the softest schedules of any No. 1 team in memory. They had all summer to get ready for Texas. Then they had 11 weeks to get ready for Michigan.
Do you dispute this?

Phinz420 said:
Once again, nobody would expect the undefeated, media darling team to fall to a team with one loss. But aparently, you chose not to read the article(or even the quote from the OP) on page 1 of this thread. Its for purpose of argument, not litigation.

Do you dispute this?

Absolutely I dispute it.

The guy who said that is a nobody.

Back
Top Bottom