Forget #2, Who's #1? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forget #2, Who's #1?

TroySmith10 said:
Ah yes.... Playing the #2 team three times in a season, including the defending national champions on the road, the #12 team on the road....so easy.

Did you ever think our strength of schedule took a hit because we kicked everyones *** along the way.

But believe what you want....because its a 100% lock that Ohio State is going to beat Florida...badly.

Texas shouldn't have been ranked number 2 at that point, and the way they closed the season, showed what type of team they were. And who's the #12 team? Iowa. Yea, they're not good this year, at all.

Phinz420 said:
"They played one of the softest schedules of any No. 1 team in memory."

I would love to see this disputed instead of just thrown out the window.

Im sure the reason you are scared to delve into reality here is because you know as well as the rest of us, that the schedule OSU played this year was a crock at best.

:sidelol: :sidelol: ...man some people will hold on and grasp to anything they can no matter how foolish it is!!

If you beat the #2 team 3 times in a season your road was tough...bottom line.

DBoston80 said:
:sidelol: :sidelol: ...man some people will hold on and grasp to anything they can no matter how foolish it is!!

If you beat the #2 team 3 times in a season your road was tough...bottom line.

Where are these 3 #2 teams?

(And Texas did not deserve thier #2 rank at all.)

Stitches said:

:yeahthat:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Stitches said:

If we win JAN 8th that will be 3 #2 teams we beat.......

By the way the irony is just great how you and Florida fans are claiming a team(Texas) is/was undeserving of the #2 ranking......Classic!!:lol:

DBoston80 said:
If we win JAN 8th that will be 3 #2 teams we beat.......

By the way the irony is just great how you and Florida fans are claiming a team(Texas) is/was undeserving of the #2 ranking......Classic!!:lol:

Seeing as how the only person that made that comment isn't even a Florida fan and the fact that the way they finished the season there is some credit to that claim is even more classic!! :lol:

Motion said:
Seeing as how the only person that made that comment isn't even a Florida fan and the fact that the way they finished the season there is some credit to that claim is even more classic!! :lol:

Calm down...not every team is better with their backup QB like Florida.....I have a feeling with a healthy Mccoy Texas would only have 2 losses if that.

DBoston80 said:
Calm down...not every team is better with their backup QB like Florida.....I have a feeling with a healthy Mccoy Texas would only have 2 losses if that.
Calm down? Who's excited?

I just like to comment on your typical blanket statements. :wink:

DBoston80 said:

Ok 2 losses? That's still a team not worthy of being in the top 10 IMO. They didn't even win thier conference. You're trying to tell me another team that couldn't win it's conference AND would have two losses was deserving of the #2 rank in the country?

And backup QB or not, no team that should be ranked so high should be so dependent on the health of a single player. Boise State still won without Ian Johnson, Oklahoma won without Peterson, Michigan won without manningham, Louisville won without Brohm, and WV without White. Those are just a few. As a team, you can't be so dependent on one player, let alone a freshman.

Stitches said:
Ok 2 losses? That's still a team not worthy of being in the top 10 IMO. They didn't even win thier conference. You're trying to tell me another team that couldn't win it's conference AND would have two losses was deserving of the #2 rank in the country?

And backup QB or not, no team that should be ranked so high should be so dependent on the health of a single player. Boise State still won without Ian Johnson, Oklahoma won without Peterson, Michigan won without manningham, Louisville won without Brohm, and WV without White. Those are just a few. As a team, you can't be so dependent on one player, let alone a freshman.

They were voted #2 by the same system that has placed Florida #2 today...

Basically YOUR opinion of who shoulda been #2 after 2weeks into the season is irrelevant to me, we've beat 2 #2's and soon to be 3.

Motion said:
Calm down? Who's excited?

I just like to comment on your typical blanket statements. :wink:

Ok tell me what your not comprehending and I'll break it down for you.

DBoston80 said:

Basically YOUR opinion of who shoulda been #2 after 2weeks into the season is irrelevant to me, we've beat 2 #2's and soon to be 3.

No one deserves to be #2 at week 2 of the season, that is my point. Texas played a nobody in week one, and it showed in week 2 how good they really were.

DBoston80 said:

You really know your stuff.

The BCS rankings don't start til week 8.

DBoston80 said:
Ok tell me what your not comprehending and I'll break it down for you.

:lol: WTF are you talking about?

There is nothing to break down.

Back
Top Bottom