Foster not invited to the draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Foster not invited to the draft

Players from the 60's, 70's and even the 80's played with plenty of emotion without acting like jerks every time they got a 1st down

Ozzy rules!!

They didnt have the same viewership either... Apples to oranges... If twitter would have existed back then, well... lets not open that can of worms...

They didnt have the same viewership either... Apples to oranges... If twitter would have existed back then, well... lets not open that can of worms...

I guess I'm a little old fashion as I'm older. I have no problem with players jumping up and down as long as is not rehearsed ahead of time. Every time a guy gets a sack they go do something stupid. How would you feel if every time a guy doesn't get a sack the OT would start doing some dance? Act like you've been there before. Have fun but don't act as if you did something that's never been done before

Ozzy rules!!

I guess I'm a little old fashion as I'm older. I have no problem with players jumping up and down as long as is not rehearsed ahead of time. Every time a guy gets a sack they go do something stupid. How would you feel if every time a guy doesn't get a sack the OT would start doing some dance? Act like you've been there before. Have fun but don't act as if you did something that's never been done before

Ozzy rules!!

Oh I completely agree! Im just saying that we are living in a different era completely.... FA and sponsorship combined with social media has tilted the professional athletes priorities towards personal brands instead of the team mentality. I dont blame them as the owners have tilted the sport into a business. It's unfair to compare them against each other with such a different environement IMO.

Ozzy rules!!

Last week, Bokamper said on HCK's show that most of the Dolphins, when he played, used to be able to take drug tests alone in the bathroom. If they did drugs, the attendant (who was always clean) would pee for them to avoid a dirty sample. His signing bonus was also 36k and he only broke 100k with his 1st round pay + bonus. And most players were jealous of that salary. Most Dolphins would go work jobs during the offseason, some as bank tellers.

There are very few parallels between the NFL back then and now.

Needless to say, they didn't have to worry about tests then. Kids these days are under far more scrutiny. Social media, Social Justice Warriors, and the corporate evolution of the NFL makes it far tougher for young alphas to be young alphas.

Nowadays, our society wants warriors (whether you're in the NFL or even MMA) to be held to the same standards as the dude working in a cubicle at your average sales job.

Everything has changed for sure. Some things for the better and some for the worst. I agree. Some can't even eat anymore without their cell phone in their hand(I'm not one of those). I do love that I can come here each day to talk to other fans about our team. I remember when I used to buy the herald just to read about the dolphins....lol

Ozzy rules!!

Ozzy rules!!

Sacks for defenders are as rare as TDs for the offense. I have no issues with celebrations outside of first down theatrics. It's an emotional game designed for entertainment, let them give us a show and let em have fun doing it in the process to the beat of their own drum.

Oh man they're cracking down so hard. He doesn't get to travel to New York, but still gets his money. But he lost that trip to New York man, tough blow. Why must the NFL be so cruel to to this man?

Yup. Life's a bitch then you mar....let's leave it there.

Sacks for defenders are as rare as TDs for the offense. I have no issues with celebrations outside of first down theatrics. It's an emotional game designed for entertainment, let them give us a show and let em have fun doing it in the process to the beat of their own drum.
Agreed. However, I get annoyed seeing an O run through a DE all game, yet, in the 3Q the DE gets a TFL and celebrates. Where were you all the other plays? As far as Foster, I have no idea how 32 teams will view this. Will they all take the subtle hint and pass through R1? Will they ignore it and Foster goes top 10? This draft is shaping up to be more interesting by the day.

Someone will take Foster in the first round, at a certain point his talent is just too great vs. who is potentially available to you.

It's one thing to consider him with the 9th pick, it's a completely different ball game at 22. I'd be ok with the pick of Foster at 22 but I would definitely hold my breathe for a year or two.

In the top 10 you should be able to find comparable talent with a cleaner slate than him.

There is a large ground swell of support for Foster at 14 to the Eagles with some of the local sports talk radio hosts.

Ironic that Foster and McCaffrey are the most talked about prospects for the Eagles, two completely different backgrounds.

I think it would be hilarious if Cleveland drafts Foster #1 and Goodell just gets to stand there with Browns jersey on stage by himself.

(Not a chance happening unless we all underestimate the Cleveland organization)

[video=youtube;X5hIZtUlIaY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5hIZtUlIaY[/video]

2:19 mark. Damn. When's the last time you've seen that kind of range and violent hit from an inside backer in a Dolphin uni? Been a long ass time, I know that much.

(I would give up my right nut to have a DC run 'Bama's scheme)

I love players with a "chip on their shoulder" maybe a bad choice of words but DAMN
HE'S GOING TO HAVE A BOULDER ON HIS...Hope he drops

He probably is dumb enough to stand under a boulder.

Back
Top Bottom