Fox sports does not like 2 of our FA signings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox sports does not like 2 of our FA signings

I agree with the Grove signing, but the Wilson signing looks to be a good one. I'm a big Grove doubter until he proves me otherwise.

I agree with the Grove signing, but the Wilson signing looks to be a good one. I'm a big Grove doubter until he proves me otherwise.

There is absolutely no doubt it is an upgrade talent wise, however if he can't stay on the field then that is a different story. But if Grove or if Burger starts it is still a pretty big upgrade over Satele. He really isn't a NFL starting OL man.

Well at least I can say I disagree with the entire article rather than just the part about the Fins. I pretty much disagree with every single player on his list with maybe the exception of TJ. I think Seattle may be disappointed with him.

The players I would have had on that list are Fred Taylor (too old) Joey Galloway(same), Bart Scott(product of the system) and T.O. (the obvious) Keith Brookings (washed up)

I don't understand why so many in the media hate he phins. I don't remember that being the case in the 70's,80's or 90's. I don't know when it started, I can't remember the "trigger" that started the hatred.

the "trigger" IMO is the WildCat. most people like to think we're a one-trick pony that has been figured out. i guess that's the same people who will be in for a big surprise this fall.

The players I would have had on that list are Fred Taylor (too old) Joey Galloway(same), Bart Scott(product of the system) and T.O. (the obvious) Keith Brookings (washed up)

Scott is heading back into the same system he played in at Baltimore, so that move actually makes a lot of sense IMO.

I'm not worried about Gibril Wilson. I think he'll be fine. I can understand the concerns for injury with Grove, though.

I'm a die hard Dolphins fans but I can understand why we don't get the respect that all of us feel we deserve. The Dolphins gotta be consistant before we starting getting high praise. Hopefully this year we'll shove the predictions down these "experts" throats.

The writer does not realize the negative impact Satelle had on our running game nor the positive impact that Grove will have. Instead of being met at the line of scrimage by the defenders, Ronnie is going to get 2 yards across the line before he has to make a move. We are going to have a dominant running game. Further, Jake Long seems to be driven to excel this year. He is going to be significantly better this season.

There is absolutely no doubt it is an upgrade talent wise, however if he can't stay on the field then that is a different story. But if Grove or if Burger starts it is still a pretty big upgrade over Satele. He really isn't a NFL starting OL man.

Niether is Berger. At least Satale is only on his 2nd NFL team, whereas Berger is on his third, and, his second time with us.

Grove does have durability issues and if he has an injury plagued career with Miami there are certainly those out there that have a right to say "I told you so".

But his note on Gibril Wilson doesn't make much sense. "He doesn't run well"? He's a 4.4 to 4.5 guy. He had 2 interceptions in 3 fumble recoveries while being asked to basically play a linebacker position in Oakland. He's not the most consistent guy in the world but he is a good player and Miami got him at about $5 million a year which ain't bad at all.

Wow, a lot of talking heads seem to be jumping on the Dolphin bashing bandwagon this week. Prisco writes a stupid article about how much he hates the wildcat formation. This article trying to bash two of our biggest free agent signings. That other thread about an article that says Miami is a team on the decline. ESPN earlier this week saying the Patriots are the team to beat and the Jets are a sleeper and no real mention of the defending champs.

All these talking heads(who by the way gave the Dolphins no shot last year and it came back to bite them) are just throwing fuel on the fire. The more they question and bash the Dolphins, the angrier it will make the team. If you poke a bear with a stick long enough, the bear is going to kick the crap out of you. They are just setting Miami up to destroy the competition. Having doubters is only going to make this team play harder to try and prove teams wrong.

Say it with me, 'The Dolphins control their own destiny, nobody else but them. No media, nobody here, nobody anywhere, just the Dolphins'.

Nublar7, that's a bad example. I think you only need to poke a bear once for him to kick your ***.

Maybe, but they did add some good players through free agency and trades. Ferguson, Fasano, Ayodele, Starks, Smiley, etc. Wilford obviously was a huge bust, but they have added a few key players through free agency and trades that are major contributers. I think Grove and Wilson will do just fine and I truely believe they are upgrades over Satele and Hill.

Dont forget the comeback player of the year, Chad Pennington!

Back
Top Bottom