Free agent Elvis Dumerville | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agent Elvis Dumerville

Why sacrifice draft picks to sign Dumervil when you have Wake in place?

because Dumervil is already proven, wake hasnt shown he can be a every down player, and you never know how the people you get with that pick will pan out. i really doubt that mcclain will be better than dumervil and thats probably who we will get in 1st round

Not sure if he's worth a 1st rounder. He does have 42.5 sacks in 4 years and he's young so he has upside. If he's a RFA, would he pull in a 1 and 3 if another team wanted him?
Very possible. At the very least, he'll pull in a 1st rounder. Personally, I see him getting frahnchised ,and if he were to hit the market as a RFA, I'd have to pass.

Very possible. At the very least, he'll pull in a 1st rounder. Personally, I see him getting frahnchised ,and if he were to hit the market as a RFA, I'd have to pass.

Yeah giving up a 1 and a 3 is too much unless the guy will make you a guaranteed playoff team IMO

His play was a product of his enviroment. Played great this year, but could be the type of player that had one great year and you end up over paying for in free agency.

Actually looking at his stats he's been pretty consistant, he is also a product of Miami.

His play was a product of his enviroment. Played great this year, but could be the type of player that had one great year and you end up over paying for in free agency.

Actually looking at his stats he's been pretty consistant, he is also a product of Miami.

Every other year he has gotten double digit sacks (4 years). He's a solid player I wouldn't mind having but not for too much.

. He is a James Harrison type player.

Without the tackles
2009...Dumervil....49 tackles
2009... Harrison....79 tackles

2008...Dumervil...24 tackles
2008...Harrison....101 tackles

2007...Dumervil...39 tackles
2007...Harrison....98 tackles

not quite the same type player as Harrison
but might make a good addition with Wake
if "the price is right"

Back