Free Agents Left | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agents Left

TE concerns me if Thomas doesn't stay healthy, but if he does I really like the group with Fasano being the best blocking TE in the league and Gray showing promise as an H-Back type.

Intrigued by Duarte developing as a TE coming from receiver. Hopefully he learned a lot last year. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a breakout preseason/camp.

If anything, I'll take another swing lineman or DB if a free safety springs free. I do see McDonald fitting in well as we tend to play with two safeties under often.

I think another role we're underestimating is Michael Thomas as a slot cover man, especially if Bobby McCain doesn't bring his best this season. Thomas probably wasn't in that role because of our concerns at safety last year with injuries but I'm pretty sure he's done it before, and it might be a welcomed change of pace from McCain.

"As far as Fasano, why are we so worried about whether or not he is a seam threat?"

- Because Gase's offense thrive with a TE who is a vital to the passing game and a seam threat - it's the entire reason why we traded for Thomas in the first place.

If Williams doesn't resign I can see us going after a vet RB like Charles. He would be a good change of pace from Ajayi.

Not sure what Williams is doing at this point besides protesting maybe, he signs the tender or cant play at all.

Kenyan Drake says hello.

Drake was disappointing as a receiver out of the backfield. Which was a surprise to me but hopefully he's improved.

I'm not sure I'd take a chance on Charles as it is. He's injured too much but I suppose someone will probably sign in come training camp time if someone's RB gets hurt.

First our #1 tightend is a receiver.. our number 2 is a 3rd tackle. I'd like to see us pick someone else up we can have 5 te's we had that many Running backs last year and it worked itself out.

Drake was disappointing as a receiver out of the backfield. Which was a surprise to me but hopefully he's improved.

I'm not sure I'd take a chance on Charles as it is. He's injured too much but I suppose someone will probably sign in come training camp time if someone's RB gets hurt.

Yup, my thinking is Charles phone rings as soon as a RB goes down.

Did they even really use Drake in that role enough last year to either be concerned or optimistic? He had 10 targets, caught 9 of them for 46 yards. Don't know that's enough to gauge him either way. Was there enough room on those 9 receptions for him to make more of the plays or did he miss out on some opportunities? I would need to go back and look at each of them.

Chris Grier and Stephen Ross- great job signing Eric Smith and Praise Martin-Oguike as free agents. Now go sign Ben Braden.

As the draft wraps up each year, one of the most underreported stories arises from the rampant negotiations conducted and wink-nod agreements reached between players who may not be drafted and teams that want to sign them as free agents. It’s a blatant violation of the rules that goes unenforced and essentially ignored by the league, with every team rushing to strike deals with undrafted free agents while they still may be drafted by another team.

One league source estimated that 90 percent of all UDFA deals were unofficially finalized before the 2017 draft ended. The frenzy puts extra pressure on players and agents to accept the terms or risk having teams move on to other candidates.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...agents/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo

Back
Top Bottom