Full AFC East Grades (Plus NY Giants) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Full AFC East Grades (Plus NY Giants)

so i guess ck, you are grading the trades as excellent but the picks as D's. well then, if this is what the draft is all about I say, I dont get it!

i think that your piece on ryan mallett didn't get all the dirt on the kid...that there was more going on which was my thinking pretty much all along when i kept hearing 2nd round pick despite 1st round talent...that fact that he was on the board in round 3 pretty much solidified it to me... you praise the patriots for taking the chance but lets face it the pats have a gluttony of picks and can afford to have one outright fail if that was to happen...we don't have that luxury...we got to make sound decisions...we spent plenty of time with ryan mallett and in the end decided the character and other off field concerns were too much to invest in...like the rest of the league until late round 3...you've said so yourself if you think he's a franchise qb you take him in round 1 you don't wait around...we didn't take him no one did...that says a lot to me...

i know you did a piece on the guy and all but good grief you kept telling me during the bowl game againt ohio st how much you didn't like him...how he wasn't a guy you'd take with pick #15 then you do a complete 180 and now you come off as a jilted lover with these grades...

i agree with the pouncey assessment...i've said it since day 1 you don't take interior oline in the top 20 unless you are getting hutchinson at guard or nick mangold at center...it was bad value...no matter how you slice it

Appreciate the insight. Thought I was the only one who couldn't stand the "I'll give you a 1st round pick next year for your 2nd round pick this year" philosophy.

I gave three D's to the Patriots and a D to the Bills but because I gave a D to the Dolphins oh I must be this emotional wreck that is purely upset about Ryan Mallett. LMFAO.

Yeah. Give me a break. Fanboys will be fanboys, I guess.

I'm not saying everybody should love Thomas, but I do remember you saying he is a guy we should target and he would fit, and as Hoops said up until recently you weren't exactly Mallet's biggest supporter and if I'm not mistaken did you not say in the past that this is a bad QB class?

All I'm saying is Thomas IMO is not a D-.

I gave three D's to the Patriots and a D to the Bills but because I gave a D to the Dolphins oh I must be this emotional wreck that is purely upset about Ryan Mallett. LMFAO.

All the other teams aside you definitely graded the fins with emotion. anything outside of Mallett in the first was a fail in your eyes. All of your posts make that clear.

i don't agree with thomas a d- either...i think he's a solid pick in that range but looking at the rb talent still on the board at the start of round 4 i wish we had waited til pick #79 and took the best rb on our board...oh well

i hated losing that 5th rounder...

i do agree that this time next year we'll be dealing with a new regime...at least i hope

I think you are letting your want of Mallett influence the grade on Thomas CK

Agree, This whole post was a wast of time once I read the blurb on Thomas.

Wow..what a sad and and short sided view. Thomas was a FAR BETTER pick than Mallet. I could have saved you a lot of time and pain and told you we were not getting Mallet before the draft..oh wait ..I did that multiple times.

What a complete insult to Thomas, a great player who the haters will love on here and act like they never wanted mallet in 6 months.

another note on mallett...one of the nfl network or espn analysts can't remember which said that he talked to 3 teams who all said that during interviews mallett came off like matt jones...very similar personality...matt jones the guy who was an ark qb drafted as a wr by the jags with drug issues and the like ever since

i'm sure that didn't help his cause...

After watching the interview with Mallett and Gruden, I was hoping the Dolphins would pass on him.

im not hating on you man, i love all the work you do, but it does kinda of seem like you are pissed about mallet. which i was to. but looking back at it now im good with it. we got two really good players and another good one in gates.

I think Hoops hit the nail on the head. The Pats can afford to take a risk like Mallett due to locker room and quantity of picks. I mean we are taking about a 1st round talent who went in the middle of the 3rd round. There is something seriously wrong with that. I'm not thrilled with how this draft went, but I do believe that Pouncey and Thomas can make an impact early (and possibly gates).

I just do not think this regime will take risks for obvious reasons and I now believe they did not intend to get QB in this draft but in FA or just go with Henne for his last chance hotel 3rd year is a charm routine. The will live and die with Henne IMO. Bengals said they are definitely not trading Palmer. We are revamping offense for sure with new guys with fresh attitudes and high character.

I dont care what anyone says about a certain position and where you draft it, if the guy can start day one and show a complete upgrade, which i have complete confidence that the DNA proof of his brother will show, then it does not matter where he is taken after 10 as Center position goes. Teams will lose bets on who they drafted in first round, WE DEF WILL NOT!

Excellent critiques, your absolutely right, this regime was given another shot this year and they have blown it.

I was absolutely stunned we passed on Mallett for a runner that looks a lot like Ronnie Brown....couldn't we have just re-signed Ronnie and drafted Mallett?

I don't get it....I hope your right about Cowher and 2012.

This is a Ronnie/Aaron Rodgers redux - granted for less at stake. Again we pass up a QB who unexpectedly falls in our laps having some questions but with the potential of super stardom for what, the 5th RB taken in a draft chock full of them? Granted that Ingram and Mallett in the same backfield is now hindsight, but nonetheless, it could have happened and would have been nice. I'm pretty disgusted right now, especially since we'll be facing Mallett 2x/season downroad maybe even at the time when Thomas is starting his career trajectory descent. Sound familiar?

Back
Top Bottom