Future of Rick Spielman (merged) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Future of Rick Spielman (merged)

I think Rick is gone unless he accepts a demotion to director of pro personnel or something to that nature. I do not know of any past connections between Nick and Rick.

IMO, Nick will bring in either Floyd Reese, Phil Savage, or Tim Ruskell to run the personnel office. My money is on Reese, though I really like Savage. Ruskell would be a good guy to get as well. I think Reese is going to be the scape goat for Tennessee's troubles this year, and he will be fired. He will then come on board as Saban's top personnel guy.

MikeO said:
They just hired a guy and gave him total control. Now your saying Wayne is going to force Rick down his throat?????? :confused: :confused: :confused: Doesn't work that way.

Spielman won't take a demotion. His ego won't let him. Nobody's ego would. He is gone.
I think what the guy means is spielman would be used for input that's it. Nick still has final say

Thats right FinSinceBirth, Saban runs the team , WH owns the team. WH will find aplace for him.

FinSinceBirth said:
I think what the guy means is spielman would be used for input that's it. Nick still has final say
Spielman will quit before that happens.

WH may like him, but he isn't going to force Rick upon Nick. If Nick doesn't want Rick in the front office, Rick isn't going to be in the front office.

Finlandia said:
He's getting a ride with AJ out of town.

I disagree, at worse AJ is a good back up. He'll stay and Rick can get a ride with Jay Williams or Jay Fiedler.

Even though Ricky boy is fearing for the loss of his job right now, and will surely suck up to St. Nick....house cleaning is just that...and his head is on the chopping block!

He'll be gone, along with just about every other current coach. Our roster next season will look much differently. FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

Probably other than Bates and maybe a few other D coaches who will be possibly given the option to stay I think the FO and coaching staff are getting their maps and cheese sandwiches...

REAL DEAL said:
I think WH likes him. I think he stays, not as GM. WH will find a spot for him . Saban runs the team, but WH owns the team. If WH wants RS around ,he will be around.
If that was the case, Saban would still be at LSU.

KB21 said:
WH may like him, but he isn't going to force Rick upon Nick. If Nick doesn't want Rick in the front office, Rick isn't going to be in the front office.
That's exactly right. Huizenga wants "The Nick Saban Show," which includes all the people HE wants in there.

Back
Top Bottom