Gase told us....this was all coming. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase told us....this was all coming.

In one game alone, Suh had like 3 or 4 back to back off sides penalties. That is too damn many penalities for the money he was paid. That was a Piss poor example of leadership. Pouncy couldn't even practice with the team during the week, so how could any chemistry be built with the o line? Landry from what Iv'e read ran lazy routes, did not study in his off time, and generally was not amendable to being coached. Like I said, I'm happy those 3 knuckleheads are gone!

1kd8p6.jpg

Flashback to Adam Gase at 3:59 on Wed..
Are you all ready for me to blow this place up!!
57DA5C60-789C-48AA-9C3A-23C262E96F10.jpeg

I'm reformatting your post because you made it so no one can reply to you

Are you saying we didn't have any great players? Then you'd have to say our. F.O. sucks

We had several very good players, but other than Suh, who was great on this team? That doesn't mean this team was bad, just no super star anchor players. Yes, this is an inditement of the FO. We need to draft better.

And here we get to the nub of the issue. What do you mean by 'exceed expectations'? Because there is more than what happens on the field.
Why don't you tell us exactly what happened off the field? You seem to know. All I know is what I saw in the field and Landry and Ajayi ran and played hard as s#!t.

As usual, you reply in angry tone and don't even bother to respond to the post. I don't know what happened off the field. But the Coaches and FO do. That enters into their evaluation of the player. It clearly doesn't matter to you. All you seem to care about is highlight reel plays. Ajayi and Landry both had a bunch and clearly played hard. But I also see our record doesn't seem to reflect positively on all of those individual efforts.

But to be fair, you and others have raised questions about Gase's ability to call plays. Who am I to believe? You or someone like Payton Manning, who praised Gase as a fantastic offensive mind. You be you. I'm in Paytons camp, at least for now.

Belichick once had a quote that I'll paraphrase since I don't have the time or inclination to dig up, but effectively he was laughing at the T.V. analysts trying to judge who was a good player or not. His comment was something to the effect of -- unless you know the play that was called and the specific assignments, you don't have a clue if a player played well or not. Why don't you keep that in mind as you are reclining with a beer in your hand and watching the game from the comfort of your home.

Wow, must be so challenging to be the OC when Peyton Manning is the QB and calls every play and audibles at huddle.
Spare me your teal-comped shades Coach Gase.

Yes, being a HC in the NFL is so easy they pay people $5,000,000+ a year to sleepwalk to the bank. And on top of that, you believe a rookie HC should get exactly a season before you cut bait and fish again? Gase took over a team in disarray and came with a completely different offensive philosophy -- which he was specifically hired for. He should get time to grow into the job and get the players he needs to execute before we judge. Look at all the teams that lost their starting QB's. Only one did well and that was because they had a quality backup on a very good team, who ran hot and cold and then, just at the right moment, blazingly hot.

As for those plays that Payton called, who designed them? And since they worked, who gets credit for the design of the play? Who spent the time the week before figuring out the strengths and weaknesses of the opposing team so Payton had so much ready for him to take advantage of? You seem to think the game is played just from the time the ball is hiked into the QB's hands until the whistle. I think the game is played from the start of prep for that opponent (Monday) until the clock goes to zero -- with no breaks in-between.

You are so busy being angry because the team isn't doing what you want. Pretty silly stuff. You have so many choices if the team isn't making you happy. Switch teams or sports for example.

You might have missed this, but you are posting on a Dolphin fan site. We're all fans here.

I'm reformatting your post because you made it so no one can reply to you

We had several very good players, but other than Suh, who was great on this team? That doesn't mean this team was bad, just no super star anchor players. Yes, this is an inditement of the FO. We need to draft better.

As usual, you reply in angry tone and don't even bother to respond to the post. I don't know what happened off the field. But the Coaches and FO do. That enters into their evaluation of the player. It clearly doesn't matter to you. All you seem to care about is highlight reel plays. Ajayi and Landry both had a bunch and clearly played hard. But I also see our record doesn't seem to reflect positively on all of those individual efforts.

But to be fair, you and others have raised questions about Gase's ability to call plays. Who am I to believe? You or someone like Payton Manning, who praised Gase as a fantastic offensive mind. You be you. I'm in Paytons camp, at least for now.

Belichick once had a quote that I'll paraphrase since I don't have the time or inclination to dig up, but effectively he was laughing at the T.V. analysts trying to judge who was a good player or not. His comment was something to the effect of -- unless you know the play that was called and the specific assignments, you don't have a clue if a player played well or not. Why don't you keep that in mind as you are reclining with a beer in your hand and watching the game from the comfort of your home.

Yes, being a HC in the NFL is so easy they pay people $5,000,000+ a year to sleepwalk to the bank. And on top of that, you believe a rookie HC should get exactly a season before you cut bait and fish again? Gase took over a team in disarray and came with a completely different offensive philosophy -- which he was specifically hired for. He should get time to grow into the job and get the players he needs to execute before we judge. Look at all the teams that lost their starting QB's. Only one did well and that was because they had a quality backup on a very good team, who ran hot and cold and then, just at the right moment, blazingly hot.

As for those plays that Payton called, who designed them? And since they worked, who gets credit for the design of the play? Who spent the time the week before figuring out the strengths and weaknesses of the opposing team so Payton had so much ready for him to take advantage of? You seem to think the game is played just from the time the ball is hiked into the QB's hands until the whistle. I think the game is played from the start of prep for that opponent (Monday) until the clock goes to zero -- with no breaks in-between.

You are so busy being angry because the team isn't doing what you want. Pretty silly stuff. You have so many choices if the team isn't making you happy. Switch teams or sports for example.

You might have missed this, but you are posting on a Dolphin fan site. We're all fans here.

Sorry, I thought this was a Dolphin Fan forum, not an "Everything Dolphins is Great" board.

Last edited:
Supporting Gase for now. But I don't see too much too get too excited about yet. Happy the OL is getting attention, we'll see if it works out.

Sorry, I tonight this was a Dolphin Fan forum, not an "Everything Dolphins is Great" board.
Don't waste your breath the record will speak for itself. I do believe Gase can at least call a decent offensive game plan the bottom line can Gase win with his players. His record with his choices of his players this past year speaks otherwise. Cutler and Thomas were both drags on the team costing us cap space, roster spots and even a draft pick all for naught with their sub par play. Last years roster was much more talented than the year prior and the team slid backwards. Sure RT went down but suddenly Ajayi was not getting the same yards from the year prior, and even with a year 2 under out belts and spending most of our draft picks on defense along with additiona in free agency we slid BACKWARDS. Think about this a veteran free agent from Pitt who never misses games goes awol before his first game as a phin flying back to Pitt lamenting to his old teammates he made a mistake signing with the phins. A poster just pointed out that the fans don't know whats going on but the coaching staff and front office do. I will carry it one step further the players know than us and the coaches whats going on. Especially the coach snorting coke last year.

Don't waste your breath the record will speak for itself. I do believe Gase can at least call a decent offensive game plan the bottom line can Gase win with his players. His record with his choices of his players this past year speaks otherwise. Cutler and Thomas were both drags on the team costing us cap space, roster spots and even a draft pick all for naught with their sub par play. Last years roster was much more talented than the year prior and the team slid backwards. Sure RT went down but suddenly Ajayi was not getting the same yards from the year prior, and even with a year 2 under out belts and spending most of our draft picks on defense along with additiona in free agency we slid BACKWARDS. Think about this a veteran free agent from Pitt who never misses games goes awol before his first game as a phin flying back to Pitt lamenting to his old teammates he made a mistake signing with the phins. A poster just pointed out that the fans don't know whats going on but the coaching staff and front office do. I will carry it one step further the players know than us and the coaches whats going on. Especially the coach snorting coke last year.

A coin has 2 sides. Kudos on your rebuttal.

Gase loves Pouncey. I don't think he's made more positive comments about a single player on the team in his pressers since he's been here. I make his presser's an appt. watch and he loves him I've been saying it for a while.

TRUTH
Finheaven hates Mike Pouncey. First because folks LOVE the salary cap more than anything and they feel Pouncey gets paid too much for his production (credited with one sack allowed in all of 2017). Secondly, folks are angry about the free Hernandez hat. Personally, I don't want to be Mike Pouncey's friend nor do I want him to babysit my kids I just want him to be a good center so I separate that ****. I also know good football players cost money and I'm not looking to underpay my whole team unless of course I had the best QB in the league to cover it up and I do not.

Adam Gase loves mike Pouncey. The Dolphins organization considers him an elite Center. There may come a time where that decide that contract is too big for the play but I don't think it will be 2018. Furthermore, Pouncey is known as a GREAT teammate and leader. Finheaven may be the only place in the world where Mike Pouncey is expendable.

Get Pouncey being a problem out of your heads because to the Miami Dolphins he is NOT.
tenor.gif
:laugh:laugh:laugh

Back
Top Bottom