Gase told us....this was all coming. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase told us....this was all coming.

You don’t follow the team closely do you?
As close or closer than anybody. I'm just a tougher critic on myself and things I like than things I don't like. I don't care about things I don't like.

I see what I see. I hear what I hear. I've been involved in football for a long time. More than any other sport, coaching and team management matters in football. It's not even close. It's a contrast of a series of 5-10 second ultra-organized, violent gang fights. The team with the best plan, pre plan, and execution, with minimal mistakes wins. Complicated overall but pretty simple in the end.

You never, ever blame the players, even if it's 100% their fault. You take the blame on public, always, no matter what. In the locker room is different.

Acting like you know everything and getting rid of great players under the guise of doing it your way is a ruse.
To be fair to Gase, it starts at the top. Terrible drafting and FS signings for the most part. The picks that exceed expectations (Landry 2nd, Ajayi 5th) we let go. #1 picks we take get the ball thrown to them 3-5 times a game. We call predictable running plays where the RBs are drilled 2-3 yard before the line of scrimmage. If I know what play is being called next with no scouting report sitting on my living room couch, I'm quite sure D Coordinators coaching against is do too. Read what Bears fans and journalists have said about our new OC. Frightening. Familiarity does not = competence.

I could go on...

You make a compelling case for Gase's "it's my way or the highway" forming a new reality. But that still leaves Pouncey, although I don't believe I've read that he's anything approaching a clubhouse cancer, so who knows.

Gase loves Pouncey. I don't think he's made more positive comments about a single player on the team in his pressers since he's been here. I make his presser's an appt. watch and he loves him I've been saying it for a while.

TRUTH
Finheaven hates Mike Pouncey. First because folks LOVE the salary cap more than anything and they feel Pouncey gets paid too much for his production (credited with one sack allowed in all of 2017). Secondly, folks are angry about the free Hernandez hat. Personally, I don't want to be Mike Pouncey's friend nor do I want him to babysit my kids I just want him to be a good center so I separate that ****. I also know good football players cost money and I'm not looking to underpay my whole team unless of course I had the best QB in the league to cover it up and I do not.

Adam Gase loves mike Pouncey. The Dolphins organization considers him an elite Center. There may come a time where that decide that contract is too big for the play but I don't think it will be 2018. Furthermore, Pouncey is known as a GREAT teammate and leader. Finheaven may be the only place in the world where Mike Pouncey is expendable.

Get Pouncey being a problem out of your heads because to the Miami Dolphins he is NOT.

As close or closer than anybody. I'm just a tougher critic on myself and things I like than things I don't like. I don't care about things I don't like.

I see what I see. I hear what I hear. I've been involved in football for a long time. More than any other sport, coaching and team management matters in football. It's not even close. It's a contrast of a series of 5-10 second ultra-organized, violent gang fights. The team with the best plan, pre plan, and execution, with minimal mistakes wins. Complicated overall but pretty simple in the end.

You never, ever blame the players, even if it's 100% their fault. You take the blame on public, always, no matter what. In the locker room is different.

Acting like you know everything and getting rid of great players under the guise of doing it your way is a ruse.
To be fair to Gase, it starts at the top. Terrible drafting and FS signings for the most part. The picks that exceed expectations (Landry 2nd, Ajayi 5th) we let go. #1 picks we take get the ball thrown to them 3-5 times a game. We call predictable running plays where the RBs are drilled 2-3 yard before the line of scrimmage. If I know what play is being called next with no scouting report sitting on my living room couch, I'm quite sure D Coordinators coaching against is do too. Read what Bears fans and journalists have said about our new OC. Frightening. Familiarity does not = competence.

I could go on...

Quoted for truth.

Not sure I agree with you, Pouncey was never elite and I think we can do better. A fully healthy Mike is above avg not elite, his bro was elite.

I didn't say I consider him an elite center, I honestly and not skilled enough to watch line play and know, but it's been said by Armando or Jackson or one of the pundits the Dolphins view him as an elite center.

I get you, I like a healthy Pouncey but see someone who is past his prime and think we need a player who practices and plays together to form a bond.

I love the post, it brings a different perspective on Gase something i have spoken about before. We need to give the man a chance to do things his way and build the team in his image, hopefully he'll be here for a while.

My question 3yr year always the show it year for coaches. So another disappointing year does he get fired???

Or does not having your QB last year buy him another year??

Gase loves Pouncey. I don't think he's made more positive comments about a single player on the team in his pressers since he's been here. I make his presser's an appt. watch and he loves him I've been saying it for a while.

TRUTH
Finheaven hates Mike Pouncey. First because folks LOVE the salary cap more than anything and they feel Pouncey gets paid too much for his production (credited with one sack allowed in all of 2017). Secondly, folks are angry about the free Hernandez hat. Personally, I don't want to be Mike Pouncey's friend nor do I want him to babysit my kids I just want him to be a good center so I separate that ****. I also know good football players cost money and I'm not looking to underpay my whole team unless of course I had the best QB in the league to cover it up and I do not.

Adam Gase loves mike Pouncey. The Dolphins organization considers him an elite Center. There may come a time where that decide that contract is too big for the play but I don't think it will be 2018. Furthermore, Pouncey is known as a GREAT teammate and leader. Finheaven may be the only place in the world where Mike Pouncey is expendable.

Get Pouncey being a problem out of your heads because to the Miami Dolphins he is NOT.

Obviously I was just kidding! Seriously, I was wrong here, no biggie!

I think he did really like Pouncey, but culture is changing now, if you want to be apart of us be a team player, if not see you later! We can fill his void with Larsen and figure out in draft with a pick. His best years were behind him, I think Pouncey will be surprised by how much money he is going to lose out on.

Mando hinted at a leadership problem with Pouncey in his January 12th article. He has some good insights in this one. Worth a read. Some clips:
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article194358364.html

When the Miami Dolphins were at their lowest in 2017 — in the middle of a five-game midseason losing skid and then a three-game disaster to end the season — coaches and players looked around the locker room searching for a leader who could step out, speak up, and show them the way.

And there was no one.

The veteran leadership that sometimes raises teams out of such a crisis was absent. No one had the personality nor the reputation to call for a rally to save the season. Ray Lewis didn’t walk through the locker room doors.

“I think it’s probably a work in progress for us,” coach Adam Gase said recently. “I know that was something that I’ve talked to a lot of guys — especially after the season — about. It’s never going to be the way we really want it and we have to keep talking about it until guys really take control of this thing.”

I would have expected Mike Pouncey to be that guy if anyone could be. But Pouncey, who basically runs the offensive line, couldn’t or wouldn’t expand his borders beyond that.

And what did that make the 2017 Dolphins? A leadership-starved team that lacked identity and enough peer pressure to force the fast and permanent correction of mistakes. So, there could be no rally.

Yeah, you read correctly … Brandon Albert’s absence meant there wasn’t that veteran wisdom that everyone seemed to follow. Albert often made sure multiple teammates hung out and bonded away from the facility, but last year the Dolphins mostly all went their separate ways after work.

“We need our veteran leaders to step up and really take handle of this locker room this year,” Gase said.

Although Gase didn't want to see Pouncey go....I guess Gase told us again...veteran leadership in critical moments is essential for him. Pouncey, you weren't stepping up in these areas, and you wanted more money, and when we said "no" you asked for your release? Thanks for your time. Wish it was otherwise. Gase will show you the door.

I believe Gase is setting the precedent that if we are going to pay you a ton of money, you not only are going to be a stellar player, but you will also be a leader on this team. Period. It comes with the territory. If you are not, we have a problem.

Last edited:
My question 3yr year always the show it year for coaches. So another disappointing year does he get fired???

Or does not having your QB last year buy him another year??
I think with the tannehill restructure gives the both of them until 2020 no matter what. If it doesn't work out by then, then we start over.

I am so damn pumped on these changes. We heard about a potential offensive overhaul mid-season even. We needed it. This is Ryan Tannehill's team and I don't feel like they've put him in a better position to succeed than what they've done this year.

Reading those quotes gase blamed everyone but himself. That's why I laugh when they say they're bringing FAs in to change the culture. Winning creates culture. Culture starts at the top and when the leader of the team doesn't take responsibility for his team's poor play you've identified the problem.

Did the Jags bring in the right FAs last year or was it Marrone and Coughlin that changed their culture?

I hope it works out because I'm tired of seeing this team play well one week and get beat 40-0 the next. That said, this is Gase's team now. Sink or swim time. If it sinks he should be in the unemployment line next year right next to tannenbaum and grier.

Back
Top Bottom