********** gator football *********** | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

********** gator football ***********

Yeah it's Mullen. Coaches meeting scheduled for tonight followed by a players meeting. So be it. This needed to be done sooner rather than later. It's pivotal to hold these next two recruiting classes together and build on them.

Nuss and Shannon are out. Looks like Grantham is in.

He did a great job cleaning house. Nuss had to go ... even more than Addazio way back when. Shannon never should've been promoted to the position he was given ... but he will be missed on the recruiting trail.

Grantham is an interesting hire. Cool with it.

Taven Bryan likely going pro makes me sad, but Dan Mullen trying to pry Justin Fields away from UGA has me fully torqued.

I have a question: why would the Gators get an SEC coach who hasn't really done much in the SEC as a head coach? A decent year here and there but no SEC Championship.
Just curious.

I have a question: why would the Gators get an SEC coach who hasn't really done much in the SEC as a head coach? A decent year here and there but no SEC Championship.
Just curious.

Hard to get SEC championships when Saban exists in your division the entirety of your head coaching career. He's had relative success at Miss St ... some huge wins during his tenure. ***QBs have gotten better under his tutelage.*** The obvious connection to Gainesville. Plus he was basically their third choice ... for some reason.

There's more to it but that's it in a nutshell.

Hard to get SEC championships when Saban exists in your division the entirety of your head coaching career. He's had relative success at Miss St ... some huge wins during his tenure. ***QBs have gotten better under his tutelage.*** The obvious connection to Gainesville. Plus he was basically their third choice ... for some reason.

There's more to it but that's it in a nutshell.
Thanks. I was just not sure. Normally within a conference you'd rather pry a coach away with success already.

It'll be interesting to see how that works out.

I'm surprised there has been a meh reception to Dan Mullen. Nobody wins consistently at Mississippi State and he did.

I think *most* Gator fans are happy with the hire. There will always be a subset that aren't happy no matter what.

They didn't pay enough attention to Corral and he flipped to Ole Miss. This one might come back to haunt them. First measuring stick is out there. Mullen really wants that option QB.

They've lost more recruits since the Mullen hire then after the Mac firing. That's not great. Need to rebound and get this first class back on track. Surtain Jr would be nice ...

Yeah I was scrolling through Twitter when he posted it. Better hope Mullen can get Justin Fields to flip or we could run out of options quickly.

Flipping Jones was a good start to saving the class. It's especially nice to steal one from Meyer. I'm still pissed at him about Raekwon.

I thought it was pretty funny how all the gator sites were acting like flipping that kicker was banner news to distract from the exodus of commits. That'll fool 'em ...

Yeah Jones flipping is a huge sigh of relief. We really need a dual-threat guy to run DM's offense and with Fields being rock solid in his commitment to UGA, we really had to land him. I'm hoping this helps woo Copeland back to us too.

Also, Trevon Grimes transferring in from OSU makes this a double-whammy for Urb. Jake Allen was ecstatic on Twitter to have his old teammate from Aquinas back in Florida. He'll try to get a family hardship waiver from the NCAA so he can play right away.

Van Jefferson transferring in from Ole Miss could be a nice pickup too. His numbers at Ole Miss were OK, but we really need all the firepower we can get. If the credit card guys come back, we might actually fill out a complete roster of scholarship players. Callaway is already gone, and Scarlett may as well go too, IMO.

So four of the credit card guys are staying. Jordan Scarlett, Rick Wells, James Houston and Ventrell Miller have all rejoined the team. Scarlett is the big one. That will be a huge boost to our backfield.

Mullen was a decent hire...my brother goes to UF, and he likes the hire...lots of people wanted Chip Kelly, but I think Mullen is the better guy in the long run for you guys.

Back
Top Bottom