********** gator football ***********

Discussion in 'College Sports Forum' started by BobDole, Dec 3, 2015.

1. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Hard to get SEC championships when Saban exists in your division the entirety of your head coaching career. He's had relative success at Miss St ... some huge wins during his tenure. ***QBs have gotten better under his tutelage.*** The obvious connection to Gainesville. Plus he was basically their third choice ... for some reason.

There's more to it but that's it in a nutshell.

phins_4_ever likes this.
  2. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

Thanks. I was just not sure. Normally within a conference you'd rather pry a coach away with success already.

It'll be interesting to see how that works out.

3. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

I'm surprised there has been a meh reception to Dan Mullen. Nobody wins consistently at Mississippi State and he did.

4. Stoobz

Stoobz Scout Team Finheaven VIP

I think *most* Gator fans are happy with the hire. There will always be a subset that aren't happy no matter what.

5. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

They didn't pay enough attention to Corral and he flipped to Ole Miss. This one might come back to haunt them. First measuring stick is out there. Mullen really wants that option QB.

They've lost more recruits since the Mullen hire then after the Mac firing. That's not great. Need to rebound and get this first class back on track. Surtain Jr would be nice ...

6. CO-Gator

CO-Gator They all float down here. Finheaven VIP

Yeah I was scrolling through Twitter when he posted it. Better hope Mullen can get Justin Fields to flip or we could run out of options quickly.

7. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Flipping Jones was a good start to saving the class. It's especially nice to steal one from Meyer. I'm still pissed at him about Raekwon.

I thought it was pretty funny how all the gator sites were acting like flipping that kicker was banner news to distract from the exodus of commits. That'll fool 'em ...

8. CO-Gator

CO-Gator They all float down here. Finheaven VIP

Yeah Jones flipping is a huge sigh of relief. We really need a dual-threat guy to run DM's offense and with Fields being rock solid in his commitment to UGA, we really had to land him. I'm hoping this helps woo Copeland back to us too.

Also, Trevon Grimes transferring in from OSU makes this a double-whammy for Urb. Jake Allen was ecstatic on Twitter to have his old teammate from Aquinas back in Florida. He'll try to get a family hardship waiver from the NCAA so he can play right away.

Van Jefferson transferring in from Ole Miss could be a nice pickup too. His numbers at Ole Miss were OK, but we really need all the firepower we can get. If the credit card guys come back, we might actually fill out a complete roster of scholarship players. Callaway is already gone, and Scarlett may as well go too, IMO.