*** Gators Football Thread *** | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Gators Football Thread ***

I really don't even know how to respond to you without going down to your level. I've received enough warnings here. The fact that you think we were embarrassed last year, or that you're even proud of winning that game considering the amount of freshmen we played (especially at QB) just makes me :rolleyes2:

that's funny - after you calling us ******* i thought i was dropping down to your level with my response - which wasn't even that bad.

please drop down another level. i can play this game all day and my feelings don't get hurt. make as many excuses and/or be as condescending as your heart desires.

that last one cost this thread a star? really? so i can't even defend the gators now - in the gators thread? oh good.

that's funny - after you calling us ******* i thought i was dropping down to your level with my response - which wasn't even that bad.

please drop down another level. i can play this game all day and my feelings don't get hurt. make as many excuses and/or be as condescending as your heart desires.

I wasn't talking about the 'name-calling' level, I was talking about intellectual level. Your deductions are non-sequiturs, and it's pointless to try to go anywhere with you, because you'll eventually change the topic to something unrelated.

I wasn't talking about the 'name-calling' level, I was talking about intellectual level. Your deductions are non-sequiturs, and it's pointless to try to go anywhere with you, because you'll eventually change the topic to something unrelated.

and now i'm stupid. fantastic.

please dude. i know football. don't give me that crap.

Maybe you should write Jeremy Foley a letter and tell him how much you would like to play Miami on a yearly basis. It's fact that this series ended when Spurrier came to town, because he said you would have to be crazy to want to play Miami every year. The Gators dodged this series for 15 years before they caved in and played in 02 and 03. Now they bumped the back end of a home and home another 5 years, and are trying their hardest to get out of it totally. Try scheduling one more out of conference game other than FSU, and maybe you will stop hearing the talk about how weak your schedule is.

Maybe you should write Jeremy Foley a letter and tell him how much you would like to play Miami on a yearly basis. It's fact that this series ended when Spurrier came to town, because he said you would have to be crazy to want to play Miami every year. The Gators dodged this series for 15 years before they caved in and played in 02 and 03. Now they bumped the back end of a home and home another 5 years, and are trying their hardest to get out of it totally. Try scheduling one more out of conference game other than FSU, and maybe you will stop hearing the talk about how weak your schedule is.
Maybe you should get your own facts straight before you present something like this as fact. The decision to drop the Miami game was made before the 1987 season. Spurrier was hired before the 1990 season. Spurrier faced Miami as a player in the 60's and wanted to face them as a coach. He was the one responsible for the two home-and-home series that were originally scheduled in the 90s but later canceled by then-UF AD Bill Arnsparger (that name ring a bell?) after the SEC expanded it's regular season game requirement from 7 to 8. He was also responsible for the 02-03 series that was actually played. But that was around the same time Daniel Snyder threw a huge pile of money at him to go coach the Redskins.

Contrary to the apparently widely believed message board/blogosphere rumors, Florida never tried to get out of the 2013 game. And if they really wanted out, they wouldn't have to try either. Those games are agreed to with built-in buyout clauses. If Florida wanted out, they would have done so already.

I will agree with you about Foley though. Guy absolutely refuses to give up another home game and the >$2 million in revenue it generates for the athletics department. UCF backed out on UF a few years ago and Foley replaced them with Charleston Southern. Meyer wasn't happy about that and tried to get Utah on the schedule. When they asked for a return game, Foley said no.

Even though I'd like to see the game played on an annual basis again, not scheduling Miami somewhat makes sense with the attendance factor. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe Miami's home attendance. No sense in forgoing all that sellout home game revenue just so they can go down to Landshark Stadium, fill it up with their own fans, and give Miami a tarp-free, sellout crowd in a season in which they would have otherwise never had one. Florida doesn't need this game at all. Miami does. So why would they give it to them?

But I think it's ridiculous that they can't schedule a home-and-home series with a Louisville or an Iowa or a Cal. I speak for a lot of Gator fans when I say that I get sick and damn tired of the "take your paycheck and your ***-whipping and go home" games. It gets a little stale after a while. USF 2010 and 2015 is a start, but those games probably won't be competitive either.

charlie strong is about to be named the louisville head coach. fugg.

I remember last year there were a few people who thought Willie Martinez would have been a good fit as UM's DC.

I remember last year there were a few people who thought Willie Martinez would have been a good fit as UM's DC.

Awwww hell naw. I'm sure myself and many others would have refused further donations to the school had that **** actually went down.

Yeah, it wasn't you or anything, but I remember reading that we were interested, and that on several forums there were people saying it would be a good hire.

Yeah I remember reading that stuff as well and flipping the hell out over it. Then again I wasn't exactly estatic over the John Lovett hire but after the hire it was clear that Shannon would be the ochestrator of the defense and that John Lovett was actually John Puppet.

i'm just hoping heads aren't up ***** and a better hire than addazio will be made. strong is leaving some HUGE shoes to fill - best D coordinator in college football IMO.

the coordinators on both sides of the ball will largely dictate how the gators perform next year. addazio needs to be fired after the bowl game, plain and simple. and strong ... that just sucks that he's leaving for louisville.

Back
Top Bottom