*** Gators Football Thread *** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Gators Football Thread ***

Hey Hurri...I don't think that 26-3 beatdown where Miami could only muster up 140 yards of total offense was their 2nd hardest fought game last year

Bama had the lead going into the 4th quarter of the SEC CG 20-17...

I watched both of them just like you probably did....Miami hung in there with Florida for 3 quarters....

But I think you'd admit you're stretching it here a little bit...

I'm not admitting tihs. What "beatdown" where you watching? Kudos to your bloody Tide, but we held them to 1 TD and 132 total yards thru 3 qtrs with a very young and inexperienced team. Thug UF scored on their first drive and didn't see the endzone again until 3 minutes into the 4th quarter which no team was able to do to them all season. Of course a football game is played for 4 quarters and our lack of experience caught up with us and they did put two impressive drives together in the 4th and scored two TD's. Our anemic offense was more held in check by Nix and Marve than the ga*turds D. We also stopped the heralded Harvin who had a mere 27 rushing yards and only 1 catch for 12 yards. The U also held them to their 2nd lowest total yards all season (345, Vols held them to 243) with only 89 total rushing yards (55 by Teblow) and their lowest scoring output. The 23-3 final score plus the classless FG by Urban Meyer Wiener with 25 seconds left to cover the spread so the boosters would suck him off afterward doesn't tell the whole story of how close that game was.

I put on that old 70's record.."Why can't we be friends?"
LOL

Good God, Tennessee is ridiculous.

On offense, they're more worried about eating clock and taking time from Florida that they aren't willing to try to score. And why even put your QB out there if you have no confidence in him?

On defense, they're so worried about the big play that they let the little plays go...

Beating a dead horse is calling us Criminal U. Thug UF is the new trend that just started 3-4 years ago when Urban Meyer Wiener arrived. Whats with all the assclown talk and masturbating in feces? Maybe you guys in jorts can drink a lot, but yikes, I'd hate to see what happens when you rednecks get drunk.

BTW, besides the ga*tors (I use the asterisk b/c I received a warning when I typed the "y") loss to the Rebels the Canes were your hardest fought game last year. There's no way you would stomp us this year. It would be a helluva game. I like how you consider FSU and GT "overrated" now just b/c we beat them. Whatever let's you sleep at night. Just be careful don't fall asleep next to that drunk redneck in jorts.

beating a dead horse is saying something over and over and over again. like you've done many, many times with the schedule and jorts. a hypocrite is someone who calls UF a team full of thugs when UM basically invented that whole concept years back. see the difference?

our hardest fought game last year was miami? the game that you guys put up 140 yards of total offense and a pathetic 79 passing yards? then lost 26-3? apparently you missed the SEC championship and national title games. way off brosef.

it appears GT was overrated - i never said anything about FSU. everyone is on the same level in the ACC - that's what makes those conference games so exciting to watch. i have no hate towards anyone in that conference except FSU.

i would rather talk about my gators than have the same argument with you ad nauseum.

we didn't look that fantastic yesterday. i haven't re-watched it yet after getting black out drunk by halftime yesterday but from what i remember we played really conservative offense. thought for sure we'd try and run up the score on lane 'the mouth' kiffin. all i really remember about yesterday was watching some dude trying to do a key bump in the bathroom only to drop his bag in the urinal and do one anyway and laughing at some guy who was passed out in the gutter next to the bars who turned out to be an old friend of mine from college. good stuff.

beating a dead horse is saying something over and over and over again. like you've done many, many times with the schedule and jorts. a hypocrite is someone who calls UF a team full of thugs when UM basically invented that whole concept years back. see the difference?

our hardest fought game last year was miami? the game that you guys put up 140 yards of total offense and a pathetic 79 passing yards? then lost 26-3? apparently you missed the SEC championship and national title games. way off brosef.

it appears GT was overrated - i never said anything about FSU. everyone is on the same level in the ACC - that's what makes those conference games so exciting to watch. i have no hate towards anyone in that conference except FSU.

i would rather talk about my gators than have the same argument with you ad nauseum.

we didn't look that fantastic yesterday. i haven't re-watched it yet after getting black out drunk by halftime yesterday but from what i remember we played really conservative offense. thought for sure we'd try and run up the score on lane 'the mouth' kiffin. all i really remember about yesterday was watching some dude trying to do a key bump in the bathroom only to drop his bag in the urinal and do one anyway and laughing at some guy who was passed out in the gutter next to the bars who turned out to be an old friend of mine from college. good stuff.

Good post Bob..
I'm tired of arguing with the ACC crowd.
Don't worry..as a Bama fan,I'm still worried about the Gators.
I think we are on course for a rematch in the SECCG.
The thing about Kiffen is "he never was going to try win that
game yesterday.All he was doing was slowing the game down to
beat the spread and not get humiliated.
Keeping it close and trying win in the fourth is one thing,but Lame
Kiffen was just trying to keep the game from getting out of hand.
To pull off a upset,you have to take a few chances.
I think thats why Fla. looked a little sluggish.

Good post Bob..
I'm tired of arguing with the ACC crowd.
Don't worry..as a Bama fan,I'm still worried about the Gators.
I think we are on course for a rematch in the SECCG.
The thing about Kiffen is "he never was going to try win that
game yesterday.All he was doing was slowing the game down to
beat the spread and not get humiliated.
Keeping it close and trying win in the fourth is one thing,but Lame
Kiffen was just trying to keep the game from getting out of hand.
To pull off a upset,you have to take a few chances.
I think thats why Fla. looked a little sluggish.

the SEC title rematch will in reality be the national championship game - just as it was last year. UF and alabama are probably the 2 best teams in college football - definitely scared of the tide. i'm re-watching the game right now and tennessee just looks like they're trying to eat up clock without even trying to score. talk about gutless football. kiffin strikes again.

I'm pretty thankful I didn't bet on the Gators like I had planned. Instead, I lost my *** on Nevada -3 lol. That said, I gotta be honest...I wasn't impressed with Florida at all. No flame...they just didn't look tough at all. If Tennessee had a half decent QB...they win that game. And I swear I will punch someone in the back of the face if I ever hear a "Taylor Mays is better than Eric Berry" argument EVER again lol.

Yeah man, sorry I didn't get back to you. I've been studying for the LSAT all day.

That's cool.
Where you going to school?
My son-in-law is studying for his LSAT at Bama.
Good luck with the test.

I'm pretty thankful I didn't bet on the Gators like I had planned. Instead, I lost my *** on Nevada -3 lol. That said, I gotta be honest...I wasn't impressed with Florida at all. No flame...they just didn't look tough at all. If Tennessee had a half decent QB...they win that game. And I swear I will punch someone in the back of the face if I ever hear a "Taylor Mays is better than Eric Berry" argument EVER again lol.

yeah, i wasn't real impressed either. there were a few guys recovering from the (swine) flu and spikes came out early on - but all excuses aside - we played pretty lame conservative football. not quite as lame as the vols game plan but lame nonetheless. we didn't take nearly enough shots down field and just weren't trying to embarrass tennessee like we should have. just going for the W - which i guess is okay.

and yes - berry is by far the best safety in college football. mays is damn good but doesn't have the talent of that freak berry. he should be a top 5 pick barring injury.

your canes looked good thursday. i'm not quite sold on you guys just yet - the next few weeks will say a lot in terms of if the U is back. can't believe how good your QB has played - thought he was a pretender for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
your canes looked good thursday. i'm not quite sold on you guys just yet - the next few weeks will say a lot in terms of if the U is back. can't believe how good your QB has played - thought he was a pretender for sure.

Yeah I'm surprised with the #9 ranking to be honest and not to sure if we've proved to be a top 10 quite yet. i think the two primetime games helped coax the media a lil' more than they needed to be. If/when we beat VT then we'll be a top 10 team. If/when we beat Oklahoma then I think we would have done all that was asked of us and more in our first 4 games and I'll then believe we're a top 5.

Although it wasn't the final result everyone was expecting, congrats on taking care of Tenn. and thanks for shutting down Bryce Brown. I also have to say that Im not sure F*****a was as conservative as the Vols defense was good. The Vols held the ga*tors to there lowest total yardage last year. This season with the your lack of experience in the WR core and Berry and co. in the Vol's secondary that helped Tennessee stay even keeled on defense.

..and please Fins, don't replace him with Spikes next year. Anyone but another ga*tor. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom