Geno's a Jet | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Geno's a Jet

My only solace is that we are not making a huge commitment to him. This was not the year to draft a QB.

What I didn't understand is why bother, you have Garard who should start.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

What is better about Ryan Tannehill than Geno Smith?

You know Tannehill is better, wait till he comes up to take your house.

You guys crack me up.
Did I miss that winning season you had last year? Or the year before that? Or the year before that??
You're knocking Geno Smith before he plays a down ... Meanwhile ....

Andrew Luck took over a 2-14 team and took them to the playoffs.
RGIII took over a 5-11 Redskins team and took them to the playoffs.
Russell Wilson took over a 7-9 Seahawks team and took them to the playoffs.

While that was happening, your franchise QB was throwing for a whopping 12 TDs with 13 INTs and a 76 QB Rating.
Good enough for 27th in the league ... 3 spots ahead of Chad Henne.
Yeah ... I guess you guys are all set for the next 10 years.

Instead of knocking Geno Smith, maybe you should be worried about your own guy.

You guys crack me up.
Did I miss that winning season you had last year? Or the year before that? Or the year before that??
You're knocking Geno Smith before he plays a down ... Meanwhile ....

Andrew Luck took over a 2-14 team and took them to the playoffs.
RGIII took over a 5-11 Redskins team and took them to the playoffs.
Russell Wilson took over a 7-9 Seahawks team and took them to the playoffs.

While that was happening, your franchise QB was throwing for a whopping 12 TDs with 13 INTs and a 76 QB Rating.
Good enough for 27th in the league ... 3 spots ahead of Chad Henne.
Yeah ... I guess you guys are all set for the next 10 years.

Instead of knocking Geno Smith, maybe you should be worried about your own guy.

HEY NOW, HEY NOW!! YOU STOP RIGHT THERE! This no place for facts or such slanderous words towards tanny, or should I say the next " TIM COUCH......I mean the next DAN the MAN MARINO "!!!!!

Shouldnt you 2 be over on TGG helping junc and his drunk uncle hobbies support Sanchez?

I'd be too busy killing myself to be on here bashing the pick.

Exactly.

As Bumpus would tell you and eluded to, Geno's Myth isnt any good. Like me, Bumpus Im sure watched every game Genos Myth played in college. Unlike me, Bumpus was rooting for the kid the whole time. Even he will tell you that Austin and Bailey made Genos Myth.

Let me break him down for you..........

1) HORRIBLE pocket presence. Just watch any game Geno played against any kind of real pass rush. There werent that many btw, as WVU spent most of their time playing no talent garbage teams. But, when there was pressure, it clearly rattled Geno. He was totally ineffective when he was forced to make decisions in under 7 seconds. He liked it much better against teams like Liberty where he could stand back there and find NFL WRs who were wide open vs. nobodies and making him look good.

When Genos Myth faced pressure he would almost always move to the wrong spot or not sense it at all. He would make horribly inaccurate throws when pressured and often fumble or throw the INT. He reminds me a lot of John Beck when it comes to sensing pressure and avoiding it to make a play.

2) His footwork is NOT GOOD. This is the biggest problem with his accuracy. Even when not pressured he would often throw bad passes its just a lot of them would end up being receptions. These kinds of errand throws will not be complete in the NFL though. Defenders are just not going to be as slow getting to the ball and breaking up the play. The windows will be much tighter as well.

3) The accuracy is not good. Discussed in point 2, because I believe his poor footwork is the leading cause of this.

4) His attitude is not good. Genos Myth will pout when things dont go well as you have seen already. This kid is going to get mercilessly CRUCIFIED by the NY media and the fanbase. This could snowball into an epic disaster full of laughs for us phins fans.

Its not just when things dont go well either. Go look at the tape, no better yet, "put the tape on" of the Texas game. Watch towards the end after Genos Myth leads that go ahead drive late in the game. You can just see the attitude ooze from him. Its not good. He takes it very personal when people get on him. You just cant be that way in the NFL. Ask Dumbte Culpepper about that kind of ****. Its one thing to have a chip on your shoulder and use that to motivate you the way Brady does about not getting drafted till round 6. But, to take it so that it effects you emotionally while youre trying to focus and compete so much that you even talk **** to fans is something that will not help.

Then you have the typical things when its not going well. Ive seen him throw balls away on purpose when the going gets tough and just completely shut down on the field. Im not talking about throwing a ball away because no one was open and avoiding a sack or something. Im talking about he just gave up out there. His body language suggested he was saying "**** it". When the going gets tough, Genos Myth will fold up like a whore in a rain storm.

5) Genos Myth is not smart. Im sure you have noticed. To me, this matters for a QB.

6) Genos Myth does not go through progressions well. I dont care what some homer WVU fans may say. Yea, Ive seen him go to his 2nd and 3rd reads when he is playing Marshall, no one is close to him, and he has 8 seconds to decide what to do. When things must be quick and decisive, he is lost out there. It will show in the NFL.

Man this is going to be great. The Jests are screwed for a few more years minimum. I guess they could get smart after this season and dump Rex, Sanchez, Genos Myth and draft a QB in round 1 but I doubt it. Knowing the Jests they will keep making dumb moves like this one. Even if they drafted a good QB next year it will take a season or 2 after that to get some other good players around him. Their roster is terrible right now. They may go 1-15. Which means if they get smart and get a QB next year they would have to pass on Clowney to do so :lol: .

It doesn't matter who the Jets take, Dolphin homers will bash it.

3 good value players with yoiur picks kind of unsure how your line will be set up but got three pretty good players now on dl. Rb is a huge question mark and as is depth at receiver but we have similar questions behind our starters at rec although Gibson is ok.

No matter I think we can all agree that Gino Smith in second is much better than Pat White in second lol

No matter I think we can all agree that Gino Smith in second is much better than Pat White in second lol

also on other hand dion jordan in 1st is better than vernon ghoulston

so if the Dolphins drafted Geno Smith (assuming we never got Tannehill), would you all still be bashing him?
Short answer - YES. He really isn't very good against good competition.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

I'm kind of scared about this. Geno has the potential to be a great pro.
That's an overuse of the word "potential" in my opinion. Possible does not equal potential.

Back
Top Bottom