Ginn to run on April 11th and 16th

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
NFL scouts to watch Ginn on field April 11

Two teams to also view wide receiver April 16

By Marla Ridenour

Beacon Journal sportswriter

COLUMBUS - Junior flanker/kick returner Ted Ginn Jr. will work out for NFL scouts April 11 at Ohio State, coach Jim Tressel said Tuesday.
Tressel said he thought two teams also would put Ginn through the paces April 16.
A projected top-15 pick, Ginn sprained his left foot celebrating his 93-yard kickoff return for a touchdown in the BCS National Championship Game. He was not able to participate in drills at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis or at OSU's pro day March 10. He did not run at pro day in 2006 because of a hamstring injury.
Tressel said safety Jamario O'Neal, who like Ginn played for Glenville High School, trained with Ginn at Speed Strength Systems in Euclid last week during spring break.
``He said Teddy ran 4.37,'' Tressel said of Ginn's 40 time. ``That means Teddy was in a good jog or at least going three-quarters.''
Some might wonder what more Ginn needs to show. In three years, he caught 135 passes for 1,943 yards and 15 touchdowns, averaged 14.1 yards on 64 punt returns and 26.6 yards on 38 kickoff returns. He set the Big Ten record with six career punt returns for touchdowns and also had two on kickoffs.
``I think they want to be thorough and treat him like they treat everyone else, just make sure there's nothing they're missing,'' Tressel said. ``But they're certainly not going to worry about his 40 time. They'd like to get to know him more. People want to know how a young man responds after an injury. He'll be fine. He wants to make sure people see him, too.''

i hope he runs back so he falls to the second round. then we could pick him up with our early 2 rd pick. he could be the guy to stretch the field for us. right know we dont have anyone fast enough but maybe hakim but i dont know how good is handsare.

Wow, if he's already running a 4.3 then there's nothing to worry about....IMO he's our pick at 9 and I'd be way to scare to move down and still hope to get him...I know some people here don't like him but I keep thinking abnout what Bush did for NO last year and can't help but to think that he can help us like that too...he can line up anywhere and can score any time he touches the football....just what he can do in the return game would help our offence.....what do we need the most to win games? We need to score points.....who can we take at 9 that would help us score points more than Ginn would? Nobody....Ginn is my pick but of course that's just my opinion.

Ozzy rules!!

do you know what Cam can do wiht a man of htis nature and CC in the slot? its going to be DISGUSTING. we pursued Stall so bad so imagine how we r on ginns Jock.

GINN is/will be our #9 pick
i think we could still trade down a few spots to pick him up. but if quinn is availible at #9 and everyday it looks more possible, then we will take him. but if we take ginn then we could also pick up staton. another WR we could pick up probably in the early 2, might go end 1, is jarret or meachem. the would be good if we dont get ginn

It'll be the best playmaker we've had since Clayton and Duper were here....now imagine the defence paying attetion to Ginn and then we have CC out in the slot....just in case we have Booker too who had a solid season last year.......now the defence keeps paying attention to those WR's and we'll run Ronnie....of course for all of this to work we need better play from the QB spot.

Ozzy rules!!

i hope ginn runs well (like 4.35 or so) but not so well that his stock soars and someone takes him before us (like sub 4.3).

NFL scouts to watch Ginn on field April 11

Two teams to also view wide receiver April 16

By Marla Ridenour

Beacon Journal sportswriter

COLUMBUS - Junior flanker/kick returner Ted Ginn Jr. will work out for NFL scouts April 11 at Ohio State, coach Jim Tressel said Tuesday.
Tressel said he thought two teams also would put Ginn through the paces April 16.
A projected top-15 pick, Ginn sprained his left foot celebrating his 93-yard kickoff return for a touchdown in the BCS National Championship Game. He was not able to participate in drills at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis or at OSU's pro day March 10. He did not run at pro day in 2006 because of a hamstring injury.
Tressel said safety Jamario O'Neal, who like Ginn played for Glenville High School, trained with Ginn at Speed Strength Systems in Euclid last week during spring break.
``He said Teddy ran 4.37,'' Tressel said of Ginn's 40 time. ``That means Teddy was in a good jog or at least going three-quarters.''
Some might wonder what more Ginn needs to show. In three years, he caught 135 passes for 1,943 yards and 15 touchdowns, averaged 14.1 yards on 64 punt returns and 26.6 yards on 38 kickoff returns. He set the Big Ten record with six career punt returns for touchdowns and also had two on kickoffs.
``I think they want to be thorough and treat him like they treat everyone else, just make sure there's nothing they're missing,'' Tressel said. ``But they're certainly not going to worry about his 40 time. They'd like to get to know him more. People want to know how a young man responds after an injury. He'll be fine. He wants to make sure people see him, too.''

Had a feeling he was gonna wait until closer to the draft to get the "buzz" going..

Teddy meet Miami,Miami meet Teddy:dolphins:

10 days ago he was jogging with pain. Now he's running a 4.37 10 days on from only being able to jog? You're kidding me.

Being 30-60 pounds lighter than CJ, Meachem, and Bowe he had better be significantly faster than them. With CJ at 4.3, Meachem at 4.37 and Bowe at 4.4, Ginn may have to light it up to pass the latter two with the scouts. CJ goes first regardless. By the way the 4.37 noted is speculation from an friend/teammate he is training with, so don't jump the gun yet. If he does run a low 4.2, it's really going to screw up my thought process as I have mentally ruled him out. I can't stand waiting for the draft already!!!!!!

Wow, if he's already running a 4.3 then there's nothing to worry about....IMO he's our pick at 9 and I'd be way to scare to move down and still hope to get him...I know some people here don't like him but I keep thinking abnout what Bush did for NO last year and can't help but to think that he can help us like that too...he can line up anywhere and can score any time he touches the football....just what he can do in the return game would help our offence.....what do we need the most to win games? We need to score points.....who can we take at 9 that would help us score points more than Ginn would? Nobody....Ginn is my pick but of course that's just my opinion.

Ozzy rules!!

Ginn scored 15 tds as a wide receiver in 3 years...is that the player you want?
JARRETT HAD 41 TDs IN 3 YEARS ...NOW WHO TAKES IT TO THE HOUSE MORE???

Add the 6 punt return tds and 2 kickoff return tds in 3 years and you still only get( 23 tds in 3 years ) NOT QUITE THE PLAYMAKER EVERYONE IS MAKING HIM OUT TO BE!!!!

Add the 6 punt return tds and 2 kickoff return tds in 3 years and you still only get( 23 tds in 3 years ) NOT QUITE THE PLAYMAKER EVERYONE IS MAKING HIM OUT TO BE!!!!

He was on a great team and didn't need to score al the TD's.....not trying to put your guy down but I'm pretty sure that if they're both there we'll take Ginn.

Ozzy rules!!

Jarrett played in the Pac 10, the CB desert.

Back
Top Bottom