Ginn's & Beck's Big Hands | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ginn's & Beck's Big Hands

peter kin said beck had small hands
as for hands biggest hands i ever saw in person randy moss and orenda gadsen WOW! BOTH OF THEM
i remember when they had orande gadsens hands in the news paper....those were some BIG hands

but then again Beck didn't have Jake Long last year and Henne wasn't under center for one of the worst pro teams in the last 10 years..

Not saying fumbling hasn't been a problem for Beck. It has, as it has for hamhanded rookie Russell too. However more pertinently, Beck's most strident critics point to his "small hands" as the physical reality he's gonna have to live with and work around. Instead, the dispelling of this myth means that it's a problem well WITHIN Beck's power to work on and fix rather than having to compensate for.
How big were Cleo Lemon's hands? Perhaps that is why he outperformed John Beck with the same 'worst pro team' around him?

If John Beck wins the starting job in camp then great, but there is no reason to keep making excuses for how horribly he played last year. Cleo Lemon, a marginal NFL player at best, clearly outperformed him under the exact same circumstances.

How big were Cleo Lemon's hands? Perhaps that is why he outperformed John Beck with the same 'worst pro team' around him?

If John Beck wins the starting job in camp then great, but there is no reason to keep making excuses for how horribly he played last year. Cleo Lemon, a marginal NFL player at best, clearly outperformed him under the exact same circumstances.

hmmmmm.....:unsure:How is proving he's got bigger hands than Henne making excuses? It's actually taking away excuses for Beck.

And if 5 year vet and Brees understudy Lemon outperformed the rookie Beck then he therefore outperformed last draft's inflatable dirigible flavor of the year Russell too since Beck also outperformed him. And that's with the league's 6th best running attack. Any idea why Al didn't pull the trigger on Brohm, Flacco or Henne??

2duh40i-1.jpg

It's not the size of his hands, it's that his hands are full of ****.

It's not the size of his hands, it's that his hands are full of ****.

Some things are correctable.. then again after reading your post, I'd have to agree that there are some things beyond one's control to improve.

I was curious about the topic Beck/Henne being short at 6'2", and so I went on NFL.com and gathered a list of the heights of the Hall of Fame QB's who played in the 80's or later (NFL players have gotten bigger as the years have gone by, so didn't want older players on the list), and also included current QB's who I'd say have a good chance of going to the Hall of Fame....here is what I found:

Joe Montana 6'2" Brett Favre 6'2" Steve Young 6'2" John Elway 6'3" Terry Bradshaw 6'3" Warren Moon 6'3" Jim Kelly 6'3" Dan Fouts 6'3" Dan Marino 6'4" Tom Brady 6'4" Troy Aikman 6'4" Peyton Manning 6'5"
Average Height = 6'3"

I think Beck and Henne will be ok, as long as they can be a little mobile. One trend, I see is that the most classic drop-back QB's on this list (Aikman, Marino, Manning, Brady) are also the tallest on the list, while the shortest ones, Young, Montana, Favre, were very mobile QB's (Favre and Montana were very mobile in their earlier years for those that don't remember).

Of course we are talking a difference of one and two inches here. Like Warren Moon was a definite drop-back QB and he is listed as 6'3", I mean how big a difference doest that extra inch really make...anyhow, just thought I'd share. They don't list hand size on Nfl.com unfortunately (ha)...

Some things are correctable.. then again after reading your post, I'd have to agree that there are some things beyond one's control to improve.

Tiki Barber did it so he can do it too, let's hope he improves his ball security.

i don't think beck's fumble problems had as much to do with the size of his hands as the lack of preperation that he had. 3rd string at the beginning of the season doesn't get the same kind of reps first and second string do. The kid was a rookie. Let's see if he can improve before we equate his hands with wet spaghetti.

You know there is not a whole lot going on in the off-season, and/or a whole lot to report out of rookie camp when someone actually starts a thread like this and then people actually respond and argue. Honestly, I know it's a "measurable" so we can debate how much it means until we turn blue in the face, but the point is, I don't know of any solid stats showing that guys with smaller hands have an increased rate of fumbling. It guess its a reasonable assumption, but I think maybe some of us have just run out of $H!T to talk about......

yea ppl are going over the top with this fumbling crap. relax and see what a difference a year and preparation will make

I was wondering how big thier hands were since I had heard they both had small hands. Thanks. How big were CP's, does anyone know?

A little bit info

After making Michigan lineman Jake Long the No. 1 overall draft choice last week, Dolphins executive vice president Bill Parcells reflected on a previous time his team had the top choice, the Patriots in 1993, and set the record straight. "We were deciding between Rick Mirer and Drew Bledsoe and there has since been some publicity over the years that I wanted Rick Mirer," Parcells said. "That is incorrect. One of the main considerations was that Drew was three years younger to start with. We were projecting where he would be at 23 years old, as opposed to Mirer at 26. I think history shows we made the right choice."

and now lets finish it by sayin henne never had a fumbling problem at michigan while beck was worse then c pep last year, so what does this mean ....NOTHING

How was Beck at BYU? THAT is the fair comparison. I don't recall Beck having the problem during preseason either.
He had the problem for 2 games. I think Beck, being the conscientious guy that he is probably placed too much pressure on himself to carry this team after the season had slipped away. I believe he was a little tight in those games and has NOTHING to do with the size of his hands or in any way,indicative of a fumbling problem.
I didn't realize that a rookie's career could be prognosticated simply on the basis of 2-3 games. :rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom