Good article- ACC vs Big East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good article- ACC vs Big East

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
The Big East is the deepest conference but the ACC's top 4 is better then the Big East's top 4!
Don't be so sure about that. UCONN, BC, SU, and Pitt/ND would match up very well vs UNC, Duke, WF, and GT.

UNC-UCONN tomorrow will prove that.

BE is 6-1 head to head vs ACC this year. Why anyone thinks the ACC's top 4 would just beat up on BE's top 4 is beyond me.

MikeO said:
Don't be so sure about that. UCONN, BC, SU, and Pitt/ND would match up very well vs UNC, Duke, WF, and GT.

BE is 6-1 head to head vs ACC this year. Why anyone thinks the ACC's top 4 would just beat up on BE's top 4 is beyond me.

yes the BE is 6-1 against the ACC, 5 of the 6 games have been at BE arenas and the 6 games that were lost were by Clemson(twice), NC State(twice), UVa and va Tech. Those 4 swchools have a combined 14 wins in the ACC and not one of them is even at .500.

The BE has more NCAA quality teams for the main reason that they have many more teams. The ACC is better 1-6, the ACC has maybe 3-4 legit FF contenders(if duke can improve a little and if tech gets back to being themselves now that they are healthy) while the BE has NONE. I thouhgt maybe Su was FF material but they have proven that they are not at this point but they are the only team I could see working themsleevs back up to a FF caliber team. BC? No, theyhad a weak non conf sched and beat up on the weak BE teams. ND? :lol: SU? maybe, UConn? no. Villanove? have 1st rd exit written all over them, Georgetown? :lol: The ACC is not nearly as good as it should have been w/ Ga Tech, MD and State struggling but they are still better than the BE.

You say no Big East team is FF material. LOL........Is Duke? LOL Is GT? LOL

Duke is 5 guys and 5 walk-on's. They have zero depth and won't make it to the Final Four, sorry to burst your bubble.

Come on. The ACC's top teams are OVERRATED! Period. Bottom line. End of story. If UNC walks into UCONN today and wins, great. Good for them. Especially since UCONN doesn't have its leading scorer playing.

But to say the ACC has a bunch of Final Four teams and the Big East has none, its laughable!

You say no Big East team is FF material. LOL........Is Duke? LOL Is GT? LOL

no I don't but believe duke is but Tech when healthy obviosuly is b/c they have 98% of the team from last year that made the nat'l Title game.

Come on. The ACC's top teams are OVERRATED! Period. Bottom line. End of story. If UNC walks into UCONN today and wins, great. Good for them. Especially since UCONN doesn't have its leading scorer playing.

Those 2 are overrated yet the BE teams are underrated, right? :rolleyes: Come on, none of the BE teams can beat the big boys in the ACC on a neutral floor, maybe they could spring the upset at home but not at an ACC team or on a neutral floor. Name me the teamt hat has more talent than Carolina?

But to say the ACC has a bunch of Final Four teams and the Big East has none, its laughable!

No it's not, at least 2 are definitely FF worthy and will most likely be #1 seeds and Tech and Duke and even Md can possibly play their way up to a FF level while the only BE team that can do that is SU and right now they aren't playing like a FF team.

it's interesting how we were having this discussion early on and you abandoned that argument as the BE struggled in non-conf and the ACC thrived but now in conf play when the BE schools get to beat up on all the crappy teams in that league(they have alot of good teams but b/c they have so many schools they also have alot of bad teams) and pad their record while the ACC beats up on each other and their records take a bit of a hit you are here to argue once again. :shakeno:

By the way, in your post yesterday you wrote:

Then today you begin to make excuses for UConn not having their leading scorer. Which is it? You can't use the injury as an ecuse when ysterday you were all but guaranteeing a victory by UConn. By the way, 2 years ago the heels were w/o Sean May and started Freshman Byron Sanders in his place and beat a top 10 UConn team.

1) I didn't know YESTERDAY that UCONN's leading scorer was out. And your built in excuse is weak. Of on a "neutral court". Saying that today's game doesn't count since its IN Uconn. :shakeno: Typical weak *** sissy ACC style of excuse.

2) The Big East has crappy teams? LOL.. The ACC has nothing at the bottom. Clemson sucks. UVA sucks! NC State sucks! VT....Miami...they still suck.
The bottom of the Big East is far stronger.

3) I wasn't going to argue this all year. Back in Nov/Dec almost no games were played. I said back then, lets have some games play out and take this back up. With March almost here....now is a good time for this debate to pick back up.

Keep knocking the BIG EAST. 6-1 vs ACC this year. BACK TO BACK National Champs! To be the conference, you must BEAT the conference! :lol:

1) I didn't know YESTERDAY that UCONN's leading scorer was out. And your built in excuse is weak. Of on a "neutral court". Saying that today's game doesn't count since its IN Uconn. Typical weak *** sissy ACC style of excuse.

Carolina didn't need an excuse when we beat UConn w/ Sean May hurt and Byron Sanders playing most of the game against Emeka Okafor 2 years ago so they don't get the injury excuse today.

2) The Big East has crappy teams? LOL.. The ACC has nothing at the bottom. Clemson sucks. UVA sucks! NC State sucks! VT....Miami...they still suck.

Clemson is dangerous at home, UVa sucks this year, State sucks this year, Miami is growing.

3) I wasn't going to argue this all year. Back in Nov/Dec almost no games were played. I said back then, lets have some games play out and take this back up. With March almost here....now is a good time for this debate to pick back up.

That's when the bulk of the non-conf games are played, weak argument.

By the way, another poor performance by the Heels today but they pulled away midway through the 2nd half and beat one of the best BE teams on the road. The game has been determined for a while and UConn is making it look closer by getting some garbage time points but it was just double digits a minute ago.

FINAL SCORE UNC 77 UConn 70

The first matchup of upper ecehlon teams from both conferences goes to the ACC!

UNC was good yesterday. I Still think the ACC is overrated.

We will see on Selection Sunday how many teams from the ACC actually get in. I don't think its gonna be as many as you guys think.

MikeO said:
UNC was good yesterday. I Still think the ACC is overrated.

We will see on Selection Sunday how many teams from the ACC actually get in. I don't think its gonna be as many as you guys think.

I agree the ACC is overrated from where the expectations were before the year but I also still think it's the best conference mainly b/c of the teams at the top. I expect 5 teams to make the Tourney from the ACC, before the season I expected 6.

The Heels weren't that good yesterday, they were horrible int he first half but played much better in the 2nd. Overall they were ok, far from the best they can play but a big bounce back win after the L to duke.

nyjunc said:
I agree the ACC is overrated from where the expectations were before the year but I also still think it's the best conference mainly b/c of the teams at the top. I expect 5 teams to make the Tourney from the ACC, before the season I expected 6.

The Heels weren't that good yesterday, they were horrible int he first half but played much better in the 2nd. Overall they were ok, far from the best they can play but a big bounce back win after the L to duke.
I agree with that. Considering UCONN was without their leading scorer they probably should have won by more than 7.

5 from the ACC. 7 from the Big East in the tourney.

I think the Big East will have two "2" seeds in BC and Syracuse. The ACC should have at least one "1' seed (UNC) and probably two "2" seeds (WF and Duke).

Although if the wheels fall of Duke here in the final weeks like I think is possible, they could fall to a 3 seed.

I agree with that. Considering UCONN was without their leading scorer they probably should have won by more than 7.

In reality it was a bigger win than 7, it was over for a while but UConn hit some meaningless garbage time shots in the final minute. UConn is a good team and if they can get some good G play thye can be dangerous, I still think they are a year away from being a title contender but they will not be an easy out in March.

5 from the ACC. 7 from the Big East in the tourney.

Probably.

I think the Big East will have two "2" seeds in BC and Syracuse. The ACC should have at least one "1' seed (UNC) and probably two "2" seeds (WF and Duke).

There is a very good chance the ACC has 2 #1 seeds(UNC and Wake), I could see duke falling to a 3 w/ their tough sched in the next few weeks and I see MD as a 5 or 6 and Tech as a 6-8(Tech will be tougher come March).

In the BE I see BC as a 3(they'll lose a few down the stretch), SU as a 2 or 3, GU as a 5, Pitt a 4, ND an 8/9, Villanova a 6.

BC with anywhere from 1-3 losses entering the tourney won't be a 3 seed.

MikeO said:
BC with anywhere from 1-3 losses entering the tourney won't be a 3 seed.

They played an absolute creampuff non-conf sched(which is the main reason they only have 1 loss), the BE will drive their SOS up but I expect at least 2-3 more losses and they weight the last 10 games heavily so to go 6-4 or 7-3 in the last 10 is not great and will push them back to a 3.

Back
Top Bottom