Goodell pressuring Miami to make stadium renovations before getting a Superbowl again | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodell pressuring Miami to make stadium renovations before getting a Superbowl again

and to think that London is being speculated as a future SB site... oh and it just happens to be -4 here at the moment.

taxpayers should not be footing the bill for a bunch of millionaires and billionaires. The one thing I truly hate about sports. Its like they are the only industry where they feel the taxpayers should insure they always make a profit. With all of the money that football generates for itself they could fund their own stadiums which they should.

The Cubans on the Miami Dade City/County Commission are easily bribable...

The Marlins stadium is gonna end up costing the taxpayers of Miami Dade some $2.5 billion over the next 40 years...

Corporate welfare is ok to these owners but helping ordinary folks...not so much...

I hate it when I see someone classify people, and bunch them by their nationality , the Italians, the Irish, now the Cubans...amazing. :rolleyes2:

Is Sunlife really that bad?..For the 1st time in my 37 years this past year i was in Ft Lauderdale and caught a Marlins game..The stadium didnt look that bad to me and im in the commercial construction industry.

Guess you guys havent seen Bills stadium?..Wow its bad!!

I can definitely see when they play football in the stadium that you are not as close as a Regular Football stadium seats you though.

They have to renovate the lowerbowl to get it configured to Football specs (closer to the field). If this pushes them to do it, I'm all for it.

I think the team that has the best overall record after winning the AFC or NFC Championship game should host the SB. The fans of this team should also get 50% of the tickets...even if they have to put the game in Green Bay. It's football....why do teams play in crappy weather in December and January, but the SB has to be in either a warm weather city or indoors?

Not to mention in Dallas last year the streets were iced over, this year it's cold in Indy also. The Super Bowl experience is also about the the experience of the entire week of the fans fortunate enough to attend, not only the big game.

I'd much rather be watching eye candy on the beaches of SFLA than freezing my azz off in a city with a dome. Wake up Goddell!

It's actually been really nice in Indy. 60 degrees

P.S I rather be snowed on than rained on

We're probably gunning for Manning in an attempt to win now/sell lots of tickets/make lots of $$$ to build a new stadium with.

He originally used the weather excuse, but then the league approved a Super Bowl up in New Jersey at Giants Stadium and the weather could be even worse than during our last Super Bowl.

Goodell is is a buffoon.

He's Robert Krafts' lap dog

Two ways I see this stadium thing shaking out...
First one is Ross renovating the stadium and dropping the field about six or ten feet and adding more seating and put the fans closer to the action, thus giving it a more intimidating atmosphere to play in for opponents.

Second, is to build a new one and Ross will split the cost with the tax payers using a sin tax on beer and smokes to help pay for it. Who cares if you pay an extra 50 cents for smokes or a six pack if you can enjoy a brand new stadium.

I think the team that has the best overall record after winning the AFC or NFC Championship game should host the SB. The fans of this team should also get 50% of the tickets...even if they have to put the game in Green Bay. It's football....why do teams play in crappy weather in December and January, but the SB has to be in either a warm weather city or indoors?

Yeah, the way they do it now has been such a failure that they should do that...

Two ways I see this stadium thing shaking out...
First one is Ross renovating the stadium and dropping the field about six or ten feet and adding more seating and put the fans closer to the action, thus giving it a more intimidating atmosphere to play in for opponents.

Second, is to build a new one and Ross will split the cost with the tax payers using a sin tax on beer and smokes to help pay for it. Who cares if you pay an extra 50 cents for smokes or a six pack if you can enjoy a brand new stadium.

The problem is you are charging people that will never be in the stadium that money. I dont support taxpayers paying for a stadium that they make no money from. Now if the dolphins and stadiums profits are paid back to taxpayers that is a different story but that never happens

Back
Top Bottom