Greg Robinson Going Pro?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Hayden Fox, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Joe Schad@schadjoe8m
    Auburn OT Greg Robinson (RSO) said NFL projection 1st round. Doesn't want to hurt his teammates but said helping Mom is big factor.

Very interesting player that could help Miami. Very athletic kid.

2. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Bring him in on the Gus Bus.

3. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

He'll wait until after the bowl game to decide. If they win I'd say it's a certainty.

4. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

I'd be ok with Robinson, Lewan or Erving at LT. We need to get that spot nailed down or Tannehill is going to get killed. I think we could end up taking a couple O-lineman in the first five picks.

5. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

There aren't too many OT's who can move and maul the way Robinson does. I think he'll be the 2nd OT off the board, and he has more upside than Matthews.

6. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

Ireland will pass on him for someone like Antonio Richardson who's not a fit or very good IMO.

Anyway, I think he announces after the bowl game...most recruiting sites speculate he declares.

7. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

strike while the iron is hot, and with only Lewan and Matthews being sure fire first rounders he will make a lot of money. Probably ahead of Lewan on most boards (but I think all 3 are REALLY good on the next level)

8. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

Mmm, there are probably 6 1st rd O lineman.

9. futurescout

futurescout Well-Known Member

IMO he may be a better fit at LG.. Hard to tell because their QB is actually a corner so he rarely gets the chance to pass protect. Having said that he is CLEARLY the best offensive lineman in this drat not named Jake Matthews

10. finsfanjay13

finsfanjay13 Rookie Donator

His stock is pretty damn high. Might as well.

11. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Matthews, Lewan, Irving, Robinson, and Antonio Richardson are more than likely. Cyrus Kuandijo despite a rough year is probably in as well if he declares. Then you have guys like Zack Martin, Cyril Richardson, La'el Collins (if he declares), Gabe Jackson, Xavier Su'a-Filo (if he declares), and David Yankey who all could grade near round 1

12. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

Ok. I read your other post as only 2 linemen in the first. My bad.

13. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

I believe Greg Robinson is the best offensive tackle in this class. He'll be the #1 offensive tackle on my board if he declares. He's not far from being the #1 prospect on my board. I don't think people realize exactly how good of a player he is. This is a rare talent. He's only scratching the surface of what he'll be. He's literally perfect in his run blocking in my opinion.... as a redshirt sophomore. Dominant player.

14. ProStyle

ProStyle Banned Hammered

Road grader but raw af, is this his 1st year playing football?

15. TedSlimmJr

He's a little raw in pass protection, but this is also only his 4th year playing offensive line going back to his Junior year of high school. He's a defensive line convert... just like Cameron Erving of Florida St. He started last year for Auburn as a redshirt freshman at left tackle all season.

He's not asked to pass protect much in Auburn's offense, but the upside is evident to me. I've only seen him give up one sack all season and that was to Adrian Hubbard against Alabama. Although he's not asked to pass protect as much as some other tackles, I think he displays extremely good lower body flexibility and technique in his deep set.

There's no doubt in my mind that he's the best pure run blocker at his position that I've seen in college football. He plays with tremendous pad level and aggressive getting into a defender's body and driving them off the football. Just over and over and over again. I watch him down block defenders clean to the ground. It's pretty much routine, and I'm talking about good players he does this to. I watched him drive Jeoffrey Pagan 5 yards off the line of scrimmage on Nick Marshall's 45 yard TD run against Bama.

All he needs are reps in pass protection to polish up. The athleticism and talent is there. He's not as polished as Jake Matthews in his pass sets as far as technique, because he's not asked to do it 40 times a game the way Matthews is. I watched Jake Matthews get worked over against Auburn (Dee Ford)....giving up pressure.... sacks on 3rd down, etc.

I've long been a buyer on Greg Robinson. I see it with my own eyes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  16. TedSlimmJr

Greg was supposed to come to Alabama. We recruited him hard. Unfortunately, he didn't sign because we managed to give Arie Kouandjio a scholarship as part of a package deal to get Cyrus.... and Arie has a long ways to go. Struggles a lot in pass protection and with penalties. I think some of that is why Cyrus has struggled this year also.... trying to help out little brother next to him. Arie isn't exactly Chance Warmack.....

17. futurescout

I have him #8 overall here: http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?350360-Nfl-draft-big-board-top-32

I think he might even project better as a LG than LT. Not because he is a liability in pass pro, but because he is such a dominant run blocker.

18. TedSlimmJr

He reminds me of a more athletic Marcus McNeill or Kendall Simmons coming out of Auburn. Simmons was also a former defensive line convert. He looks a lot like both wearing their old number too.

Robinson is much better than they were at a similar stage in their careers though.

19. ProStyle

ProStyle Banned Hammered

My concern is that he is slow in pass pro and susceptible to ordinary speed rush. If he played at any other program I'd say he'd benefit from staying in school one more year, but not at Auburn.

20. futurescout

what do you think of projection to guard? Like I said I have him at #8 now, I think he is a really, really good tackle, but I think he could be an even better guard. Just my opinion.

21. TedSlimmJr

I can certainly see the LG projection. I like it. His style of play and physical skillset is pure for a left guard. If he had come to Alabama he'd be playing left guard right now, but he'd also be our best offensive lineman. I think he's the best offensive lineman in the college football.

His initial punch on contact in pass sets immediately jolts and stuns a defender unlike anything they're used to. It's really is extremely rare. I don't think he's had enough reps in pass protection to learn how to use his feet to mirror yet. It's something that you'll certainly evaluate in a private workout if you're a team interested in drafting him. Right now he gets by in pass protection on pure athleticism and reflex.

22. j-off-her-doll

On the first TD tonight, Robinson got out in space and absolutely demolished a DB.

23. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

everyone here watching the game saw that as well, and it was followed up by a earth shattering roar... that was a effing block!

24. hoops

hoops exited stage left

that wasn't just a block...it was 20 yards downfield in space and an athlete folks...that kids really athletic...i think he's gonna shred the combine if he comes out and not get to us...good feet has some things in pass pro he needs to shore up and they ask him to down block a lot so i wonder if he can blow some assignments in an o like ours but i'm sold...thats high end talent

i think given how he run blocks he would make a murderous left guard but if he shores up a few things in pass pro i dont see why thats not a high end left tackle also...

doubt it sniffs us

25. EJay

EJay Scout Team

I really like Robinson. That TD play others pointed out was a great example how versatile and athletic he seems to be. If he comes out, I'd be in favor of trading up for the kid. He could probably play any position on the line, other than center. If they somehow managed to sign Mack as a FA from Cleveland, move Pouncey to guard, and draft Robinson, they'd have the makings of a nice o-line.

26. j-off-her-doll

To me, he's like Clady and Fluker in one.

27. tl77

tl77 Too high to fail

He just declared for the draft. He really intrigues me. I haven't gotten up to speed yet on a lot of the mock drafts, is he someone that will possibly be avail at 19 or would it take trading up?

28. Canadi-Phin

Canadi-Phin I hate everyone else in the AFC East

I love to go Auburn in the first two rounds.

Greg Robinson and then Tre Mason.

Instant improvement. I don't think either makes it to where we pick.

29. hoops

hoops exited stage left

did mason declare also???

30. tl77

tl77 Too high to fail

no not yet, last he said was in post game conference last night saying his emotions were too high to make a decision.

31. Canadi-Phin

Canadi-Phin I hate everyone else in the AFC East

Sorry wishful thinking. Those two studs on our team with what we already have plus some FA and maybe a guard in the 3rd. Gets me excited thinking about it, which means it would never happen.

32. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i'm thinking he's the 2nd tackle off the board after jake matthews...but it may come down to scheme preference...

33. j-off-her-doll

Mason has some Ray Rice to him.

34. Namor

Namor Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

Mason has declared.

35. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

Mason's stock won't be any higher coming off that huge game against a talented defense.

36. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

Tre Mason was no secret. He had 1002 yards rushing last year with only 6 starts...this year he blew Auburn records out of the water, including those set by Bo Jackson. He averaged more yards per carry in a more conventional offense last year which also helps his case. I'm not sure he's 5'10" like he's listed though...he looks closer to 5'8" to me.

37. Dolphin Dave

Dolphin Dave Scout Team

Being shorter helps Mason. He can get lost behind those big lineman and pop out before the defense can react. Would absolutely love to have both of them.

38. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

I didn't say he was any secret, but he just came off something like 200 yards against a highly talented defense in the national championship game. So a clutch performance against a good defense on the biggest stage in college; his stock is as high as it can get.