Greg Robinson Going Pro? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Robinson Going Pro?

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
Joe Schad@schadjoe8m
Auburn OT Greg Robinson (RSO) said NFL projection 1st round. Doesn't want to hurt his teammates but said helping Mom is big factor.

Very interesting player that could help Miami. Very athletic kid.

I'd be ok with Robinson, Lewan or Erving at LT. We need to get that spot nailed down or Tannehill is going to get killed. I think we could end up taking a couple O-lineman in the first five picks.

There aren't too many OT's who can move and maul the way Robinson does. I think he'll be the 2nd OT off the board, and he has more upside than Matthews.

Ireland will pass on him for someone like Antonio Richardson who's not a fit or very good IMO.

Anyway, I think he announces after the bowl game...most recruiting sites speculate he declares.

strike while the iron is hot, and with only Lewan and Matthews being sure fire first rounders he will make a lot of money. Probably ahead of Lewan on most boards (but I think all 3 are REALLY good on the next level)

strike while the iron is hot, and with only Lewan and Matthews being sure fire first rounders he will make a lot of money. Probably ahead of Lewan on most boards (but I think all 3 are REALLY good on the next level)

Mmm, there are probably 6 1st rd O lineman.

IMO he may be a better fit at LG.. Hard to tell because their QB is actually a corner so he rarely gets the chance to pass protect. Having said that he is CLEARLY the best offensive lineman in this drat not named Jake Matthews

Mmm, there are probably 6 1st rd O lineman.

Matthews, Lewan, Irving, Robinson, and Antonio Richardson are more than likely. Cyrus Kuandijo despite a rough year is probably in as well if he declares. Then you have guys like Zack Martin, Cyril Richardson, La'el Collins (if he declares), Gabe Jackson, Xavier Su'a-Filo (if he declares), and David Yankey who all could grade near round 1

Matthews, Lewan, Irving, Robinson, and Antonio Richardson are more than likely. Cyrus Kuandijo despite a rough year is probably in as well if he declares. Then you have guys like Zack Martin, Cyril Richardson, La'el Collins (if he declares), Gabe Jackson, Xavier Su'a-Filo (if he declares), and David Yankey who all could grade near round 1

Ok. I read your other post as only 2 linemen in the first. My bad.

I believe Greg Robinson is the best offensive tackle in this class. He'll be the #1 offensive tackle on my board if he declares. He's not far from being the #1 prospect on my board. I don't think people realize exactly how good of a player he is. This is a rare talent. He's only scratching the surface of what he'll be. He's literally perfect in his run blocking in my opinion.... as a redshirt sophomore. Dominant player.

Road grader but raw af, is this his 1st year playing football?

He's a little raw in pass protection, but this is also only his 4th year playing offensive line going back to his Junior year of high school. He's a defensive line convert... just like Cameron Erving of Florida St. He started last year for Auburn as a redshirt freshman at left tackle all season.

He's not asked to pass protect much in Auburn's offense, but the upside is evident to me. I've only seen him give up one sack all season and that was to Adrian Hubbard against Alabama. Although he's not asked to pass protect as much as some other tackles, I think he displays extremely good lower body flexibility and technique in his deep set.

There's no doubt in my mind that he's the best pure run blocker at his position that I've seen in college football. He plays with tremendous pad level and aggressive getting into a defender's body and driving them off the football. Just over and over and over again. I watch him down block defenders clean to the ground. It's pretty much routine, and I'm talking about good players he does this to. I watched him drive Jeoffrey Pagan 5 yards off the line of scrimmage on Nick Marshall's 45 yard TD run against Bama.

All he needs are reps in pass protection to polish up. The athleticism and talent is there. He's not as polished as Jake Matthews in his pass sets as far as technique, because he's not asked to do it 40 times a game the way Matthews is. I watched Jake Matthews get worked over against Auburn (Dee Ford)....giving up pressure.... sacks on 3rd down, etc.

I've long been a buyer on Greg Robinson. I see it with my own eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom