Greg Robinson Going Pro? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Robinson Going Pro?

Greg was supposed to come to Alabama. We recruited him hard. Unfortunately, he didn't sign because we managed to give Arie Kouandjio a scholarship as part of a package deal to get Cyrus.... and Arie has a long ways to go. Struggles a lot in pass protection and with penalties. I think some of that is why Cyrus has struggled this year also.... trying to help out little brother next to him. Arie isn't exactly Chance Warmack.....

I believe Greg Robinson is the best offensive tackle in this class. He'll be the #1 offensive tackle on my board if he declares. He's not far from being the #1 prospect on my board. I don't think people realize exactly how good of a player he is. This is a rare talent. He's only scratching the surface of what he'll be. He's literally perfect in his run blocking in my opinion.... as a redshirt sophomore. Dominant player.

I have him #8 overall here: http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?350360-Nfl-draft-big-board-top-32

I think he might even project better as a LG than LT. Not because he is a liability in pass pro, but because he is such a dominant run blocker.

He reminds me of a more athletic Marcus McNeill or Kendall Simmons coming out of Auburn. Simmons was also a former defensive line convert. He looks a lot like both wearing their old number too.

Robinson is much better than they were at a similar stage in their careers though.

My concern is that he is slow in pass pro and susceptible to ordinary speed rush. If he played at any other program I'd say he'd benefit from staying in school one more year, but not at Auburn.

He reminds me of a more athletic Marcus McNeill or Kendall Simmons coming out of Auburn. Simmons was also a former defensive line convert. He looks a lot like both wearing their old number too.

Robinson is much better than they were at a similar stage in their careers though.

what do you think of projection to guard? Like I said I have him at #8 now, I think he is a really, really good tackle, but I think he could be an even better guard. Just my opinion.

what do you think of projection to guard? Like I said I have him at #8 now, I think he is a really, really good tackle, but I think he could be an even better guard. Just my opinion.

I can certainly see the LG projection. I like it. His style of play and physical skillset is pure for a left guard. If he had come to Alabama he'd be playing left guard right now, but he'd also be our best offensive lineman. I think he's the best offensive lineman in the college football.

His initial punch on contact in pass sets immediately jolts and stuns a defender unlike anything they're used to. It's really is extremely rare. I don't think he's had enough reps in pass protection to learn how to use his feet to mirror yet. It's something that you'll certainly evaluate in a private workout if you're a team interested in drafting him. Right now he gets by in pass protection on pure athleticism and reflex.

that wasn't just a block...it was 20 yards downfield in space and an athlete folks...that kids really athletic...i think he's gonna shred the combine if he comes out and not get to us...good feet has some things in pass pro he needs to shore up and they ask him to down block a lot so i wonder if he can blow some assignments in an o like ours but i'm sold...thats high end talent

i think given how he run blocks he would make a murderous left guard but if he shores up a few things in pass pro i dont see why thats not a high end left tackle also...

doubt it sniffs us

I really like Robinson. That TD play others pointed out was a great example how versatile and athletic he seems to be. If he comes out, I'd be in favor of trading up for the kid. He could probably play any position on the line, other than center. If they somehow managed to sign Mack as a FA from Cleveland, move Pouncey to guard, and draft Robinson, they'd have the makings of a nice o-line.

He just declared for the draft. He really intrigues me. I haven't gotten up to speed yet on a lot of the mock drafts, is he someone that will possibly be avail at 19 or would it take trading up?

I love to go Auburn in the first two rounds.

Greg Robinson and then Tre Mason.

Instant improvement. I don't think either makes it to where we pick.

Back
Top Bottom