Gripe: Statistical Posters | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gripe: Statistical Posters

The Samurai

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Who cares if you have 10 million posts. Only about a third of them are contributory to the site. Why must posters feel that they have to let the FH community know when they reach 10k, 30k and so on? When they do this it just prove that they post just for the stat count. :tantrum:

Anybody feel me?

They're called milestones.
I, for one, don't post for the "post count" ... but you betcha I'll start a thread when I reach 20k... but then, I've been here a looooong time to get that far.
Not really sure why it bothers you so much... just don't go in those threads, it's not like they're cluttering up the board. :wink:

WharfRat said:
They're called milestones.
I, for one, don't post for the "post count" ... but you betcha I'll start a thread when I reach 20k... but then, I've been here a looooong time to get that far.
Not really sure why it bothers you so much... just don't go in those threads, it's not like they're cluttering up the board. :wink:
:yeahthat: and if you see them just dont click them if you dont like them...

The Samurai said:
Who cares if you have 10 million posts. Only about a third of them are contributory to the site. Why must posters feel that they have to let the FH community know when they reach 10k, 30k and so on? When they do this it just prove that they post just for the stat count. :tantrum:

Anybody feel me?

They do it for the same reason you posted about them

They feel what they have to say and what they have said is important, and they are proud

In addition to what has been said, I assure you that not everyone with a weighty post count has accomplished it with a bunch of "me too" or "yeah, that" sorts of posts. I know I'm in the top 10, and I invite the OP or anyone else who doubts it to look at my body of work. Much of it was done in the PoFo, and you don't get by with posting anything insubstantial around there for very long.

I didnt start a thread for my 10.000 th post and I wont for my 20.000 th post.Different strokes for different folks.Members have the freedom to celebrate they way they want.

Its true that some members make an effort to raise their post number artificially in an effort to gain some respect but in the final analysis you are respected by the content of the posts not by the number of them IMO.

Jimmy James is a good example.

..and then you have your d-days who just whore it up until the early morning sun. :chuckle:

HysterikiLL said:
..and then you have your d-days who just whore it up until the early morning sun. :chuckle:

:lol: d-days 20,000th post extravaganza coming soon to a lounge near you...

^I don't believe you. D-Day was born with a 5, 000 post head start.

Hey!!! NJ's 12,284 post party!

7_4_13-1.gif

CrunchTime said:
I didnt start a thread for my 10.000 th post and I wont for my 20.000 th post.Different strokes for different folks.Members have the freedom to celebrate they way they want.

Its true that some members make an effort to raise their post number artificially in an effort to gain some respect but in the final analysis you are respected by the content of the posts not by the number of them IMO.

Jimmy James is a good example.

True, JJ isn't respected for either of those criteria j/k:lol:

zachseau13 said:
True, JJ isn't respected for either of those criteria j/k:lol:

You are right.It could be interpreted either way.I should have finished the sentence.:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom