Guys, your honest opinion.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guys, your honest opinion....

PatsSuck456 said:
Take off the beer goggles BZ, anyone can see Chad cant stay healthy for a full season, and then you will be playing musical QBs.

Like musical chairs....except in Musical chairs someone always wins....we cant say that for the Jets :wink:

To put anyone (Other than NE) in front of us is crazy

A Wing Pilot said:
Its draw dropping

:sidelol: Does this mean Daunte makes you want to drop your pants -- and you don't know how to spell drawer -- or did you mean "jaw dropping" and just can't type, spell or proofread -- or did you mean some weird Finlander code for "awesome"?

BwanaZulia said:
Better question would be to rank them, from most to least.

1) Patriots - Brady is healthy and back. Nuff said.
2) Jets - Chad is getting healthy, knows the players, will fit in.
3) Dolphins - Daunte & Joey, both new and Daunte is getting healthy
4) Bills - Do they have a QB? :)

BZ

Sorry, Bwana, but the Bills have three healthy QBs, although only 2 are really in the hunt to be the starter, so it's:

1) Pats - sad, but true! :barf:

2) Bills - it's either Losman or Holcomb, and I think Losman not only takes the starting job, he shines!

3) Jets - if Penney's healthy, he's the starter and a good one, and then the Jets leap over the Bills for stability, but that shoulder's still a big ?

4) Dolphins - Culpepper's knee injury was horrific, and I think him being ready by the start of the season is overly optomistic, even though he's been declared the starter. If the Fish had anybody else but Harrington as backup QB, they would be tied with the Jets, but I think that Joey is simply a waste of roster space (no offense, FishFans, I hated him in Detroit, too. He reminds me of my least favorite Bills QB of all time, Rob Johnson, another waste of roster space!). Even Rosenfels would have been a better choice for a backup, and there are some decent FA QBs still out there. If by some miracle attributable to the late John Paul II or a once-in-10,000 years convergence of the sun, moon, and planets, Joey Harrington actually resembles a decent NFL QB, then the Fish face the problem of when to start Daunte -- and dealing with somebody's unhappiness at not starting.

Kinzua said:
Sorry, Bwana, but the Bills have three healthy QBs, although only 2 are really in the hunt to be the starter, so it's:

1) Pats - sad, but true! :barf:

2) Bills - it's either Losman or Holcomb, and I think Losman not only takes the starting job, he shines!

3) Jets - if Penney's healthy, he's the starter and a good one, and then the Jets leap over the Bills for stability, but that shoulder's still a big ?

4) Dolphins - Culpepper's knee injury was horrific, and I think him being ready by the start of the season is overly optomistic, even though he's been declared the starter. If the Fish had anybody else but Harrington as backup QB, they would be tied with the Jets, but I think that Joey is simply a waste of roster space (no offense, FishFans, I hated him in Detroit, too. He reminds me of my least favorite Bills QB of all time, Rob Johnson, another waste of roster space!). Even Rosenfels would have been a better choice for a backup, and there are some decent FA QBs still out there. If by some miracle attributable to the late John Paul II or a once-in-10,000 years convergence of the sun, moon, and planets, Joey Harrington actually resembles a decent NFL QB, then the Fish face the problem of when to start Daunte -- and dealing with somebody's unhappiness at not starting.

And you call us homers? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Get a clue man. Everybody knows the Bills are last on the list. Just because you have two average QB's doesn't mean ****you are in fine standings. Culpepper is way better then them when he is healthy and so in Pennington. Hell, I'd even take Ramsey over Losman and Holcomb at this point right now. That just shows that you don't know **** about our players when you said dealing with unhappiness. Every team has players that aren't happy because they aren't on the field. Harrington even said it himself that he is fine with being the backup to Culpepper and if that means he only has to take two snaps, then he's ok with that.

RonnieB23 said:
Ok, somebody didn't get it, he said most stable, as in reliable. As of now i'm not going to put Daunte ahead of Chad, but I will put Joey in front of Ramsey because he has way more starting experience.

Stable?

Meaning Daunte's performance last year (7 TDs, 12 Ints) or his injury? How does that make Miami more stable?

BZ

Kinzua said:

Isn't that same stuff Bills fans said last year and the year before that?

How many years do you need to see that the experiment is over?

BZ

PatsSuck456 said:
Take off the beer goggles BZ, anyone can see Chad cant stay healthy for a full season, and then you will be playing musical QBs.

And how is that any worse than your musical QBs last year? Or the year before that?

Both Daunte and Chad are coming back from major injuries.

Both Daunte and Chad have had good seasons (not not last season).

But... Duante is new to his team (new WRs, RB, etc, etc, etc) while Chad has played there before.

That makes the Jets situation, be it ever so slightly, more stable.

BZ

BwanaZulia said:

BZ

Give me Bollinger before Losman :lol:

As for Daunte and Chad

Chad is a game manager, Daunte is the kind of guy that will carry your team passing the ball, but thats not the issue

Chad has been injured multiple times, and has an injury history, Culpepper had one unfortunate thing happen, Id say Chad is way more Injury prone.

BwanaZulia said:
And how is that any worse than your musical QBs last year? Or the year before that?

Both Daunte and Chad are coming back from major injuries.

Both Daunte and Chad have had good seasons (not not last season).

But... Duante is new to his team (new WRs, RB, etc, etc, etc) while Chad has played there before.

That makes the Jets situation, be it ever so slightly, more stable.

BZ

I guess I can give you the edge over that BZ, but don't forget that Culpepper already has some knowledge about our offense when he first got here in March. Saban is keeping the same offense we had last year and instead of Mularkey installing his offense, he has to learn the offense that Leinhan ran here last year. So really, both QB's has something that the other doesn't have. Pennington has the edge of the guys around him, but he is still learning the new offense. Culpeppers knows the offense, but he hasn't played with the guys we have around him yet.

once Daunte is healthy then we wil be but untill then pats. But i really think tom is just good ion that system you put him in any other system and he will fail but hes in the right system so pats.

Ace88 said:
And you call us homers? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Get a clue man. Everybody knows the Bills are last on the list. Just because you have two average QB's doesn't mean ****you are in fine standings. Culpepper is way better then them when he is healthy and so in Pennington. Hell, I'd even take Ramsey over Losman and Holcomb at this point right now. That just shows that you don't know **** about our players when you said dealing with unhappiness. Every team has players that aren't happy because they aren't on the field. Harrington even said it himself that he is fine with being the backup to Culpepper and if that means he only has to take two snaps, then he's ok with that.

First off, who is this "everybody" that "knows the Bills are last on the list"? Miami fans? Media mavens? The Bills know that, barring injury, either Losman or Holcomb will be their starter come September. Two healthy average QBs familiar with the personel and having starting experience trump starting QBs coming back from possibly career-ending injuries on the "stability-meter", sweetpea.

Second, both of the Jets' and Fins' backups are new to their teams. If I had to pick between Ramsey and Harrington, I'd take Ramsey if for no other reason than he's been a man about his situation in Washington whereas Harrington has come across as a spoiled brat, blaming everybody except Joey Harrington for his problems in Detroit.

Third, I wasn't referring to Joey being unhappy about not starting. If he plays great (however unlikely that is), I doubt that Saban benches him for Daunte.

BwanaZulia said:

BZ

Some Bills fans said that, but not me. I wanted Losman on the side-lines with the clipboard last year exactly where Chad was as a sophomore QB. I thought it was stupid for Donahoe to release Bledsoe and "annoint" Losman the starter because it set the kid up to fail. When Bledsoe left, a lot of the vets saw any possibility of making the playoffs leave with him, and they resented Losman. The kid also wasn't ready, it was obvious in TC, but apparently the coaches were under pressure to start him in the regular season instead of going with Holcomb.

The best thing that Marv did was get rid of Sam Wyche as QB coach. Losman has visibly settled down and gained confidence under Turk Schoenert. He's starting to distance himself from the other QBs in the OTAs. I think Losman's the starter by September and surprises everybody with his poise and pocket presence, although his numbers won't be that great because the Bills oline, while somewhat improved, has a long way to go and they will run the ball a lot anyways.

Kinzua said:
Some Bills fans said that, but not me. I wanted Losman on the side-lines with the clipboard last year exactly where Chad was as a sophomore QB. I thought it was stupid for Donahoe to release Bledsoe and "annoint" Losman the starter because it set the kid up to fail. When Bledsoe left, a lot of the vets saw any possibility of making the playoffs leave with him, and they resented Losman. The kid also wasn't ready, it was obvious in TC, but apparently the coaches were under pressure to start him in the regular season instead of going with Holcomb.

The best thing that Marv did was get rid of Sam Wyche as QB coach. Losman has visibly settled down and gained confidence under Turk Schoenert. He's starting to distance himself from the other QBs in the OTAs. I think Losman's the starter by September and surprises everybody with his poise and pocket presence, although his numbers won't be that great because the Bills oline, while somewhat improved, has a long way to go and they will run the ball a lot anyways.

It just seems like every year we hear that this is the year Loseman is going to break through and every year we see him get benched.

3 years in, it is time for him to step and do something or time to go get someone else.

BZ

Alex22 said:
Give me Bollinger before Losman :lol:

As for Daunte and Chad

Chad is a game manager, Daunte is the kind of guy that will carry your team passing the ball, but thats not the issue

Chad has been injured multiple times, and has an injury history, Culpepper had one unfortunate thing happen, Id say Chad is way more Injury prone.

Daunte missed 5 games in 2001 and 2 more games in 2002 or 2003, so he's not exactly the picture of durability, either.

Back
Top Bottom