Guys, your honest opinion.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guys, your honest opinion....

BwanaZulia said:
It just seems like every year we hear that this is the year Loseman is going to break through and every year we see him get benched.

3 years in, it is time for him to step and do something or time to go get someone else.

BZ

Losman was drafted in 2004. He broke his leg in TC and wasn't cleared to even play until mid season. I think he threw 5 passes or something. 2005 was his second year, and the only season that he played any significant amount of time.

I agree that 2006 is the year the Bills see what they've got in him, which is why I think if it's close between Holcomb and Losman, Losman gets the nod.

Kinzua said:
Losman was drafted in 2004. He broke his leg in TC and wasn't cleared to even play until mid season. I think he threw 5 passes or something. 2005 was his second year, and the only season that he played any significant amount of time.

I agree that 2006 is the year the Bills see what they've got in him, which is why I think if it's close between Holcomb and Losman, Losman gets the nod.

so that makes him and holcomb the better than culpepper and harrington? i dont get your logic. 2 'average' QB's that have proved nothing but they suck badly, are somehow better than a someone who has been an elite QB in the league for years and another average QB :confused:

Straztheman said:
once Daunte is healthy then we wil be but untill then pats. But i really think tom is just good ion that system you put him in any other system and he will fail but hes in the right system so pats.
What's the system? Tell me how Brady would not be good on other teams? What throws can he not make?

What is this '01? Someone forgot to tell me we all got into a time machine.

Let's talk real football here, not rhetoric from '01 when he first entered the league and was relied upon to only throw short passes.

It's baseless statements like this this that [SIZE=-1]permeate[/SIZE] and fester into truth when no one corrects them.

Take care.

DW

Dirtywater said:
What's the system? Tell me how Brady would not be good on other teams? What throws can he not make?

What is this '01? Someone forgot to tell me we all got into a time machine.

Let's talk real football here, not rhetoric from '01 when he first entered the league and was relied upon to only throw short passes.

It's baseless statements like this this that [SIZE=-1]permeate[/SIZE] and fester into truth when no one corrects them.

Take care.

DW

Tom Brady is the 2nd best QB in the league. (IMO)

DolphinDevil28 said:
Tom Brady is the 2nd best QB in the league. (IMO)

To be honest, I don't know where he ranks. Sure he is a very good QB, but I'll leave it up to others to decide. All I know is that the "system QB" junk applied to him in his first and maybe halfway throuigh his second year in the sense of safe small passes. But in the years since, he has easily broken from that mold.

Poeple that spout that stuff simply don't watch him play and show their lack of true football knowledge. As a matter fact, most QB's play in a system, which is whatever system their team runs! Montana was a system QB. Didn't hold him back.

Yikes, let's all get out of the time machine, lol. :D

Dirtywater said:
To be honest, I don't know where he ranks. Sure he is a very good QB, but I'll leave it up to others to decide. All I know is that the "system QB" junk applied to him in his first and maybe halfway throuigh his second year in the sense of safe small passes. But in the years since, he has easily broken from that mold.

Poeple that spout that stuff simply don't watch him play and show their lack of true football knowledge. As a matter fact, most QB's play in a system, which is whatever system their team runs! Montana was a system QB. Didn't hold him back.

Yikes, let's all get out of the time machine, lol. :D

No, that's my point. I'm saying I think Brady, even though I'd like to see Jason Taylor make an indentation on the field with him, would be a top 2-3 QB no matter where he played.
He's got all the intangibles, leadership ability etc...even to go along with pretty good physical attributes.

It's just like the people who say Daunte is nothing without Randy Moss. :rolleyes2

Like all of Daunte's massive arm strength, accuracy and athleticism go out the window because Randy Moss isn't on his team anymore.

To answer the thread's question, it's obviously the Patriots.

Quite frankly, I don't care where people rank him. He's got ice water in his veins and bottom line, the guy is a winner. Call him a system QB, overrated, etc (enter salatious comment here). It's all good with me.

I'm curious to see how Culpepper will do for the Dolphins this season because I'm not a Harrington fan whatsoever. BUST. I guess he can be a decent backup, but that remains to be seen. Nevertheless, he doesn't impress me, and he never has since day one in the NFL. On the other hand, if Culpepper can come back from his injury and play mistake free football, the Dolphins will be tough to beat, and quite possibly the team to beat. He's still no Tom Brady, but he doesn't have to be.

DolphinDevil28 said:
No, that's my point. I'm saying I think Brady, even though I'd like to see Jason Taylor make an indentation on the field with him, would be a top 2-3 QB no matter where he played.
He's got all the intangibles, leadership ability etc...even to go along with pretty good physical attributes.

It's just like the people who say Daunte is nothing without Randy Moss. :rolleyes2

Like all of Daunte's massive arm strength, accuracy and athleticism go out the window because Randy Moss isn't on his team anymore.

I know, I agree. :cooldude:

BwanaZulia said:
Better question would be to rank them, from most to least.

1) Patriots - Brady is healthy and back. Nuff said.
2) Jets - Chad is getting healthy, knows the players, will fit in.
3) Dolphins - Daunte & Joey, both new and Daunte is getting healthy
4) Bills - Do they have a QB? :)

BZ

HAHAH give me a break man i know you dont really think that the jets have a better qb situation than the dolphins, there is no such thing as a healthy chad pennington and their are as equal or more reports that daunte is getting healthy as their is to chad pennington being healthy, and not to mention that daunte is the better qb so it would make absolutely no sense....also joey harrington was brought in as insurance so how is that not providing stability? joey is better than chad IMO and joey is a lot better than any of the jets qb so give me a break no way the jets are in a good qb situation because they too have no idea who will start week 1 or who will be ther 2nd and 3rd string qbs

Kinzua said:
Sorry, Bwana, but the Bills have three healthy QBs, although only 2 are really in the hunt to be the starter, so it's:

1) Pats - sad, but true! :barf:

2) Bills - it's either Losman or Holcomb, and I think Losman not only takes the starting job, he shines!

3) Jets - if Penney's healthy, he's the starter and a good one, and then the Jets leap over the Bills for stability, but that shoulder's still a big ?

4) Dolphins - Culpepper's knee injury was horrific, and I think him being ready by the start of the season is overly optomistic, even though he's been declared the starter. If the Fish had anybody else but Harrington as backup QB, they would be tied with the Jets, but I think that Joey is simply a waste of roster space (no offense, FishFans, I hated him in Detroit, too. He reminds me of my least favorite Bills QB of all time, Rob Johnson, another waste of roster space!). Even Rosenfels would have been a better choice for a backup, and there are some decent FA QBs still out there. If by some miracle attributable to the late John Paul II or a once-in-10,000 years convergence of the sun, moon, and planets, Joey Harrington actually resembles a decent NFL QB, then the Fish face the problem of when to start Daunte -- and dealing with somebody's unhappiness at not starting.

even worse than what BZ said about the jets qb situation....biggest homer i have ever seen, haha seriously i cant take you seriously...the bills may have 3 healthy qbs but they all suck!!!! and that comment are joey completely off, but being a bills fan you cant expect to know much about the qb position...im not sure if it was you kinzua or another bills fan but in another thread you or whoever said it said that jp losman is a good qb but was put in a no-win situation so what would you call joeys situation in detriot????

miaD5499 said:
even worse than what BZ said about the jets qb situation....biggest homer i have ever seen, haha seriously i cant take you seriously...the bills may have 3 healthy qbs but they all suck!!!! and that comment are joey completely off, but being a bills fan you cant expect to know much about the qb position...im not sure if it was you kinzua or another bills fan but in another thread you or whoever said it said that jp losman is a good qb but was put in a no-win situation so what would you call joeys situation in detriot????

You said that Joey is better than Chad and are calling ME a homer?

Please.

Mirror check.

The question was who has the most STABLE QB situation and I think a returning QB is more stable than a brand new one (both coming off injuries)

BZ

Clearly the Patriots have the best QB stability in the AFC East, who ever disagrees with that has issues. As far as the rest of the division goes, I say it's a toss up between the Fins and Jets. Both QB's are coming off major injuries.

Who knows who the starting QB will be for Buffalo, I guess it will be the guy who wins the competition in training camp. Although, IMO, they should start Losman and give the guy some experience, and make him play all 16 games this season.

dol_fan_81 said:
so that makes him and holcomb the better than culpepper and harrington? i dont get your logic. 2 'average' QB's that have proved nothing but they suck badly, are somehow better than a someone who has been an elite QB in the league for years and another average QB :confused:

The question is notbetter or best, it's most stable QB situation. I explained that in a previous post. There is no guarantee that either Chad or Daunte can be as good as they were before their injuries. In Duante's case, there are also questions about his ability to put up big numbers without Randy Moss as well as his ability to lead his team to wins.

miaD5499 said:

Joey Harrington was the starter in Detroit for 4 years. They drafted 3 or 4 WRs in the first round to give him targets. The Lions' OL wasn't good, but it was at least mediocre. How long does a QB get before it's clear he's a bust???

Losman played 8 games on a team with a lousy ol and in turmoil because of the GM's pressuring the coaching staff. His most experienced WR didn't always play as hard as he could.

Situations aren't similar at all.

Kinzua said:
The question is notbetter or best, it's most stable QB situation. I explained that in a previous post. There is no guarantee that either Chad or Daunte can be as good as they were before their injuries. In Duante's case, there are also questions about his ability to put up big numbers without Randy Moss as well as his ability to lead his team to wins.

I believe DD28 explained it well about Culpepper's ability in his post he made earlier. Just because he doesn't have Moss doesn't mean he isn't still a really good QB. Some are forgetting that Culpepper has the arm, accuracy and athleticism you want in a QB. His teammates even said that he has been one hell of a leader in the offseason so far. He's already forming a bond with the RB's WR's and OL's by bringing them and and watching film with him and knowing the strength and weakness of his teammates. Atleast our concerns about the QB situation isn't as bad as your's. We finally have a real QB on our team when healthy. I can't say the same about your team.

Back
Top Bottom