hank suggested trading madison for davenport | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hank suggested trading madison for davenport

DrewOldSchool said:
Well now that Davenport has an opinion he can stay a cheesehead. Fine with me. He's right though we really only needed him and don't necessarily want him.

I think I missed something...did Davenport make a comment about the Phins?
:confused:

I don't think trading Madison would hurt as much as trading Ogun to acquire a rb. Like you guys said, Davenport is not worth it, but I would trade Madison for a feature back, for example E.James. We are very deep at CB, and I really like Will Poole. I believe that Poole could step up and play the position very well. If trading Madison would get us a premier back, then I wouldn't mind having Poole or Howard starting opposite Surtain.

believe it or not i'm pretty interested in seeing if we get james stewart he can't be that bad he did gain over a thousand yards in 2 out of his 3 years. do you know if he's rescheduling his try outs.

Hank's alright. He's just feeding us some different options at this time...

I wonder if he's been out to see Minor / Morris / Henry / and Russell in action yet???....If so, he may change his ideas of trading for anyone. They look capable of filling the hole left by Williams. They may not be as productive, but they should be good enough in rotation....

Davenport would not be any better than what we already have IMO. If we're going to make a trade at all, it needs to be for a proven RB, not some back-up...

PHINZ RULE!!! :eek:

I don't believe he is. Let's not forget that he suffered a really bad injury. I'm sorry, but in my opinion, once a back suffers a knee injury, he is never the same. That is why I love RW. The only injury he ever really suffered from was a broken ankle. Coming from a soccer player with ligament problems in my ankle, breaking an ankle is no big deal. So if we do trade for a RB, I just hope it's someone good of course, but also that they are not damaged goods.

No Way!!! Hank Is Dumd.. Why Does Everybody Want To Trade Our Defense Players For A Rb?? Give Minor A Chance!! The Fish Didn't Play A Preseason Game Yet To See If Minor Can Handle The Job.. Give Some Time......

BassFin said:
Hanks an idiot. He's the only one in sports broadcasting who thinks the Dodgers got the better deal in the Penny/LoDuca trade.

He should stick to horse racing and eating. The only two things he knows a lot about. His show is getting worse evey year. I amazed they even keep him on the radio. He sounds like he doesn't even want to be there.
You know what? I've always said that about him regarding him sounding like he doesn't want to be there, I'd much rather hear the Big "O" in the slot.

Hank seems to get more excited talking about the Raiders than he does the Dolphins and frequently won't even discuss the Dolphins if he's not in the mood.

I'd trade madison in a heartbeat, BUT not for Davenport, WTF over!! I'd trade for Michael Bennett, Onterrio Smith, Justin Fargas, Lee Suggs, or another RB that is a quality starter. I would rather just keep playing with Minor and pass the damn ball more. Use Konrad more in the running game get him 3-4 carries a game, Minor 15-18 carries a game, Morris 2-4 carries a game and fir Henry in there as he progresses or the other RBs regress. With how well Snoop seems to be playing, Chambers, Boston, Minnis, and Thompson "could" be dangerous if our damn line could just block something!!

PhinKev said:
I'd trade Madison for the right guy. We have sick depth at CB. If someone wants to watch the talent sit on the bench looking all clean and healthy that's fine. But, for once, I agree with Hank. I'd rather have the best players on the field.

Besides, anyone can see Madison is not the same guy he was just a couple of years ago.
Your right he's lost a little bit of his speed. He was always a risk taker and a playmaker that just his ability. I would trade Madison in the right deal but still respect him immensely. He took a pay cut to stay. He wants to be here. That still counts for something. And what depth.

DrewOldSchool said:
Your right he's lost a little bit of his speed. He was always a risk taker and a playmaker that just his ability. I would trade Madison in the right deal but still respect him immensely. He took a pay cut to stay. He wants to be here. That still counts for something. And what depth.

You are right, Madison does deserve some respect for taking the paycut and wanting to stay here. But, if something comes up, if some team offers us a Larry Johnson, Ontarrio Smith for Madison, then I would pull the trigger. Trading Madison for a GOOD running back would make the team better. Trading Madison for someone like Davenport would be a waste.

PHINS54 said:
No Way!!! Hank Is Dumd.. Why Does Everybody Want To Trade Our Defense Players For A Rb?? Give Minor A Chance!! The Fish Didn't Play A Preseason Game Yet To See If Minor Can Handle The Job.. Give Some Time......
We just have depth to shop with. Minor will get a chance.

ched27 said:
yesteday on 560 wqam hank was suggesting since our greatest depth is at cb we should use that to acquire a rb in a trade. i like the idea but i'm not willing to give up surtain, madison, or poole. would do you guys think
Playing the devils advocate, and I don't like Hank, but if you think about it Madison is going into his 9th season, he carries a high cap number, Poole is looking good and if they feel he's got the goods, coupled with having Howard from Carolina, I don't think trading him for a top back is such a bad idea.

Madison is at the point where most corners start degrading and if Poole is that good we have to get him starting soon anyway, and it frees up cap room for elsewhere.

I'd trade him in a heartbeat. Just not for Davenport.

I'm one of the few who thinks that Madison is still one of the better corners out there. Is he top 5? Not anymore. But he's still in the top 15.
That being said, I wouldn't trade him for Davenport but O.Smith is intriguing. I think he's gonna be real good. But I don't think Minny would take that offer. And as excited as I am to see Will Poole, I don't think he's ready yet. Maybe in 2 years. So I'd stick with Minor/Morris and see who else may become available without us giving up anything.
And I don't think Hank even watches the practices so his opinion means squat to me. I have no respect for the man. I think the ESPN gig went straight to his head.

Back
Top Bottom