hank suggested trading madison for davenport | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hank suggested trading madison for davenport

phunwin said:
It doesn't matter whether it's a good trade or not. To my understanding, Madison's restructured deal would wreak havoc with our cap if we traded him.

Your right about Madision. Trading him would add around 3.5 million this year and 6 million next year against the cap for a player no longer on the roster. Madison's a dolphin for the next 2 years unless we want to eat a lot of dead money.

Wow, I am surprised by the lack of respect towards madison and what he brings to the defense. Why would you trade a top 15 cornerback for a bottom 30 runningback?

I would trade Sam for Foster NOT Davemport!! I lke what I have seen from Foster, Carolina needs some CBs and does not need foster. If the cap allows than and the Bennet trade would be the only trades I would consider. Minn does not need a CB but may need D line help. So I guess it would be:
Maddison-Foster
O-Gun-Bennett (whom we should have drafted in leiu of FLETCHER :cry: )

Do you guys realize that you are suggesting trading a STARTING cornerback for a BACKUP runningback?

Why would we want Davenport he is just as unproven as Minor. I have never seen anything special out of Davenport. I believe he is no better then Minor or Morris.

We use the nickel back someting like 60% of the time. If we traded Madison we would have no depth in case of an injury. Not to mention that we are not completely sure about Poole yet.

I don't see us trading for anyone this year. Personally, I glad Rick hasn't flown off and made a stupid trade. Madison deserves some respect for as many times that he redone his contract. He should retire a Dolphin.

Madison was signed before we acquired Howard and Poole.Its my understanding that it would not be convenient to trade him now (Capologists welcome to jump in).Actually its not such a crazy idea.Madison is on the downside of his career and Davenport has a lot of upside potential.If the FO is insistent on bringing in a high profile RB (Which I dont think is neccessary) then it is the best trade deal I have heard so far.

Correction.Howard was acquired before Madison was signed.

ched27 said:
yesteday on 560 wqam hank was suggesting since our greatest depth is at cb we should use that to acquire a rb in a trade. i like the idea but i'm not willing to give up surtain, madison, or poole. would do you guys think

100% Agree. Madison is old, takes up a lot of cap space, every time we get burnt deep it is on his side , he has definately lost a step and poole and howard would do just fine. We could sign Ogun if we got rid of him with no problem, plus Sam is still good enough tfor us to get some quality picks/players in return

"I want to go to a team that wants me,not needs me" Davenport was quoted to say when he was advised that the Fins were inquiring about him.Who does that sound like.? Please not another one.What is this game coming to.Next we will have a NFL team in Tibet with the Dalai Lama as coach."Now Nigel ! I want you to tippytoe down the sideline lighting candles on the hashmarks all the while chanting and dropping rose petals.Your spirit will transcend the evil vile bodies of the opposing team as you reach Nirvanna whereupon you will hear 7 heavenly bells.

Section126 said:
Hank is back to doing crack..........That is the dumbest suggestion there is.

It is not equal value....PERIOD.

Fins should explore the Ogun for Michael Bennett trade...and if that doesn't go through then they should forget it.
Did I understand you? Madison for Davenport is not equal value, but O-Gun for Bennett is?

Please expand on this.

Back
Top Bottom