Hard Rock Stadium field condition updates | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hard Rock Stadium field condition updates

So you want our guys playing on a surface that would be 130 fricken degrees??!! Don't you realize how much hotter artificial surface gets vs. grass. Our players would be collapsing on the field from the ungodly heat as would the opposing teams players.

I've spent the last 5 years coaching summer ball on field turf. I'm well aware how hot it gets. Still prefer that to seeing blown out knees caused by shitty turf.

I want the Amsterdam Quality Control System installed in my own lawn!! :)
My front lawn looks great: nice, dark green kentucky blue grass.
My back lawn is ok, but lots of holes from our Lab.
Still better then HRS grass, though!! LOL

Actually Wolfsburg Stadium in Germany is almost our twin.

philips-lighting-volkswagen-arena-air.jpg

And the funny part is they don't have a turf issue. They also use the same grow lamps that we used last season (failed) and they have the same shadow issues with light only hitting parts of the field.

"The pitch is covered in hybrid grass,[3] which is natural grass that is reinforced with synthetic fibres, thus improving its weatherability.[55] The Volkswagen Arena was the first Bundesliga stadium to introduce such a system.[56][57] From the outset, the pitch has been heated so that matches can be played regardless of ice and snow.[58]"

Here is what they use: http://www.dessosports.com/sports/football/football-projects/vfl-wolfsburg-germany

Not only is their turf good, it is rated the best. http://stadiumdb.com/news/2016/06/germany_wolfsburg_with_germanys_best_turf

It really looks like the little brother to Hard Rock. :laugh

The '72 Dolphins played on artificial turf......seemed like they did ok. Of course, I'm not an artificial turf guy. Is the new turf better than the old stuff?

The '72 Dolphins played on artificial turf......seemed like they did ok. Of course, I'm not an artificial turf guy. Is the new turf better than the old stuff?

Much better. The old stuff was like playing on carpeted cement.

The new stuff has plenty of give, and it's consistent. But the rubber pellets get hot as hell.

Okay, so the new field (between the goal lines) is just about installed, my question is how is this time going to be different than the last ten times they've replaced it over the last two seasons?

PROPL_l.jpg

Do they play soccer on field turf? Doesn't Ross what to have big soccer events played there?

been asking this forever... natural in that climate, with everything happening on it??... cmon Ross, get the Lucas Oil FieldTurf or the new stuff that has bubble wrap underneath!

Back
Top Bottom