Hartline willing to accept 3-year deal worth around $6 million/year, or maybe less | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hartline willing to accept 3-year deal worth around $6 million/year, or maybe less

Haha...the dolphins should be willing to offer 3-4 million per and he should be willing to accept. He doesnt score often enough and is a 1 route pony.

Lol...again I ask, if the difference between Hartline and Jennings is 1-2M/yr, uhhhh?

with another decent receiver (Wallace or Jennings) his production should increase, hes solid and should get around that 5.5 with incentives to reach 6. This being his second year under this system we need to keep some of our people Hartline should be one.

If we can get him down to the 5-5.5 per year range you do it. It won't be disappointing to the team. If it was only three years and AROUND that amount per year it won't hurt the team.

Ireland has to play hardball with Hartline IMO because it could be really risky for him to go on the open market, he's nothing special and could find that his price is way lower than he thought. He's more valuable for the Dolphins with his knowledge of the system and comfort level with Tanny. Other teams wil certainly not rush to sign him IMO...

are the phinstones those clowns i see in the stands with paint all over em and bones in their mouths???

3 yr at 15 I'd do....it would be a bit more than I think he's worth, but not enough to let him walk. I think a contract like that would get it done.

So some people that we've never heard of are reporting something that we've already been discussing for over a month? Is news that slow right now?

How thoughtful of him. I have a hard time going over 5 per to a player who's shown such an inability to score TDs. I love Hartline but he's pricing himself out of his value to this team.

Let's look at some comparable WR's: Lance Moore - almost same amt of yards but caught 6TD's, not 1, earns 4 million per year. Steve Johnson - same amt of yards and 6TD's, earns 4.3 million. Etc. Etc.
So why on earth would we pay a guy who finally stays heathy for 1 year, gets 1000 yds, but only catches 1TD, 6million a year???? How about take 4 or hit the highway. While it would be nice to keep him, he's got to be reasonable or he can hit the road. He can be replaced and obviously at a reasonable rate.

1. go back and look at the games from this past season and count how many times brian hartline had the endzone and either tanny diddnt see him or over/under thrw it.

its a LOT!

2. put tom brady in and see hartline get 9 to 12 td's a year.

3. put another speed burner/legit wr next to him and see him go to the pro bowl. he has been CONSTANTLY double teamed.

i have no problem with the 6 mill as he is VASTLY underrated and if tanny can improve and we can get a real deal wr on the other side of BH, he will be MORE than worth it.

Back
Top Bottom