Has Geno Smith passed R. Tannehill ? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has Geno Smith passed R. Tannehill ?

You asked if any of the 12 drops in the first three games would have been TDs or long gains. YOU ASKED. I simply answered the question that you should have already known the answer to. I realize you were simply trying to downplay the drops to keep the blame mostly on the QB. Through the first 3 games, 12 drops is way too many. They may even out over the whole season but not over 3 games.

The bottom line is this.

Ryan Tannehill is every bit as talented as the last two SB winners (Wilson, Flacco), just as good as the two before that were in their first two years (Eli, Ben) and just as good or better as several other young QBs (Foles, Dalton, RGIII, Cousins) are right now.

Last year he put up a solid season behind the league's worst OL supported by one of the worst running games and a bad OC. Those are facts, not excuses. The Jets game is the only game that was a huge disappointment. He didn't play well, no excuses. The first three games this year were not as good as most of the 2nd half of last season. For me, that doesn't erase the solid 7 game stretch pointed out in the Perkins article. Those games still happened. He still played very well in that stretch. He is still the same QB.

Just take a look at this season. In the games that we remain balanced and ran the ball, we blew out the other team. In the games where we didn't, we lost. I put the blame for the KC loss on Lazor the most. 15 rushing attempts in that game for Miller was far too low. We should have dominated with the run in the 4th quarter. KC did and we didn't. That is more responsible for the loss than any other single thing.

The QB is probably the only single player that can undermine the rest of the team by playing poorly but poor performances by other units can inhibit the QB from performing at his highest level. It is a fact that a drop of a perfectly thrown ball is an incomplete pass just like a miss on a poorly thrown ball. Looking at the raw stats in isolation is pointless. 12 drops is only a problem because it is so high in comparison to the other teams. I posted stats that showed that in the first three games, Tannehill was no more inaccurate than any of the other young QBs. So two factors lead to drops. In one, the Dolphins were about normal. For the other, they were worst in the league. Those are simply facts.

just thought you'd be interested, here is a list of all dropped passes in the nfl this year.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2014/

In our division, we are last in points against and first in points scored. Which is contributing the most to our first place tie?

i know u r going to think i am making excuses, but we both see the games.

we have had 2 really good offensive games, scoring 30 plus, and we also had 2 really poor offensive games, scoring 10 and 13 ( 2 of the pts vs kc were on a safety)

also, vs buffalo, 7 of those pts came via a kickoff return for a td, so thats not on the defense. so the defense so far has allowed 20, 22, 34, and 14.

offense has scored 33, 10, 13, and 31 ( 7 of those were on a 50 yd fumble return for a td by finnegan)

i think our record so far has reflected our play to date.

2-2 is right where we should be based on our play.

i think our offense this year has been avg, not great but not awful, and same with defense. not great, but not awful.

if we r going to win the next 2 games, offense and defense will need to step up there games.

i know u r going to think i am making excuses, but we both see the games.

we have had 2 really good offensive games, scoring 30 plus, and we also had 2 really poor offensive games, scoring 10 and 13 ( 2 of the pts vs kc were on a safety)

also, vs buffalo, 7 of those pts came via a kickoff return for a td, so thats not on the defense. so the defense so far has allowed 20, 22, 34, and 14.

offense has scored 33, 10, 13, and 31 ( 7 of those were on a 50 yd fumble return for a td by finnegan)

i think our record so far has reflected our play to date.

2-2 is right where we should be based on our play.

i think our offense this year has been avg, not great but not awful, and same with defense. not great, but not awful.

if we r going to win the next 2 games, offense and defense will need to step up there games.

I agree with every bit of this.

the link didnt work?

its a list of the players in the nfl with most dropped passes.

What's the point? Are you telling me that the list doesn't add up to the totals for the team? Are you claiming that the Dolphins didn't lead the league through 3 weeks?

According to who? You keep making up crap like it's going out of style.

Ryan's #1 excuse maker is now blaming the WRs. It's the fault of the WRs that they tale dumpoffs and score TDs to inflate #s, it's their fault Ryan can't throw an accurate pass or thrown the ball beyond 15 yds. It's always someone else's fault.

Ryan's #1 excuse maker is now blaming the WRs. It's the fault of the WRs that they tale dumpoffs and score TDs to inflate #s, it's their fault Ryan can't throw an accurate pass or thrown the ball beyond 15 yds. It's always someone else's fault.

You better be hoping the Chargers recieves drop a few :troll:

You better be hoping the Chargers recieves drop a few :troll:

I am not as worried about SD as I was the last 3 weeks. doesn't mean we will win but I like our chances. I am not sold on SD.

Keep displaying your ignorance. It is entertaining.

Enjoy the Genocoaster......

Geno has nothing to do w/ Ryan so keep trying to deflect. It tells me all I need to know.

You are right. Ryan is an NFL QB and Geno is pretending to be.

Care to make a bet on how long this Jets QB lasts? You were too scared to bet on the last one.

Bottom Line.: Geno first has to pass Henne and Buttchez before even attempting to compare him to Tannehill (and good luck with that :idk:)

It's always someone else's fault when the Jets lose. Excuses about referees and bad calls are your number 1 enemy apparently.

Back
Top Bottom