Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week 8 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week 8

Have to wonder how much of this special teams stuff Rizzi had ready for last year only to have the ultra conservative Sparano deny him the chance to use any of it. Nice to have a coach that not only believes in his players but in his coaching staff.

Great post! I was at the game today - was awesome to see all the jet fans leaving at the end of the 3rd. The sack that hurt RT happened right in front of our seats. I'm not sure but it looked like Fasano was supposed to chip Pace on his way into the route. Not sure what they said on TV about it. 30+ years watching this team and I really can't recall such a fantastic ST performance - wow.

Because you mentioned Matt Moore's professionalism, i just wanted to point out people have overlooked one of his best plays.

After getting knocked down, he spotted Incognito stalking towards the Jets bench. Knowing they had just gotten a free-be penalty and not wanting to ruin it, Moore scrambled to his feet and chased Richie down. Heads up move.

Tannehill is the future of this franchise, but im going to miss Moore's leadership. Good luck to him in the future on whatever team he lands with.

A lot of players were doing things like that today, although Moore is the best example in that situation you just cited. It shows which team is the smarter team/better coached. You are always gonna have guys get heated, especially with all the talk about this one. That their teammates were there to keep them out of trouble was very smart. There's always plenty of time between the whistles to get your shots in.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Great post! I was at the game today - was awesome to see all the jet fans leaving at the end of the 3rd. The sack that hurt RT happened right in front of our seats. I'm not sure but it looked like Fasano was supposed to chip Pace on his way into the route. Not sure what they said on TV about it. 30+ years watching this team and I really can't recall such a fantastic ST performance - wow.

I can, but it was for the Patriots, not us.

I really like what I'am seeing not only from the coaching staff but from the player development also, great game.

Gaffney has a long track record of having good hands, so I'm pretty sure that drop was just a product of rust.

What was encouraging was to see that he was running full speed and getting open, which means he's fully healed from his leg injury.
Its a good sign...First game he played and targeted 3 times. Very promising IMO.

There is some athleticism in the receiving core right now that was not there in the preseason.

D. Thomas definitely had his best game of the season. I've been brutal towards him, because he's been horrible, but he was solid today.

D. Thomas definitely had his best game of the season. I've been brutal towards him, because he's been horrible, but he was solid today.

Thomas is going to huge from here on out. I think Bush has lost a little of his "giddy up". Thomas might need to shoulder the load through December.

Thomas is going to huge from here on out. I think Bush has lost a little of his "giddy up". Thomas might need to shoulder the load through December.

I'm still holding out hope that Miller gets it going. At any rate, we'll be retaining Bush for much cheaper than expected, or we'll see him off. He's not a guy you can spend big bucks on. Good player, though. Would like to have him back for a reasonable contract.

I agree about Miller. Something is going on there. I am the biggest Miller supporter, but the staff does not like something in his game.

I've had a few hours to think about it and I'm still blown away by how well our coaches handled some key situations in that game. Darren Rizzi is the man.

And yes, Matt Moore deserves huge props. Great job in relief. I'm gonna be sorry to see him go, but as long as he doesn't go to the Bills or Jets, I will be happy to see him do well.

Always have been a big MM fan; with less to work with and a lame duck coach, he's actually done better in Carolina than Cam when you think about it - a lot better. Anyway, I'm thrilled we have Tannehill whose promise seems to be the sky's the limit, but if we didn't draft him, I think we'd have been fine with this coaching staff and Matt going forward too.

Glad he made himself some money yesterday; I can think of a bunch of teams Moore would improve as their starter right now, including 2 in our own division. I wish him the best as he won't be back nor should he and only hope that he doesn't end up in The Meadowlands.

There are your 4 wins. You better adjust season prediction for this Miami Dolphins team. We still have more than half the season remaining with many more wins to come.

Back
Top Bottom