Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week Seven | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week Seven

Exasperating loss, Sherman is terrible, I'm done caring.

At this point we have nothing to lose. Win our next to games and were back in it, or lose em and be done. At least basketball season starts soon.

Also, want to ditto your point on how terrible that crowd was.

Fire Sherman, and move the team out of Miami. There's no fans there...yea our team came out flat, maybe the crowd being so flat had something to do with it.

Give this team to a city that will appreciate having a nfl team, not a bunch of fair weather fools

Western New York is a terrible place. Basically the Earth's butthole. Were you born there or did you move there on your own?

your more level headed then the rest of this board about tannehill so I ask you. was that last fumble on tannehill? looked to me like he barely had time to set up his throwing motion after a 3 step drop...

The line got drilled back, but on a 3 step drop, the ball has to come out.

Appreciated, as always. I didn't see the game so this is a good synopsis. I'll look at the tape in a few days. I was stuck on I-20 with a blown water pump during the game, waiting more than an hour for a tow truck. It's indeed remarkable how many drivers are magnetized to a car on the shoulder, as if it's their target. My dad died a year ago today. All I wanted to do was walk up Stone Mountain this afternoon and spread some of his ashes up there. He loved that climb.

This was always going to be a dangerous game. I thought about that last year, while attending our big victory over the Bills. A year later they are going to be determined not to let that happen again...extremely well prepared and energized. That's situational application, the type of thing I was stunned to discover within my first weeks in Las Vegas. The locals knew every angle. It didn't help that the Bills were coming off a loss. On our behalf, next week at New England is not as impossible as some threads are asserting. We were mangled there last year. New England has played three divisional games and all have been tight. We should have some prideful energy after three straight losses.

I'm reminded of the posts that mocked ckparrothead a few weeks ago, when he announced that he had raised expectation from 8-8 to 9-7. The loud mouths in those threads, including at least one administrator, thought it should be more like 11-5 or 12-4. Let's see, an 8-8 team is projected to win .5 games per week. If you win a game you have gained .5 games above expectation, not a full game above. So it's fairly simple, a team with an 8-8 over/under that is 2-0 is now theoretically closer to 9-7. The fans and analysts who have no clue what they are doing make the Happy Adjustments and come up with 11-5 or 12-4. It's particularly laughable when none of our key stats hinted at top tier. Quite the opposite. We were overachieving in the won/loss column despite poor strategic choices. It's invariably comes back to bite you. I don't want to spend any more time on this, only to again emphasize that I wish the Happy types made the weekly betting lines.

At least the Canes won. I drove up and attended that amazing escape after a last-minute timeshare exchange. It was quite valuable to occupy my mind. Otherwise I knew I'd be dwelling on the final corresponding days of a year ago. This October 20th isn't so bad. Appreciate your loved ones.

On our behalf, next week at New England is not as impossible as some threads are asserting. We were mangled there last year. New England has played three divisional games and all have been tight. We should have some prideful energy after three straight losses.
I agree we'll probably come out energized, but I can't see New England losing at home in a divisional game, coming off a divisional road loss in OT.

I agree we'll probably come out energized, but I can't see New England losing at home in a divisional game, coming off a divisional road loss in OT.

New England drills this team next week. No match ups.

Lol I'm so tired of people talkin about how we lose because of the home crowd. Does the crowd suck? Sure. But if a rockin' home crowd was a big factor in a game then Clemson would have destroyed Florida st lastnight. Guess what? Just the opposite happened because Florida st clearly was the better team and Taj Boyd played like garbage.
Point I'm trying to make is that the lack of crowd noise is just another bad excuse for losing. This team loses because its AT BEST an average all around team. Maybe the crowd is small and complacent because the team is a reliable disappointment and nobody wants to go to that stadium to see another heartbreaking, soul crushing loss when they can just sit at home and have their heart torn out for 1/100th the cost....
Just my two cents.

What exactly are Philbin's strengths as a coach?

What exactly are Philbin's strengths as a coach?

A clean locker room, shoe laces are tied and Thursday's off practice sked...just kidding.

Joe is not a positive nor a negative. Neutral and that is not good enough.

This loss has me lower than almost any game I can think of in the past ten years. I am so ****ing down.

Just run the ball and pin back Thad Lewis. If goes the distance and get a FG so be it. Do not throw it as such. So bad.

There is no hope until the Tampa game.

A clean locker room, shoe laces are tied and Thursday's off practice sked...just kidding.

Joe is not a positive nor a negative. Neutral and that is not good enough.

Exactly my point. He doesn't bring anything to the table. Being even-keeled while losing is not a strength, in my book. There doesn't seem to be any consistent offensive identity. Are we a passing team, with Hartline, Clay, Wallace, and Gibson? Are we a short passing team, or a downfield passing team? Are we a team that wants to pound the ball on the ground? I honestly don't know.

On defense, I don't even know what to say anymore. We have too much talent to allow Thaddeus Lewis to beat us.

I know RT turned it over, but reports say he was beaten up today. If he is lost for the year at some point, what a waste of a season it would be. I don't think he makes it to november.

Great job on the analysis. I always enjoy your insight. My insight unfortunately isn't as deep. My analysis is this: Our team sucks!

I know RT turned it over, but reports say he was beaten up today. If he is lost for the year at some point, what a waste of a season it would be. I don't think he makes it to november.

His elbow was obviously hurt on the strip sack. He was having to stretch it out on the sideline and was throwing passes to test him arm.

The Pats or Bengals knock him out.

Don't ask if this can get worse....because it can and will.

Back
Top Bottom