Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week Seven | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week Seven

Hayden...I completely agree. Another tough loss. This team has no shot. We are going against 2 teams with fighting spirit and heart in the next 2 weeks.
The only way we win is if they come out flatter than us(don't know if that is possible) and deliver the game on a silver platter to us with 6 turnovers.

You lose to a divisional opponent at home, after a bye, playing with 2 lame RB's and a practice squad QB. You don't deserve to make the playoffs, you are average at best. Same old Dolphins.

You lose to a divisional opponent at home, after a bye, playing with 2 lame RB's and a practice squad QB. You don't deserve to make the playoffs, you are average at best. Same old Dolphins.

I agree. Things have to improve a ton. I wanted progress this year. Win more than you lose. We will be 3-5 going into November...I do not think that is happening.

It sucks because it would have put us in great position going ahead as well with the Pats losing as well as Tenn and Balt. This team should be 5-1 right now...but we arent. There is plenty of blame to go around but its got to start with the coaching and the O-line. I like Phillibin but as Hayden said you cannot continue to preacch the same things and never get it right...thats on you. The tackles are a disgrace.

Clabo should be cut. Period...send a message. Ireland should be working the phones...hell find someones backup...do something. Chances are he ends up giving up too much...but Tannehill is going to be on IR if we dont do something....then all of these people clammoring for Matt Moore again will see the truth

The Pats or Bengals knock him out.

Don't ask if this can get worse....because it can and will.

There is nothing worse than losing games we should win. If Tannehill gets knocked out for lengthy time, most of us know that Moore will be as equally beaten in an even quicker timeframe. Expectations will go out the window, and with that, the potential for disappointment.

I've seen bad Dolphins teams, but this won, lead by its coaching staff, is letting the 20 percent that is bad contaminate the rest that is capable of beating any team in the league.

Clabo should be cut. Period...send a message. Ireland should be working the phones...hell find someones backup...do something. Chances are he ends up giving up too much...but Tannehill is going to be on IR if we dont do something....then all of these people clammoring for Matt Moore again will see the truth

The thing is....the staff briefly made the Clabo experiment work by minimizing its exposure and a heavy dose of running for the first time in the year. He was only exposed by one of the most capable defenders in the league after the offense decided to get pass happy when it made absolutely no sense.

I am still sick to my gut this morning. A trip to Foxboro awaits in which we have not one matchup in our favor.

It seems like RT checked into a pass on the ill-fated fumble. Holy **** if that is true.

Things will get really bad around here soon. Kinda sad.

Last point...when will the Dolphins be the "motivated" team? When will they have the "reason for winning"? When will they play "higher than their talent level"? When will they play for three hours pissed off?

It should have happened vs. the Ravens and yesterday...nope. The Ravens played to "save their season" and Buffalo scratched and clawed to win a game.

The Pats will be motivated and pissed off next week and hang a 50 burger on the Fins, but why won't the Fins be the one more motivated? How much longer do you let the bully steal your lunch money?

* The defense cannot defend a screen or a TE.
* Somehow Jimmy Wilson is matched at key moments of the game against Stevie Johnson. He is consistently picked on by other teams.

This is the most disturbing part. Jimmy Wilson is not very good in coverage and he is covering the Bills best receiver.. This is playcalling and a coaching issue.

We are the Disney World version for TE.. It's like their playground and they do whatever they want.

Totally, totally agree with what you said. I am right there with you on the coaching staff and I think they should make a change sooner rather than later. ANY other team in the league would have already changed the OL and Clabo would be benched or gone.

As much as people will point the blame to Ireland, this loss was based on terrible play calling down the stretch on both sides of the ball.....

Not sure if this was mentioned after the OP, but Jimmy Wilson missed a tackle on 3rd down after we got the 21-17 lead. That 3rd down stop would have been a 3 and out. If he makes that tackle, Buffalo punts and the game may have ended differently. The Bills from there went right down the field and kicked the FG to make it 21-20. Was that the game deciding play? No because there were other opps to ice it.

But it was pretty significant from a momentum perspective.

Pocket presence shouldn't be a factor on a play where the first read is a quick throw, and the QB is coached to get rid of the ball if it isn't open (i.e., the "high-percentage play" I mentioned before).

For all we know, Sherman called a "layup" for Tannehill there, and he missed it. If so, who would that be on?

You don't know what play was called, if it was a "quick throw", or that the QB is coached to throw the ball away if his first read isn't open. In fact, I don't think you even watched the game after reading some of your comments. Even if you did watch the game, you wouldn't know a quick pass if you saw one.

Back
Top Bottom