Hear me out ... Kyle Pitts. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hear me out ... Kyle Pitts.

El Canadian

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know this is going to go horribly and everyone is going to want to rip my head off for even mentioning this, but with the amount we use our TE's .. Can you imagine Gesicki and Pitts? Dare I say, similar to Hernandez and Gronk when they were at New England?

Just a thought I had... The kid is a matchup nightmare, way too fast for linebackers and way too big for safeties.

I know most on here love Gesicki but honestly I would love to upgrade from him. He plays small, he's a finesse player on a team that wants to change its identity to a more physical team. He never fights for the ball and rarely comes down with a contested pass...it just doesn't happen. He's not much of a blocker...the only time he's effective is when he gets enough separation to make a clean catch. He's also has one broken tackle in his entire career. He has his uses but not as a #1 TE IMO.

Yes! I mentioned this in another thread but with our first three picks next year, if we could have a combo of Pitts, best WR and best RB available, we could be scary on offense next year.

Thanks man. As a Gators fan, I fully endorse taking the biggest mismatch in the college game right now. He is another Gesicki, he's not going to block for you very well, but I think he's absolutely going to be huge in the NFL, he's really more a big slot who can even play on the outside, his catch radius and athleticism is ridiculous and I would bet he'll run faster than many top WRs prospects at the combine.

Last edited:
Yes! I mentioned this in another thread but with our first three picks next year, if we could have a combo of Pitts, best WR and best RB available, we could be scary on offense next year.

This is what I would do, also. I'm going all out on the skill positions, it's our biggest weakness right now.

I know this is going to go horribly and everyone is going to want to rip my head off for even mentioning this, but with the amount we use our TE's .. Can you imagine Gesicki and Pitts? Dare I say, similar to Hernandez and Gronk when they were at New England?

Just a thought I had... The kid is a matchup nightmare, way too fast for linebackers and way too big for safeties.
No one should rip you for that. That kid has star written all over him.

I love this draft, there just seems to be so much talent. Thank god the Texans suck. We're gonna have a high 1st and 2nd.

Kyle Pitts is a ****ing BEAST. But dont take him away from my Gators yet! He needs 1 more year, lol.

As much as I would love him on the Fins, I think we have other needs to address in the first round, and I know he wont drop out of the first round.

That dude can completely change your offense.

It’s ironic because out of nowhere - the first thought that popped into my head today watching Miami’s game was that Kyle Pitts catches both of those contested passes that Gesicki didn’t. And they weren’t easy catches. But Pitts catches both.

At times I forget how important it is to have an absolute beast at the tight end position. When I think of the Best teams in the past two decades they always seem to be a common denominator and that is an absolute stud tight end. It is very important as it is a solid running back.

I know most on here love Gesicki but honestly I would love to upgrade from him. He plays small, he's a finesse player on a team that wants to change its identity to a more physical team. He never fights for the ball and rarely comes down with a contested pass...it just doesn't happen. He's not much of a blocker...the only time he's effective is when he gets enough separation to make a clean catch. He's also has one broken tackle in his entire career. He has his uses but not as a #1 TE IMO.
Yeah I’m souring on him also. There were a couple of games there where I thought we may have someone special but he never fights for the catch. Can that be corrected, time will tell but as far as I’m concerned the TE position is another we need to improve

Im a die-hard gators fan and Pitts is probably one of the most talented gators I’ve seen but, I just don’t think it will happen for a few reasons. 1) The Texans pick will most likely be too early to use on him, not great value. 2) our first round pick will be too late to get him, the sweet spot where he gets drafted is probably right In between. 3) His skill set may be a little to redundant with Gesicki, Parker and Preston he’s a big body Mismatch WR. 4) Brevin Jordan or Pat Friermuth in the second may be better fits because they offer more from a blocking perspective. And honestly Smythe and Shaheen are playing well.

Back
Top Bottom