Hear me out ... Kyle Pitts. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hear me out ... Kyle Pitts.

You really think 3 TEs will go in the first?
I don't. Pitts and Friermuth maybe. But I can see one possibly slipping to late 1st early 2nd. Who do you have as #3 TE? Is there anyone really worth anything after the top 2? I'm not really sure this year.

You really think 3 TEs will go in the first?
I do. I think Jordan, Pitts, and Friermuth will go 1st round. I think once Jordan runs at the combine his stock will shoot up. It would not surprise me to see both Pitts and Jordan run sub 4.7...possibly even sub 4.6.

I do. I think Jordan, Pitts, and Friermuth will go 1st round. I think once Jordan runs at the combine his stock will shoot up. It would not surprise me to see both Pitts and Jordan run sub 4.7...possibly even sub 4.6.
I give you props. 3 TEs in the first round would be an anomaly. Has that ever happened before?

I give you props. 3 TEs in the first round would be an anomaly. Has that ever happened before?
Yep, not long ago too. 2017 draft, OJ Howard (19th Bucs), Evan Engram (23rd Giants), David Njoku (29th Browns).

Yep, not long ago too. 2017 draft, OJ Howard (19th Bucs), Evan Engram (23rd Giants), David Njoku (29th Browns).
Well that would suck. I'm hoping for a top TE in the 2nd.
After the top 3 to me the drop off is to much for me at the position.

Well that would suck. I'm hoping for a top TE in the 2nd.
After the top 3 to me the drop off is to much for me at the position.
I don't know. There seems to be some really good TE that could potentially come out. I like Jake Ferguson from Wisconsin a lot...solid blocking and receiving TE but he's only a Junior so I don't know that he'll declare.

I don't know. There seems to be some really good TE that could potentially come out. I like Jake Ferguson from Wisconsin a lot...solid blocking and receiving TE but he's only a Junior so I don't know that he'll declare.
I don't know why anyone would declare with a 175M salary cap. Including the top 2 QBs. I see a lot of talent going back to college for a year and waiting for the cap to go back up.

Pitts is very impressive. He's not a blocker, but he is a matchup nightmare.

I don't know why anyone would declare with a 175M salary cap. Including the top 2 QBs. I see a lot of talent going back to college for a year and waiting for the cap to go back up.
I don't think the salary cap will affect rookies. They're slotted anyway. It will hurt free agents though.

I don't think the salary cap will affect rookies. They're slotted anyway. It will hurt free agents though.
Rookies are slotted but based on a percentage of the total cap
Edit: I haven't taken the time yet to calculate the impact of that drop to a top pick rookie and impact on career earnings compared to staying another year and waiting for it to go back up.

Remember, the Cap could drop as low as 175 but it could be higher as well.

175 is the absolute worst case floor.

They have already estimated losses to that number. Since it was agreed upon before the season. I'm sure teams are already operating to that figure.

Back
Top Bottom