henning quote------- i hate this man !! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

henning quote------- i hate this man !!

rutgers11

Rookie
Reaction score
“I don’t worry about how much (Henne) can hurt the other team. I worry about how much he can hurt my team,” said Henning

Memo to Parcell's : get rid of this clown--- We can have a special season but this fool will ruin it !!

wow.. see all of you guys that want to keep this guy. he is keeping henne on a leash. he will never get to his full potential under henning

Reverse psychology maybe? Or was this quote taken out of context?

I think it's the latter. Here is the full quote:

“I don’t worry about how much (Henne) can hurt the other team. I worry about how much he can hurt my team,” said Henning. “We can’t win if we’re throwing interceptions, turning the ball over, fumbling and doing all those, what Tony calls, ‘minus plays.’ We avoid them, we practice avoiding them, but we’re always trying to hit the big play.”

What he's saying is that if a QB hurts his own team that's a bigger factor. I agree. His wording wasn't the best, but I don't think it was a knock on Henne. I think it was meant to convey his philosophy. I'd rather have a QB throw 1 TD with no INT's than a QB that throws 3 TD's with 3 INT's. The former stat will more than likely win the game.

Reverse psychology maybe? Or was this quote taken out of context?

I think it's the latter. Here is the full quote:

“I don’t worry about how much (Henne) can hurt the other team. I worry about how much he can hurt my team,” said Henning. “We can’t win if we’re throwing interceptions, turning the ball over, fumbling and doing all those, what Tony calls, ‘minus plays.’ We avoid them, we practice avoiding them, but we’re always trying to hit the big play.”

What he's saying is that if a QB hurts his own team that's a bigger factor. I agree. His wording wasn't the best, but I don't think it was a knock on Henne. I think it was meant to convey his philosophy. I'd rather have a QB throw 1 TD with no INT's than a QB that throws 3 TD's with 3 INT's. The former stat will more than likely win the game.

I get it, I still think he comes of like a douche..

It was clearly a knock on Henne. How can it be taken any other way? ****-can his a** now, and let David Lee take over OC duties.

I disagree with a lot of Henning's play calling. However, he gets to see how this offense works more than anyone here so I gotta trust him more than i do my own instincts. I truly believe he is trying to groom Henne for the long run. Making him play conservatively will build his confidence and help us win games. If he turns Henne loose and Henne fails, not because of lack of anything other than experience, Henne may be ruined. Look at the QB's who succeed in this league. Other than a very select few (Marino, P. Manning) most get a few years under their belt before they are thrown to the wolves. Most that are tossed into the fire too soon fail.

what a ***** thing for an OC to say. it's not a knock on henne - its just a testament to how he likes to do things. he doesn't like to win game - he likes to not lose them. worst. philosophy. ever.

i wonder if nolan knew how much was going to be put on his plate when he took this gig.

'oh and by the way mike. you're responsible for basically everything now. we just kind of show up and piggyback off your success. good luck!'

I disagree with a lot of Henning's play calling. However, he gets to see how this offense works more than anyone here so I gotta trust him more than i do my own instincts. I truly believe he is trying to groom Henne for the long run. Making him play conservatively will build his confidence and help us win games. If he turns Henne loose and Henne fails, not because of lack of anything other than experience, Henne may be ruined. Look at the QB's who succeed in this league. Other than a very select few (Marino, P. Manning) most get a few years under their belt before they are thrown to the wolves. Most that are tossed into the fire too soon fail.

Which is fine being discussed behind closed doors. Why quote yourself in the media that you're actually "worried" your QB will hurt you. Talk about a gut shot on the young guy.

what a ***** thing for an OC to say. it's not a knock on henne - its just a testament to how he likes to do things. he doesn't like to win game - he likes to not lose them. worst. philosophy. ever.

i wonder if nolan knew how much was going to be put on his plate when he took this gig.

'oh and by the way mike. you're responsible for basically everything now. we just kind of show up and piggyback off your success. good luck!'

Well said my friend! I agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom