henning quote------- i hate this man !! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

henning quote------- i hate this man !!

Which is fine being discussed behind closed doors. Why quote yourself in the media that you're actually "worried" your QB will hurt you. Talk about a gut shot on the young guy.

I agree 100%. I'm also betting that Henning has since talked to Henne since this came out. Hopefully it'll fire him up and not cause him to regress or play angry. Anger causes mistakes while motivation creates wins. Hopefully he's motivated to prove that he can be trusted.

He doesn't seem to have much confidence in Henne, and I don't really either. Seeing Henne drop back still makes me kind of nervous, the guys a statue in the pocket.

I hate Henning, but let's use the complete quote:

"I don't worry about how much (Henne) can hurt the other team. I worry about how much he can hurt my team," Henning said. "We can't win if we're throwing interceptions, turn the ball over, fumbling and doing all those, what Tony calls, 'minus plays.' We avoid them, we practice avoiding them, but we're always trying to hit the big play.""

The philosophy comes from Tony.

I agree 100%. I'm also betting that Henning has since talked to Henne since this came out. Hopefully it'll fire him up and not cause him to regress or play angry. Anger causes mistakes while motivation creates wins. Hopefully he's motivated to prove that he can be trusted.

I mean jesus, the guy has just gone out there and won two road games to start the season. What is wrong with "pumping his tires" to whoever is asking him the questions. (Not to beat a dead horse or anything)

Reverse psychology maybe? Or was this quote taken out of context?

I think it's the latter. Here is the full quote:

“I don’t worry about how much (Henne) can hurt the other team. I worry about how much he can hurt my team,” said Henning. “We can’t win if we’re throwing interceptions, turning the ball over, fumbling and doing all those, what Tony calls, ‘minus plays.’ We avoid them, we practice avoiding them, but we’re always trying to hit the big play.”

What he's saying is that if a QB hurts his own team that's a bigger factor. I agree. His wording wasn't the best, but I don't think it was a knock on Henne. I think it was meant to convey his philosophy. I'd rather have a QB throw 1 TD with no INT's than a QB that throws 3 TD's with 3 INT's. The former stat will more than likely win the game.

how was that taken out of context. Of course it was a knock on henne, in its own right. He doesnt want him throwing picks and hurting the team, therefore he keeps him on a leash.. That being said, Henning may be hurting the team by NOT letting henne throw. Henning is a douchebag.. god i cant stand this clown

The coach's offensive coordinator follows a similar a similar philosophy. Henning's mantra is "touchdown-check down:" Look for the big play, but dump it off to the running back if the big play doesn't develop.

This was another of the items that pissed me off about the article. When was the last time we threw an intermediate crossing route or a skinny post 15 yards down the field. They just aren't part of his strategy. I think you leave alot of plays on the field and it really helps the defense out when you basically limit yourself to two philosophies on each play.

now we can see where all the leaks in the media about the team not liking Henne are coming from.

This is right up there with "Fail forward fast!"

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

playing 'not to lose' will get you beat more times than not. just ask Wannstedt.

He was the expert at that...

Dan Henning has more quotes than the bible. Evaluate his offenses on the field, not via soundbyte.

As long as we are winning I dont care, if his leash on Henne becomes an issue that is causing us games then I have an issue.
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom