henning quote------- i hate this man !! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

henning quote------- i hate this man !!

I don't sense a serious problem with Henning's play calling. I think there's a lack of execution going on. But overall Dan Henning, Chad Henne and the whole offense are swimming in different waters compared with a year ago and they've just got to get better at it. Teams are playing them different now that Marshall is on the team. A year ago with teams mostly playing single-high against you, you could afford oversimplification and conservatism versus the shell, cuz you'll still get opportunities to be aggressive when they go back to single-high. Now they're not going to single-high at all anymore and if you don't start learning to find and execute ways to be aggressive in passing against the shell, your offense looks pretty bland.

SOME of that has been play calling I think, but a lot of it has been execution. They called some pretty nice shell-buster pass plays against the Bills. The problem was they only executed well on one of them, the seam strike to Fasano over the middle. There was a nice flag route that Marshall ran that Henne overthrew. Good call, bad execution.

We only attempted 15 passes....that isn't execution!!!!

I read that quote and I think. " hello pot meet kettle"!

I am more worried about Dan Henning and his bone head play calls, hurting this team! I really fear a limp play not to lose offense this week. They way you best Fatso is take advantage of his aggression on defense.

Where the hell are some of you seeing a knock on Henne? What I'm seeing is what I've seen from Henning for 8 years now, which is a play not to lose approach. He cares more about limiting turnovers than sticking it to the other team. Which is a pathetic approach. He's trying to turn a gun slinger into Chad Pennington. We need to fire this clown ASAP before he ruins Henne's development.

Where the hell are some of you seeing a knock on Henne? What I'm seeing is what I've seen from Henning for 8 years now, which is a play not to lose approach. He cares more about limiting turnovers than sticking it to the other team. Which is a pathetic approach. He's trying to turn a gun slinger into Chad Pennington. We need to fire this clown ASAP before he ruins Henne's development.

Why you got to go insulting clowns?

Wow. that's a terrible thing to say about your starter. Maybe he didn't mean it like that, but still....
We'll see what happens when we have to come from behind since we haven't yet trailed in either game.
We'll see how conservative you want to be then, you moron. Let the kid loose.

Wow. that's a terrible thing to say about your starter. Maybe he didn't mean it like that, but still....
We'll see what happens when we have to come from behind since we haven't yet trailed in either game.
We'll see how conservative you want to be then, you moron. Let the kid loose.

Reminds me of last year. Our D stops the Saints and we put a few points on the board. After Brees comes out of hibernation they take lead and we cant keep up in the scoring game. Outcome: we lost a game that should have been ours because of an inept offense.

I wonder when that will happen this season? Maybe against the Pats? Maybe we should just fire the dinosaur before he loses us a game and keeps us out of the playoffs.

Another classic example of that "Madden" mentality blurring the lines of reality.

In the NFL, 15 pass attempts is often more than enough, especially when you jump out to an early lead.

Moreover, when you have a quarterback with exactly 15 starts under his belt, you have to bring him along slowly.

Lastly, I can guarantee you that as Henne becomes a more experienced quarterback, his share of the workload will increase significantly. In a year or two, throwing 15 passes in a game will become an anomaly.

For now, the coaching staff is doing exactly what they should be doing, bringing Henne along slowly and teaching him how to manage a game and not make mistakes that can cost you a win in a close game (which in the NFL, is quite common).

There will be plenty of time for airing it out in the future.

Henning refuses to put the game away...it seems like as soon as we get a 3 or 7 point lead he just tries to coast through the rest of the game. He goes into ultra-conservative mode as soon as we get a lead and thats what really pisses me off. His short routes and lack of "big plays" pisses me off too but the reason why our games always come down to the wire at the end is because when were up Henning wants to just sit on the lead, he doesnt worry about trying to put more points on the board. He just hopes Ronnie or Ricky could somehow break a big run for a TD. Im not saying he has to go gunslinging it all over the field when we got a lead, i dont need him to get carried away or nothing like that but i would sure as hell love to see this team put our opponent away by a significant margin for a change.

I know were 2-0 but our defense dominated both of those games and our offense failed to put up points. Our defense scored the same amount of points as our offense did againt Minnesota. So for those who keep saying were 2-0 so Henning must be doing something right need to look at it this way....our defense DOMINATED those games and our offense was the reason we won by such a small margin. I just cant stand Hennings conservative crap. I agree with not turning the ball over but we go deep to Marshall on the first play for 50 yards and he never tries it again....why not? Marshall is 6'4, minnesotas corners were like 5'11 and your telling me we cant take another shot downfield all game long? It just doesnt make any sense to me....

If it wasn't for David Lee bringing the wildcat can you imagine how pathetic this offense would be?

And why in the hell did they bring in Brandon Marshall if all Henning is going to is play dink and dunk?

At this rate Marshall's going to be the 1st WR with 100 catches and only 500yds receiving.

Back
Top Bottom