henning quote------- i hate this man !! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

henning quote------- i hate this man !!

Another classic example of that "Madden" mentality blurring the lines of reality.

In the NFL, 15 pass attempts is often more than enough, especially when you jump out to an early lead.

Moreover, when you have a quarterback with exactly 15 starts under his belt, you have to bring him along slowly.

Lastly, I can guarantee you that as Henne becomes a more experienced quarterback, his share of the workload will increase significantly. In a year or two, throwing 15 passes in a game will become an anomaly.

For now, the coaching staff is doing exactly what they should be doing, bringing Henne along slowly and teaching him how to manage a game and not make mistakes that can cost you a win in a close game (which in the NFL, is quite common).

There will be plenty of time for airing it out in the future.

Bahahaha 15 pass attempts is enough!?!?! Pick up your local paper tomorrow morning open the Sports Section, and see how many high school teams throw more then 15 times a day. This offense has no identity! First play deep to Marshall works, yep let's shelf that! Same play worked against Buffalo and never tried it again! Hell we have almost as many Bess reverses as we do deep balls to Marshall!

I think the training wheels come off on sunday night....remember the game vs. Jests @ home last year.

well if Henning has said this, he can **** himself. I already am sick of his offensive schematics and play-calling. We called better plays playing football in the streets growing up in NY. I am also sick of hearing all this Henne hate. Where the **** is it deserved. For his time in the NFL I think he is progressing fine. I dont know where anyone is getting off on trashing him with what we have had in the last 15 years??? If he replaced Dan marino then I can see the disappointment. Henne has all the upside potential and I am worried these coaches may **** it up by being impatient and degrading him. It is totally uncalled for.

Henne + Henning = zero picks and 2-0 on the road

Job done

Dolphins D = 2-0 on the road. Henning and Henne(and I'm not about to blame Henne for this) = 2 Offensive TD in 2 games(28th in passing yards.) I think it's safe to say we all expected a lot more from our passing game. It's hard to blame Henne when he hasn't exactly gotten many opportunities.

We're all fed up. Not since the Marino years have we had an offense that has been consistently good every year. PATHETIC.

The hate for Henning on this site is amazing. If someone even insinuates that Henne needs to make more plays, he gets jumped on while Henning takes all the venom and blame. He's a pretty well respected coordinator in the league. Miami has been real conservative so far, but they've been on the road and ahead for both games. I think a lot of this conservative mentality comes from Sparano himself - he is clearly very comfortable with it and I doubt has many plans to change it. If Henning left tomorrow, there's no way Sparano would let David Lee change the team to some spread option, pass happy attack.

There's also the small detail that Henning sees these guys practice all week and knows what they are comfortable doing. Maybe Henne throws picks in practice too often when throwing downfield, so he's protecting Henne and the team during the game. Maybe they don't execute downfield passes well in practice, so they don't run them. Maybe Sparano and Miami's gameplan was to do exactly what they did - get the lead, then run the ball and play conservative. Sparano had a huge focus to start the season something other than 0-2 and decided to do it by be playing it close to the vest.

This will all play out this year. Miami won't be ahead every game and will need to throw effectively to win this year and have a successful season. Henne will get his chance.

We only attempted 15 passes....that isn't execution!!!!
Exactly! Plus, it's the OC's job to get the team into position to take advantage of mis-matches to look good. I believe that most of us who watch the games regularly can routinely call what is the next play by the down and distance - especially when we see the formation. When the other team knows what's coming it's pretty easy to look ordinary at best.

The hate for Henning on this site is amazing. If someone even insinuates that Henne needs to make more plays, he gets jumped on while Henning takes all the venom and blame. He's a pretty well respected coordinator in the league. Miami has been real conservative so far, but they've been on the road and ahead for both games. I think a lot of this conservative mentality comes from Sparano himself - he is clearly very comfortable with it and I doubt has many plans to change it. If Henning left tomorrow, there's no way Sparano would let David Lee change the team to some spread option, pass happy attack.

There's also the small detail that Henning sees these guys practice all week and knows what they are comfortable doing. Maybe Henne throws picks in practice too often when throwing downfield, so he's protecting Henne and the team during the game. Maybe they don't execute downfield passes well in practice, so they don't run them. Maybe Sparano and Miami's gameplan was to do exactly what they did - get the lead, then run the ball and play conservative. Sparano had a huge focus to start the season something other than 0-2 and decided to do it by be playing it close to the vest.

This will all play out this year. Miami won't be ahead every game and will need to throw effectively to win this year and have a successful season. Henne will get his chance.
I disagree with regarding your practice argument in defense of Henning. First, our defense is better than any of the defenses we played in the first two games. So what if they didn't look as good against our defense in practice? That doesn't necessarily translate into what would happen against the other team. Second, Henning was comfortable enough with Henne last year with an inferior receiving corps to throw a LOT more. I don't know how "respected" Henning is at this point in his career but I don't see how that's relevant at all. This is the same league that re-hired Chan Gailey in Buffalo and routinely retreads mediocre coaches. It's really time for a change.

Hey Chad Henne started throwing that rock around after Ronnie went down last year and we started loosing so do not be so quick on the draw. They are over using Ronnie though IMO

Back
Top Bottom