Here’s how the Miami Dolphins will look to clear cap space | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s how the Miami Dolphins will look to clear cap space

This board is overly critical about his performance. His run blocking is reasonable, so I would be fine with a reasonable renegotiated contract. I am fine realeasing him, but would prefer a low cost retention.

Agree with this 100%, but with the shortage in the league of decent tackles, he will probably get $8-9 million per year on the open market, and I doubt we pay nearly that much.

I wouldn't touch wake, he is still very productive for this team.

I mean Pouncey is only 28 . . . Crazy to throw him and Wake in the same "old" category.

Certainly the injury history with Pouncey is very concerning but I won't cosign projecting Larsen/Brendal/Davis as the 2018 interior oline while also needing a replacement for James. Starters are shaky and then our depth gets murdered in the process.

Keep Pouncey, throw a longterm team friendly deal on James and go out and get a really good LG in FA. . . Move Larsen to primary gameday active interior depth, Smith and Sterup becomes your tackle depth and Brendal/Asiata become your interior depth.

No more Steen/Young/Urbik.

Pouncey suffers a setback u cut ties in a year while still having Larsen and Brendal on the roster.

Seriously not the time to be creating holes on the line if you don't have to.
I agree on Larsen but not on James. I don't see him leaving creating a hole when he hasn't even been able to finish two of his 4 years so what hole are we creating there? As far as Pouncey, I like the NE way.....get rid of them a year too early that a year too late but I'll compromised. If he takes a pay cut then bring him back with Brendel(who I believe would play better) near by. I'm just tired of counting on injured guys all the time

Ozzy rules!!

I would be shocked if the team didn't at least entertain a long term deal with James but I am pretty confident he won't be on a one year $9.341 million dollar deal.
There is always a market for good young o-linemen. The NFL draft rumors has Chargers is the market for a RT. Trading James to the Chargers is better than having him walk away and the Phins holding an empty bag. Give me a 4th and I'm happy if two teams get involved then given me a 3rd.

Eric Smith OT-RT better be the real truth for any of the above to happen.

One of the reasons the team won’t move on from Wake, not that Im in that camp, they haven’t drafted well enough to replace him. It’s that simple in my mind.

At this point he should be more of a situational player but since we have drafted so poorly....

One of the reasons the team won’t move on from Wake, not that Im in that camp, they haven’t drafted well enough to replace him. It’s that simple in my mind.

At this point he should be more of a situational player but since we have drafted so poorly....
That's a good point. I don't think they'll cut him and I don't think they cut Pouncey who I think they should. We do need to draft a DE again at some point but it might not be till the 3rd round this year

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom