Hey Dolphins, are you paying attention??!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Dolphins, are you paying attention??!!

Some of those hits the Ravens were laying out were illegal, I can't believe they did not give a 15 yard penalty on Pollard. That hit was absolutely ridiculously disturbing to watch. I saw a bunch of head to head collisions and below the knee hits. There's a fine line between tough and dirty.

That hit was perfectly legal. The RBs are fair game for helmet to helmet hits if they aren't receiving the ball. The Ravens got what 2 or 3 15 yard penalty? It was ridiculous because you see (I think it was Ray Lewis) Lower his helmet to hit a player in the midsection and the offensive player lowers his head and boom 15 yard penalty. The hit on Welker by Pollard was a 15 yarder for sure.

Realistically, Pita got destroyed by a Patriots LB and got no call and it was helmet to helmet. Also Ed Reed called fair catch, goes and catches the ball and gets helmet to helmet and the ref didn't throw a flag. You could see the fair catch sign and the hit.

One has to wonder if BB is thinking TE in the draft. This guy has been hurt since he was drafted. Missed the super bowl now this. You dont want 6-6 Eifert going to NE. Trust me.

Get real guys. Eifert would only see the field if Gronk is hurt. The Pats aren't going to spend a first round pick for a number 3 tight end. And you're nuts if you're thinking take Eifert and get rid of Gronkowski.
I respectfully disagree bro. BB uses TE's a lot different and I could see him rotating three TE's in and at times having all three on the field at the same time due there size, speed and height.

Even though the Ravens only got 1 sack, we saw a few things. Brady didn't have all day, they flushed him out of the pocket on numerous occasions. Some of those plays were coverage hurries. The pocket collapsed and a lot of throws Brady couldn't step into. The Ravens also played plenty of Man to Man in their defense and mixed up their formations and wasn't so predictable either.. You have to make Brady make multiple reads on that 3 step drop.

Some of those hits the Ravens were laying out were illegal, I can't believe they did not give a 15 yard penalty on Pollard. That hit was absolutely ridiculously disturbing to watch. I saw a bunch of head to head collisions and below the knee hits. There's a fine line between tough and dirty.

You talking about the fumble? A running back that lowers his head is not a defenseless player. I thought the game was pretty well-officiated personally.

this if offbase...physicality is not why miami loses to new england every year...it's called a qb that ids weaknesses and attacks them personnel wise and picks up things at the los like few in the league do...

and the real weakness in the pats d is the safeties not talib and dennard the latter of which gets away with a ton of stuff after the 5 yard cutoff...the safeties are a problem in vertical coverage...they also have slow lbs in coverage you need to clear out and expose and lack a real edge rush consistent force...

and something people don't notice of late is brady while still terrific is showing signs of a guy who age is catching up with...he misses more things of late than he ever has...as in the balls errant or a one hopper etc ...age is catching up

and in the no huddle hurry up the pats get away with not being set a full second before snapping the ball a lot...watch the te's they usually are the last to line up and most the time they're not set a full second before brady takes the snap...should be a 5 yard penalty...if i was playing them i'd be letting the media know to put the word out...in the no huddle when they quick snap they are not set

I can't wait to see the Dolphins/Ravens game this season. To see how far Miami has come. Last two games vs Baltimore, Miami was bullied and embarrassed.

Baltimore doesn't concede the short stuff. I've always loved that about them and it's the reason Brady is uncomfortable against them. Notice all the 3rd and 2s for the Patriots in that game today, particularly in the first half. New England historically feasts on that type of play. Virtually every team in the league backs off and worries about getting burned, all but surrendering the cheap 5 yard out or crossing patterns. Baltimore lines up no more than a yard off every option and forces Brady to make the correct read against a hassled receiver. It requires extreme patience and eventually it wears on him.

When New England used all the college-type throwback screens tonight, it was an attempt to create space and cheap plays against a veteran defense that typically doesn't surrender that type of thing. Ed Reed plays very deep. That type of play was designed to force the safeties forward and make a tackle in open space. Worthwhile attempt. They were open a couple of times but the Patriots didn't fully execute.

New England doesn't resort to throwback plays like that against opponents they know they can methodically pick apart. It's true Brady started to show some age this year, for the first time. I mentioned that a month or two ago. It will be interesting to see what changes they adopt as a result.

Baltimore is also prepared for the hurry up style the Patriots abuse. The Ravens don't shuffle in new defenders, or look panic stricken toward the sideline, as Phil Simms pointed out.

Tannehill can't make the relaxed touch passes that Flacco specializes in. Occasionally, like the touchdown to Reggie Bush against Buffalo, but not as a rule.

Sorry for the disjointed post. Let me get to the heart of the matter. Since I joined Finheaven 7 or 8 years ago there's a longstanding tendency for posters to tout a list of 8 or 10 or 12 names on our roster. Sometimes it's in a sig. I read the names and they are nothing. Just a string of names, ones that mean something to us but not the rest of the league. If Ravens or Giants fans put together a list like that you'd have some truly special players. When we reach that point, the schemes and strategy will take care of themselves.

Baltimore doesn't concede the short stuff. I've always loved that about them and it's the reason Brady is uncomfortable against them. Notice all the 3rd and 2s for the Patriots in that game today, particularly in the first half. New England historically feasts on that type of play. Virtually every team in the league backs off and worries about getting burned, all but surrendering the cheap 5 yard out or crossing patterns. Baltimore lines up no more than a yard off every option and forces Brady to make the correct read against a hassled receiver. It requires extreme patience and eventually it wears on him.

When New England used all the college-type throwback screens tonight, it was an attempt to create space and cheap plays against a veteran defense that typically doesn't surrender that type of thing. Ed Reed plays very deep. That type of play was designed to force the safeties forward and make a tackle in open space. Worthwhile attempt. They were open a couple of times but the Patriots didn't fully execute.

New England doesn't resort to throwback plays like that against opponents they know they can methodically pick apart. It's true Brady started to show some age this year, for the first time. I mentioned that a month or two ago. It will be interesting to see what changes they adopt as a result.

Baltimore is also prepared for the hurry up style the Patriots abuse. The Ravens don't shuffle in new defenders, or look panic stricken toward the sideline, as Phil Simms pointed out.

Tannehill can't make the relaxed touch passes that Flacco specializes in. Occasionally, like the touchdown to Reggie Bush against Buffalo, but not as a rule.

Sorry for the disjointed post. Let me get to the heart of the matter. Since I joined Finheaven 7 or 8 years ago there's a longstanding tendency for posters to tout a list of 8 or 10 or 12 names on our roster. Sometimes it's in a sig. I read the names and they are nothing. Just a string of names, ones that mean something to us but not the rest of the league. If Ravens or Giants fans put together a list like that you'd have some truly special players. When we reach that point, the schemes and strategy will take care of themselves.

Best post on this thread. I agree with everything.

I bet the Pats wish Cam CaMORON would have stuck around the Ravens clubhouse just a little longer. I fully expect to see him hired by the Fins in the off season in some capacity and can the stach be far behind?

Best post on this thread. I agree with everything.

"Tannehill can't make the relaxed touch passes that Flacco specializes in. Occasionally, like the touchdown to Reggie Bush against Buffalo, but not as a rule"

Nice post..and I also agree with it but be careful cause it almost seemed as if you were calling young Tanny out and this board has posters who will not stand for anything but praise & excuses.

Im so sick of the same teams winning every season...Pats,Ravens,Giants,Pack,Steelers,Niners,Indy & Occasional 1 yr wonder (aka:Seattle)
Then its wash,rinse & repeat...Please NFL...level the field.

After watching these games, I'm even more depressed about the state of our team. On paper, we're not that far off from being a playoff team. However, I think we're so far away from being a championship caliber team. Take the Ravens for instance. Think about all of the playmakers they have running around on both sides of the ball. Reed, Ellerbe, Kruger, Ngata, Suggs, Torrey Smith, Boldin, Pitta, Rice, etc. Our biggest playmaker is Reshad Jones followed by Brandon Fields.

Forgive me for me glass half empty point of view. I tend to get like this at this time of year after another disappointing year. I just think about next year and can't find many if any young players ready to make that jump. Do you have faith in Vernon, Shelby, Kaddu, or Wilson becoming a real playmaker on D? Maybe Vernon but I'm not going to bet the house on that. How about Tannehill, Miller, Egnew, or Matthews on O? I want to believe in Tannehill but that's not a sure thing either. Just look at the message board. One of the big stories is how Yeatman may be our answer at T. Yeatman, an athelitc guy who played lacrosse in college, converted into a TE in his first year and now a T. Our team is littered with these projects each and every year and they rarely pan out. I'm just sick and tired of being below average to average. We paid some guys like Dansby to deliver big plays and all we tend to get is solid if unspectacular play (but he talks a big game that's for sure).

This is certainly gospel.

After watching these games, I'm even more depressed about the state of our team. On paper, we're not that far off from being a playoff team. However, I think we're so far away from being a championship caliber team. Take the Ravens for instance. Think about all of the playmakers they have running around on both sides of the ball. Reed, Ellerbe, Kruger, Ngata, Suggs, Torrey Smith, Boldin, Pitta, Rice, etc. Our biggest playmaker is Reshad Jones followed by Brandon Fields.

Forgive me for me glass half empty point of view. I tend to get like this at this time of year after another disappointing year. I just think about next year and can't find many if any young players ready to make that jump. Do you have faith in Vernon, Shelby, Kaddu, or Wilson becoming a real playmaker on D? Maybe Vernon but I'm not going to bet the house on that. How about Tannehill, Miller, Egnew, or Matthews on O? I want to believe in Tannehill but that's not a sure thing either. Just look at the message board. One of the big stories is how Yeatman may be our answer at T. Yeatman, an athelitc guy who played lacrosse in college, converted into a TE in his first year and now a T. Our team is littered with these projects each and every year and they rarely pan out. I'm just sick and tired of being below average to average. We paid some guys like Dansby to deliver big plays and all we tend to get is solid if unspectacular play (but he talks a big game that's for sure).

Im with you and you have a right to be down on Aqua & Orange...The NFL needs to combine the teams in a pot and...stir,shake,shift & blend until something changes from one season to the next. You are looking at the league through Miami glasses (and no they are not rose colored ... more of a dirty/turd brown) but the problem is bigger than the debacle in the MIA that has lasted over a decade now...it is a sick league right now and if we the fans demanded change something would have to give. I have always been a Mia fan but I have began to feel the pain of the never-beens...Why does the league tolorate dominate franchises? Is everyone getting paid regardless? Seems so to me.

Anyone know the number to the league office...Im about ready to call them up and swear off football till they get it right.

This team drafts mediocrities and hopes they will develop. Acorns.

It's just plain "NUTS".

You have to go after guys who are physically and talent wise, SURE THINGS and get a core of 8-10 guys like that before you can contend. Especially on offense. This franchise won its Super Bowls with a HOF QB, a HOF RB and a HOF WR and we have to go back to that mentality... draft guys who are proven playmakers and will NOT be denied. "Scheme" never wins ANYTHING.

Back
Top Bottom