Hey, It's Back!! | FinHeaven Downtime | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey, It's Back!! | FinHeaven Downtime

There are still a few bugs but when you consider that Finheaven has over 3 million threads, it is quite a feat to be back this quick.

We owe much of where we are now to our newest server Admin, Justin. He took 36GB of data and carefully pieced everything back together without data loss.

:woot: Thanks Justin!

There are still a few bugs but when you consider that Finheaven has over 3 million threads, it is quite a feat to be back this quick.

We owe much of where we are now to our newest server Admin, Justin. He took 36GB of data and carefully pieced everything back together without data loss.

Kudos to you, Justin, and the rest of the FH staff. I appreciate all of your hard work getting the forums back up and running. There's a lot to catch up on!

Who is Justin?

Any how, thanks guys...You know it was getting bad when I went to Gang green because I was so bored, although I almost vomited and didn't stay long....

Who is Justin?

Any how, thanks guys...You know it was getting bad when I went to Gang green because I was so bored, although I almost vomited and didn't stay long....

I'm Justin :)

And thanks guys. It was a crazy 3-4 days messing with all of the data, but we're back up and will stay that way as long as I can help it.

Hey! I'm Justin too....I shall share in the victory of fixing finheaven with you and pretend its me you all are thanking...

I'm Justin :)

And thanks guys. It was a crazy 3-4 days messing with all of the data, but we're back up and will stay that way as long as I can help it.

Hi there. Thanks for helping fix the site.

Out of curiosity, if this happens again in the future, would it be possible to get the VIP forum back up faster than the whole forums?

There is no separate database for VIP so unfortunately, no. :)

We are back up after many exhausting days of trying to track down a specific problem that

1. Kept causing the forums to crash (even when there was no one on them)
2. What caused the corruption of some data.

Our goal was to carefully recover all the thread data without losing posts. Thankfully we were able to do that.

FYI: The corruption had nothing to do with the traffic...

If it was the forums that were corrupted, why did the main page go down with it at first?

Also, I find it rather odd that the site crashes during peak times and it did not have anything to do with traffic. Seems to happen that way all the time now.

Glad you were able to get it back up though. Thanks!

For how long though?

Not knocking FH, but it's probably gonna go down first training camp week & the season opener.

Free agency week one, draft, ________?

Seems like every time there's heavy traffic, the site/forum goes down.

Thanks for your support as always King! You have no idea on how set this staff is to making this the number one fan site on the web! This staff is in the middle of an upgrade that will make this site so awesome even you will find it very hard to complain. We ran into a problem, and we moved forward. I will let you know that behind the sceens this staff was working around the clock, and in constant contact with the staff. Instead of kicking the site why do you show some love, appreciation, and support! You will not find another Finheaven out there!

For how long though?

Not knocking FH, but it's probably gonna go down first training camp week & the season opener.

Free agency week one, draft, ________?

Seems like every time there's heavy traffic, the site/forum goes down.
King you have been a proud member since 2003!

If it was the forums that were corrupted, why did the main page go down with it at first?

Also, I find it rather odd that the site crashes during peak times and it did not have anything to do with traffic. Seems to happen that way all the time now.

Glad you were able to get it back up though. Thanks!

odd? how so? the forum writes to a database. the main page also pulls from a database. both thouse database are on the same server. when the forum crashed it made the server proccess at 400% and kill everything.. now we had to take the server the database is on (yes it has it own server) and work on it which meant when ever we had to turn of the DB or take it down, the main page went buhbye as it calls that same database.

You guys take way too much crap when these forums go down.

It does suck but this isn't run by Huzeinga enterprises,the Dolphins or any other corp. with deep pockets so everyone should go a little easy.

Kudos to the whole staff for getting it back up.

Are any of you guys paid for your work on here or do you all really just donate your time?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer and if it's what I think, you're all nuttier than a flock of Loons but we enjoy the end product so congrats.

odd? how so? the forum writes to a database. the main page also pulls from a database. both thouse database are on the same server. when the forum crashed it made the server proccess at 400% and kill everything.. now we had to take the server the database is on (yes it has it own server) and work on it which meant when ever we had to turn of the DB or take it down, the main page went buhbye as it calls that same database.

Is there a way to limit access to the forums during those times when crashes usually occur? VIP'ers and above only? Would that help or is that even an option?

Back
Top Bottom