Hey, It's Back!! | FinHeaven Downtime | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey, It's Back!! | FinHeaven Downtime

You guys take way too much crap when these forums go down.

It does suck but this isn't run by Huzeinga enterprises,the Dolphins or any other corp. with deep pockets so everyone should go a little easy.

Kudos to the whole staff for getting it back up.

Are any of you guys paid for your work on here or do you all really just donate your time?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer and if it's what I think, you're all nuttier than a flock of Loons but we enjoy the end product so congrats.
alextrebek-1.jpg

:goof:

If it was the forums that were corrupted, why did the main page go down with it at first?

Also, I find it rather odd that the site crashes during peak times and it did not have anything to do with traffic. Seems to happen that way all the time now.

Glad you were able to get it back up though. Thanks!

Would you understand if I explained the reason to you? If so, please PM me.

Edit: Disregard, I see that Mindwarp has already taken the time to teach you a little about vBulletin and SQL.

You guys take way too much crap when these forums go down.

It does suck but this isn't run by Huzeinga enterprises,the Dolphins or any other corp. with deep pockets so everyone should go a little easy.

Kudos to the whole staff for getting it back up.

Are any of you guys paid for your work on here or do you all really just donate your time?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer and if it's what I think, you're all nuttier than a flock of Loons but we enjoy the end product so congrats.

No bro. The staff here is volunteer.

I'd like to make a note of something.

While overwhelming traffic has been a problem for us, the extended downtime isn't a result of said traffic. Rather, that was the result of existing issues simply got amplified/brought to light when traffic would ramp up.

Justin did a fantastic job this week. The guy is an animal. :lol:

We understand why we've gained a reputation for falling over when traffic gets heavy. Unfortunately, it's deserved at this point in time.

I'd like to tell you that we've made some changes and even more are on the way so that these bad things won't happen anymore. But that means little until we actually prove it to you.

We look forward to proving it over the summer. :)

I am a Bills fan, I hate most of you, but I also am a IT Manager/Systems Analyst/Network Engineer/DBA/VB Developer/ASP Developer/.NET Developer/Postmaster/Webmaster/Listmaster... And have been for over 15 years.

I have been on this site for over 5 years, and I think these guys do a great job. If they used an uptime monitor, I think you would all see that in the grand scheme of things this site is available about 95% of the time. Which is excellent for a volunteer site.

If you have never had a mission critical server go thump in the middle of the night, you have no right to say a damn word.

I have spent so many sleepless nights over the years pulling servers back from failed power supplies, failed disks, corrupted raid arrays, upstream network problems, corrupted data, and on, and on and on. The simple fact is when I see this site is down--I think of the Admins that are losing sleep and doing so for free.

You guys have a great board with great admins. If I was the admin I would ban all of you simpletons who are b!tching about things you don't even have a clue about.

You people have no idea the headache these guys took on when they moved to their own servers--no clue. And they did it for Dolphin fans (i.e. you)... What a waste. :chuckle:

:harm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a Bills fan, I hate most of you, but I also am a IT Manager/Systems Analyst/Network Engineer/DBA/VB Developer/ASP Developer/.NET Developer/Postmaster/Webmaster/Listmaster... And have been for over 15 years.

I have been on this site for over 5 years, and I think these guys do a great job. If they used an uptime monitor, I think you would all see that in the grand scheme of things this site is available about 95% of the time. Which is excellent for a volunteer site.

If you have never had a mission critical server go thump in the middle of the night, you have no right to say a damn word.

I have spent so many sleepless nights over the years pulling servers back from failed power supplies, failed disks, corrupted raid arrays, upstream network problems, corrupted data, and on, and on and on. The simple fact is when I see this site is down--I think of the Admins that are losing sleep and doing so for free.

You guys have a great board with great admins. If I was the admin I would ban all of you simpletons who are b!tching about things you don't even have a clue about.

You people have no idea the headache these guys took on when they moved to their own servers--no clue. And they did it for Dolphin fans (i.e. you)... What a waste. :chuckle:

you have no clue how many times celtkin and muck have talked me down from that.

I had something typed in here but I closed my browser by accident and I'm too tired to remember what it was.

I'm beat, time for me to sleep for the next few days. Thanks for all the kind words!

From a fellow IT guy, thank you.

We haven't moved just yet. That is coming very, very soon. We're really excited about it. But your point abundantly stands.

We lose sleep over this stuff. We get distracted from (or completely put off) our real jobs. That's not the easiest thing to balance. But that's love I guess. :tongue: Nobody cares about it more than us. Nobody.

We know most of you 'get it'. We're not looking for a pity party. But it is nice when we get things back in order and see that our members understand. :)

We're getting there. Just hang tight. It'll all be better soon.

:bighug: We love ya dude and appreciate the kind words. Besides, next to Clumpy, you are the biggest closest Dolphins fan on this board. :)

Thanks for bringing the site back up. Those two days were the most miserable of my life, as I tried to get my FH fix somewhere else but was unsuccessful, other boards just dont have the charm of FH. Its like a heroine man, once this site goes down, we all go nuts.

Would you understand if I explained the reason to you? If so, please PM me.

Edit: Disregard, I see that Mindwarp has already taken the time to teach you a little about vBulletin and SQL.

Um Celt, I have worked with databases since 1990....I'm an SQL junkie.
Currently, I do Peoplesoft development.

Um Celt, I have worked with databases since 1990....I'm an SQL junkie.
Currently, I do Peoplesoft development.

Then you should know very well that what I said was plausible. :wink:

...speaking of which, if you are interested in volunteering to help FH, PM Muck or me,

From a fellow IT guy, thank you.

We haven't moved just yet. That is coming very, very soon. We're really excited about it. But your point abundantly stands.

We lose sleep over this stuff. We get distracted from (or completely put off) our real jobs. That's not the easiest thing to balance. But that's love I guess. :tongue: Nobody cares about it more than us. Nobody.

We know most of you 'get it'. We're not looking for a pity party. But it is nice when we get things back in order and see that our members understand. :)

We're getting there. Just hang tight. It'll all be better soon.
I for one greatly appreciate what you guys do....I "man love" you all.....lol.

Back
Top Bottom